Which iconic style would you like to see on DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OmniKix, Jan 20, 2021.

1. OmniKix New Player

Lately, the DCUO staff have been add iconic styles such as the Nightwing style from the Teen Titans Time Capsule and the Flash style we got for the anniversary event. So then that brought up a question. If you could get any iconic style that isn't in the game yet, which would it be? Personally I would love to get a Superman style like the one the NPC wears.
  2. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I'd just be happy with more flex suit type outfits that the devs said they were working on but haven't delivered. Think it was over a year ago that they posted more flex suit styles would be made.:(:(:(
    • Like x 3
  3. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

I personally would love more slimline styles based on lanterns, we still need skinny simple gloves and boots.
    • Like x 4
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's a tough one to call because a lot of current character styles have already made their way into the game. I think you'd have to start looking to past character looks for more iconic outfits to bring into the game and some of them haven't really aged all that well. Particularly some of the redesigns that came out of the '90s. LOL
    • Like x 1
  5. Megzilla Developer

I think we have actually delivered to some degree, as a couple suits we have released are a slimline for the shirt and pants. We do try to look for opportunities where we can indulge player requests. What designs in particular are you looking for?
    • Like x 7
  6. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I would like a Daffy Duck iconic style. Imagine a tank jumping in quacking.
  7. Brit Loyal Player

Commissioner Gordon's mustache. (Our only mustache options are the fu man chu and the curly cowboy mustache; somehow we never got the option for a NORMAL mustache)

Mr Freeze's CLEAR glass containment helmet. (Our existing option is so frosted over that our character cannot see out, and the players cannot see in. I just want it to be made from clear glass, the way it is for Mr Freeze's model in the game)

Trench Coat and Leather Jacket styles that allow us to put our emblem on the chest of the t-shirt underneath, instead of putting the emblem on the back of the coat. Seriously, when actual heroes wear a coat in the comics, the emblem is almost always on the shirt underneath. Why is that not a style we've been given the option for?

And I love DCUO so, could we stop getting built-in Emblems? If the art team wants to make a new Batman or Superman suit, great. Make it. Then take the spot where you want to put that huge emblem.... and make that blank. Then take that huge emblem you just made for it and, hear me out, make it an EMBLEM. That way we can do the set the way the art team envisions, or we can do the set with literally any other emblem we might choose, or we can take that emblem and use it on any other emblem enabled suit.
    • Like x 1
  8. Karen Beecher New Player

1) Hairstyle with the Superman "S" curl
    2) Mr. Terrific's Fair Play jacket (They gave you the T-Spheres, why not the jacket ?)
    3) The hat that Green Arrow & Speedy wore in the Silver Age (Whatever the name of that type of hat is)

P.S. - Separate thing, but wouldn't it be cool to have stretching powers in this game ? Elongated Man ? Plastic Man ? Probably impossible to do.
  9. SandMancr Active Player

any other style but no flash
  10. Eve YouTuber

I'm still waiting for Earth 2 Hawkgirl, and I would love Donna Troy(Fury) Earth 2 and Deathbringer (Donna Troy) styles.
    • Like x 2
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The classic slimlines have a good variety of patterns already, but they look dated because of texture & resolution. Would it be possible to create a material that's alpha channel only. It would add something like a carbon fiber texture, but leave the pattern & player's color choice intact. That way you don't have to make several new slimlines.

There are some good patterns in Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl & Lightning Lad's costumes that would look good layered over any of the old slimlines.
    • Like x 1
  12. mouseymouse1976 Active Player

It would be nice to have the superman emblem back if possible.:)
    • Like x 2
  13. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I'd love something like the stuff the Legionnaires wear. Thank you soooo much!!! Heck I'd even pay for a flex suit pack in the market place!
    • Like x 1
  14. EvilDeeds Active Player

If you're doing slim or flex styles we need some gloves and boots
    [IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Karen Beecher New Player

How about these chest styles

[IMG]

And some torn Kamandi shorts

[IMG]
  16. Wildcat Committed Player

How about Wildcat? ;)

hands and head style

[IMG]

blue speed force aura?
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Karen Beecher New Player

An official Silver Age Green Arrow chest style
    • Like x 2
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's not up to the art team. It's a licensing thing unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm here to co-sign all of this!!!
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This may not be iconic, necessarily, but I think an interesting addition would be the series of specialized Head styles present in the 31st Century open-world Student Rescue mission - specifically, the ones you get from the Phone Booth. I think they'd be a great way to expand the character Style development to allow people to play more non-humanoid aliens types.