Downtime Server Downtime - January 20, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Thanks Mepps, It can't be helped that just wiped out my last day of bonus.
  2. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I'm still sad we don't have sock puppets in game :(
  3. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

that's not a graphics update, that's a game engine update, and it's NEVER going to happen. they will never spend the money to buy a new engine and rewrite the whole game to run on it, because that's what would have to happen. not an update, basically a whole new game written to take advantage of a non paleolithic game engine...and they've been getting rid of everyone who has even the faintest clue about how to write code for a while now....
    • Like x 3
  4. RahRah Active Player

You guys are so impatient lol They originally said "about 6hrs", which technically means more or less. It's a game - Have fun with it when it's up, do something productive when it's not.
    • Like x 3
  5. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I did something productive from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm EET (Eastern European Time) 5:00pm - 12:00 midnight is my game time. Server is down from 4:00 pm - 12:00 midnight EET any suggestions?
  6. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I think we are all missing the fact that NONE of our bases have a working toaster.
    • Like x 2
  7. rimvader Well-Known Player

All's Good. Get locked out of my "Membership" on Friday, ticket resolved on Tuesday, Game down on Wednesday.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. Fric New Player

First i want to thank those who "do" keep the Game alive and running.

It still does not seem possible or/and professional that since lauch there is no Information or updated Information about Shutdowns or Maintenance.

It is not hard and does not take any work to write 1 line of Text to just "Inform" that all Servers or Connections won't work.

Today the Forum just told me: wrong credentials and/or you cannot make an Account at this time.

I wasted 30 minutes and I tried everything, also logging into the Forums, and the only Page where i finally got an information about an "All-Out Maintenance was when i tried to reset my password...

Not once did the Time told fit the actual time it took in the last 10 Shutdowns.
    It also would not be hard to just write an Information on the Forum or via eMail when it takes longer or something is up.

All those apologists make it worse.
    If a longtime Player gets told by a new Player to calm down and be happy it is quite the joke.

Red Wáve if you aren't payed or just a new account from some admin here your arguments are selfish. If you care about raids (like me btw) does not mean that has to be the same case for others.

So if you feel informed enough or treated fair/well by that behaviour i am really happy for you, but some people have a life where one has to manage his/her playtime.
    For those this behavior is highly unprofessional, and again 1 line of Text takes 20 Seconds max...

It seems the players are not worth those seconds, why else wouldn't that have been adressed since the launch of the Game?

As long as there are people who apologize for behaviour like that, nothing will change.

Again: I am happy and Thankfull that you work on the Game but that doesn't just negate everything else.
    • Like x 3
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I remember back when we used to get game updates that brought big changes, now we get game updates and they’re just seasonals or dlc .... im not even sure dlc should be called a game update
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkPaladin New Player

After a long day of work this is really what i needed...
    • Like x 3
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi there. If there's another way or place you would like information, open to suggestions. One thing to remember is that you do not need to be logged in to view the forums. For this maintenance, we put out this downtime announcement that you're posting in yesterday, have our red system text at the top of the forum, and messages out on social media. You can see the latest tweet on the sidebar of the forums as well, if you're not a social media user, and if you're on PC the information hits the launcher.
    • Like x 7
  12. Fric New Player

Thank you for the direct reply.
    I have seen the Red Text ofcourse, which as i said did not fit the Time the last 10 times.
    So many changes were made and many of them were to make more money.
    What exactly is all that money used for if it is not even possible to update that "Red - Text?"

So maybe tell everyone the Downtime will be 10 hours and when you are done faster you can update the Red- Text?
    Then noone would waste Time, noone would be angry - People would be happy that you are done faster...
    I am sorry, but that cannot be that hard since it has been this way since the Lauch.
    Thank you again for the work you do, but please change that.

Edit: The Red text does not say how long the Shutdown will be, that can only be found in the specific Topic under Announcements.
    For me personally it would be more than enough if just that text would tell how long it will take and if that text would be updated.
    Open theForum, see and know.
    The comment that it will take longer was between other post, so if one does not go through it all one would still know little to nothing.
  13. sofawitch New Player

I've had sooo much time to be able to actually play today and I can't now because of this maintenance that has been going on all day. Sucks..
  14. Hellnympho New Player

I am a PC user and get all the updates on my launcher. I also link the forum for the downtimes and bonuses to my Leagues discord so all the PS users know right away whats coming as well. As A PC user it has become my responsibility to share the updates on Discord. A launcher or info like we see on PC would be nmice for the PS users but that is a code rewrite. MMOs have always been more effecient and been easier to inform its PC users. That is why you do not see a lot of effort put into designing powerful MMOs for game systems. You should show appreciation for how hard Daybreak works to doo what other companies wouldnt even give the time of day to. Cant DCUO be beter? Yes much better actually. But to do that they would need to make console users have actual daybreak accounts like FF14 does or something similiar. For a fully featured MMO it would need to go PC only because consoles limit what designers can actually implement. So again, peopple should show a greater appreciation for what Daybreak does and provides for you. I know this is opening a can of worms so here we go let's here the drama and QQs
    • Like x 1
  15. Clinicalgames New Player

The info given out says expected to take 6 hours if people can not figure out it could take longer then that is there issue and they need to stop taking there anger out on developers and people shouldn't demand updates on maintenance it doesn't matter if it take 1 minute or twenty that is time that could be better used completing the maintenance.

People also need to remember as a game developer you guys want people to be able to play your game.

Also all episodes are free currently that didn't have to happen daybreak did that on there own and not all of companies give away free content be grateful that you can enjoy 10 years of content for free stop giving people who are working there hardest to ensure you have something to do or play when you wake up or finish work or school a hard time.
  16. TheRealist781 New Player

Why don't you post a monthly calendar? Some people only have a limited amount of money to spend in the marketplace and knowing things like upcoming double artifact xp week or sales in the marketplace would better allow players to plan their financial investments in the game to be the most beneficial for them. It's not like Daybreak would lose any money seeing as this is not the type of game that ends. There will always be more things we need to buy so it would be nice to be able to plan how to get the most for our money. The content is digital and its not like you have to pay workers to go into the mines to dig up our Nth metal, send it out to get refined, then box it up and ship it to us.
    • Like x 2
  17. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Finally, someone said it!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Maybe the MOTD (or system message or whatever you call that) when you log in a few days before the update? I get it, that's a tricky one.
    • Like x 1
  19. OG Sage Level 30

• Like x 2
  20. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Would it be possible to have a Terminal in HQ, Safehouses and League Halls that basically show the Current and Upcoming Events and Updates?

Last night, my time, I appreciated the forewarning that the game would go down for maintenance. When I logged in this morning, I saw the usual League MOTD and had an idea. I scrolled up in Chat and saw the usual HI and welcome to DCUO System MOTD. I would like it, if possible, to tell: "The world will be shut down today at xx:xx CET for [whatever reason] expected to last/may last up to x hours"

Most people will still miss it, but I can tell them to check MOTD instead of typing in the entire text, adding clarification. Just a small QoL for me and the other people who (when it's not a global pandemic) logs in in the morning just after reset to do Vault, accept dailies and maybe complete a few, before work or school.
    • Like x 3