Downtime Server Downtime - January 20, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I understand maintenance must be done since I've worked in IT for over 30 years. I have been on this game since 2013. I just feel that some consideration should be given to maybe stagger the downtimes for the two regions.
    • Like x 4
  2. ReedSpacer New Player

more downtime than uptime these days... :mad:
    • Like x 2
  3. chasenina New Player

Thought you fixed it now.
  4. rimvader Well-Known Player

First thing, Thank You Mepps for all the years!!:D
    I saw the post yesterday, but many do not check the forms until there's a problem logging on.
    Red text on the login 'box' news to caught our attention showing upcoming downtimes.
    When down the login 'box' ask for handle and password , not stating the servers are down. If it could say 'Worlds Down' like in the past that could help lower confusion.

Ready for the next 10;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. YeahyeahNO New Player

I don’t know how people have been posting comments today. I couldn’t get logged in. Apparently, the daybreak login has been down, along with the game.
  6. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

that's a good idea. "Servers are down for maintenance, please check the forums for more information." on the patcher when you try to log in would at least give you something to go on, instead of wondering if there was something wrong with your install or internet connection
    • Like x 2
  7. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Currently the announcement the day before is a forum post. Maybe it would be more prominent if it was actually in the server status spot. Also the server status style might be stronger as a bar at the top of the page. Try this for a rough preview:

Code:
    div#serverStatus {
        padding: 6px 10px;
        color: #ffffff;
        font-size: 16px;
        font-weight: bold;
        position: fixed;
        top: 0;
        left: 0;
        background-color: #cc0000;
        width: 100%;
        text-align: center;
    }
    • Like x 1
  8. Whazues Well-Known Player

ok so i can now log in but is the servers still down or is the U.S servers finally up because today i am able to get membership but the downtime has made it to where i couldn't do that. But if it's finally up then i will be able to get the 1 year membership, which will help me out alot to have more than just 2 characters on my PC account.
  9. Trenton New Player

10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: Today's maintenance is still not complete. The Daybreak teams are working as fast as possible to complete the maintenance and bring all games back up. I do not have a new/updated ETA beyond as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience as this drags on.
    • Like x 4
  11. Glister New Player

The servers are all up, they're just locked. You can check for yourself here.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Roughgamer980 New Player

Broooo hurry up ya all wasting are double mark last day!!
  13. Hellnympho New Player

For a while now. There is still work to be done to get everything working once servers are up. Patience. There are many other games or activities to do during this is why you should not put all youe eggs in one basket.
    • Like x 1
  14. Glister New Player

??? - I'm answering the other guy's question of whether the servers are up or not.
    • Like x 2
  15. Hellnympho New Player

I was adding to it. encouraging the same as you. Look up the info available to all and line it up with common sense and there will be more time to have fun and less time to get oneself worked up. Now they have a link and do not need to Google it. You are appreciated for this sir.
  16. Aztracion Gaming New Player

Yeesh man I just wanna play the game already 4 no in game changes why is it taking half a day 2 come back online
  17. Marecwolfe New Player

I for one am glad for maintenance, having been playing online games for many years now, system instability is no fun for anyone. These downtimes are inconvenient, but ultimately make the game more fun and enjoyable.
  18. Wonder Gyrl New Player

I agree! They should extend it just because of this. It has been almost 12 hours now and it is STILL down.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wonder Gyrl New Player

I can deal with that!
  20. Seanzone042 New Player

Locked as in only devs can play?