Why Hasn't this been addressed yet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Landitt, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Last Laugh had only one piece of PVE content and it's a forgettable police station/nightclub duo at Tier 3.
    Are you really fixing to suggest that people liked one duo over a whole episode? I ain't denying that Legion is unpopular and people hate the bounties; but that's stretching it.

And how would I know it's for PVP?
    Because 1) Last Laugh was Overwhelmingly PVP oriented. New Legends were added, New Maps were added, the main currency you got from Last Laugh was Marks Of Legend(85 if memory serves.)

2) PVP's been broken since 2014 and there's still people out there wanting it to be fixed.

3) Your right on this. I'm just saying people voted for the last laugh are probably more likely to vote on it as a way to signify "hey devs, we want PVP to be fixed." rather than "hey devs, we really hate legion". And not to mention, twitter will never reveal who voted for which category.

4) I mean if you play Legion right now and hate it, you're not gonna be somebody saying "Man I wish we came back to the last Laugh days." If anything, people'll more fondly recall the days of Paradox Wave; FOS, AOJ, or literally any other form of PVE content that came before it.

There's no doubts in my mind that a PVP oriented episode like Last Laugh attracted most of it's votes from former and current PVP players. That said, It's mind boggling to me that they allowed for an apples to Oranges comparison to take place to begin with.

Last Laugh would've only made more sense to include had it had anything more PVE related than just one duo.
    • Like x 2
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

When "The Last Laugh" won, my eyes went out to my forehead. I myself was a hardcore PVP player, my league played PVE only to get additional SP ... but I voted against LL, since this DLC was just bad, it was bad as PVP DLC (paid PVP, pvp maps with unnecessary pve elements , part of the achievement is related to pve elements on the map (resurrect the NPC, kill the NPC ,kill 100 NPC),boring dragging something somewhere ...)....
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I didn't vote for either since I hated both. It's like if there were presidential elections that only had crap choices... just keep out of it.
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Has anyone considered that maybe the devs removed it as a "message received" kind of thing? Like, rather than it being rigged, maybe they saw the result and took it to heart. Then, since they have no current PvP plans, they removed it from the poll ,since its win had told them all it could tell them?

Like, we all think Age of Justice will roll Legion in the next round, surely the devs see that. So, if anything, they're setting AoJ up for win. Meanwhile, what would they actually learn from Last Laugh going further, or even winning the bracket? Could they gain any meaningful knowledge from AoJ crushing Last Laugh? Perhaps they feel they have more to learn by seeing the ratio on AoJ vs. Legion than they do from another round of votes featuring Last Laugh.

I just think there are a bunch of simple (and maybe even practical) reasons that they may have changed the bracket. I'm not defending it, as I believe that you shouldn't put up such a bracket unless you're going to carry it through.

Ultimately, does it matter? If Last Laugh won the whole thing, they still wouldn't have any PvP plans at the moment. Since that's the case, what's the point of taking it further? Does it matter if Last Laugh loses to Legion, Age of Justice, or some other subsequent episode with which it's matched?

TLDR: There's simpler reasons they might've changed it. It doesn't even matter, though. (IMO, they should've left it in.)
    • Like x 2
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The sense of entitlement on display here is breathtaking.

You're right. The point (for the 3rd time) is that they don't have to answer to you or anyone else. Meaning; they don't have to prove anything (like cheating) to a customer. Be mad at your friends in the community who tried to game the system, instead of the Devs.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Sense of entitlement? lol, oh please, LOL is that the line some people clamor to now days whenever confronted with something?

You're telling me to be mad a group of people for "gaming the system" when you can't prove the system was even gamed, you've assumed it was impossible for Last Laugh to win, you've decided already in your own mind that Legion was the only possible victor and therefore Last Laughs victory was either because of "salty people", which isn't gaming the system by the way or it's because of supposed "fake votes" of which you cannot prove at all.

The truth is, it was disappointing that Last Laugh was included in the first place then when it won the rules were changed and it was removed. I'm not nearly as mad as you might think, it's simply a disappointing thing to see, It just should've been left alone in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

The Schadenfreude in me now wants to see Legion DLC win out over AOJ.
    • Like x 1
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The sense of entitlement is from your demand for proof. Much like the Devs don't have to prove a player was cheating when they're caught, or answer to the community, they similarly don't have to explain to the community when they catch other players gaming their system. It's not really complicated.

And since I'm not a Dev on this team, I similarly don't have to prove this to you in a conversation either. That's quite the silly leap to make. And again, it won several matchups to get to the bracket it did. None of which it should of won because it was a bad DLC and every DLC ever made was better than it.

[IMG]
  9. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, you're confusing actual humor now (based on your position) with anger, You're making a baseless allegation that people fraudulently rigged the vote, with no evidence. I'm not asking you to provide proof I'm simply telling you that in the absence of proof; there's only one conclusion. You're wrong. ;)

Unless of course you've got all the IP logs for the voters.

[IMG]
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Baseless allegations? Fraud? Rigging? Evidence? Accountability? Transparency? Oh the drama. Stop watching so much tv.

Your sub entitles you to play the game. That's all.

[IMG]
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Oh don't mind if I do

[IMG]
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Oh dear.
    • Like x 1
  14. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

So do you always argue with brick walls or just on the weekends
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Probably just weekends, although sometimes there's a bit of time on lunch breaks ;)
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

You obviously don't know him. He argues all the time, anytime, and everytime he gets the opportunity regardless of when, or who it is, or especially how wrong he is. It's his thing.
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Even if it was the winner due to fraud the results should have stood, wouldnt be the first election won through widespread voter fraud....

I havent been keeping up with that bracket thing, but i do know that last laugh brought me probably my favorite duo thats ever came out, as well as the spec ops style aand the shield that i would love to use but it takes to long to get into the weapon mastery... theres several weapons id like to use but none are as easy to get to as brawling tap hold.

Legion isnt a bad dlc, i like it! ive already played it a heck of alot more then i did any of the metal dlcs, might even be my favorite thats came out within the last 2 years.. ive been playing so much recently that i switched my power twice this week, the first time from hard light ( love that power 100% n have all the backups, materials and auras.. just tired of green) to quantum, wasnt feeling it at all.. im a troll i dont really dps, but no matter how i spec i couldnt get my quantum troll to put up reasonable damage numbers and i was struggling with outdoor solo missions .. now im mental and am absolutely loving it! Havent been that power since i started playing way back when i first logged on!

plus i missed out on the first skeets trinket & this new legion artifact helps make up for it.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Do you all think this bracket system is fairly done? LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

No it isn't for sure.

Battle for Earth for example should never have gone against Origin Crisis this early, No other DLC imo would've come close to beating Origin Crisis and now that Battle for Earth is out, there's literally nothing in there I see beating Origin Crisis, may as well hand the prize to OC now.

Battle for Earth will subsequently look worse than some other DLC's simply beacuse of poor initial placement, even though I personally think its the second best DLC in the bracket (my opinion).

Also I will say as well when it comes to OC I think there's a lot of people voting for that DLC based on rose tinted nostalgia when that DLC was far, far from perfect and in my opinion as well isn't really worthy of the extent of seemingly blind adoration it at times receives.

In saying that, I suppose I am curious though to see how Teen Titans goes, given there a few people fond of that DLC.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

If it holds true, OC would win by landslides, but some of these "wins" are by far not correct nor would be. I feel one of the post AF3 era are going to be a winner. I mean, a friggin monthly DLC won for crying out loud. There are far too many things that resulted in something that wouldn't happen naturally.

I also agree, BFE should not been in the same bracket as OC. I think it's the best DLC they've had. It had progression on multiple levels and produced 4 different gear sets as well as various other elements that just are lost today because of lack of focus towards it. Mostly because replays changed how content gets release.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.