Unlock materials with replay badges

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Terremor, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Terremor New Player

Yup me again :rolleyes:
    I know you all want this
    Let's make it happen
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

When looking at the response Booster Bundles get in attempts to get a single material, and the ability to buy replay badges with real money on the MP.

This sounds like a micro transaction creators wet dream
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Definitely not all. This is the point so many forum members make about saying "you" speak for the community. I do not care in the slightest about materials. I have some. Do not use. If there is something else that could benefit gameplay, I'll take that improvement any day. But I can still hope you get what you want.
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

You were on another post saying how more artifacts and sp wasn't a good thing on the 290 cr skip right?
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Definitely not saying they aren't a good thing but I did say that they shouldn't come with more stuff. The value is there, especially because it's free. What I really want to say is players need to stop being poorboi/ cheap@$$ and buy whatever else they want and appreciate what they got free.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oops I just said it
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

yeah but the thing is. These free cr skips are indicative of what the paid new cr skip will be at 290. So if your paying the 40 or 50 whatever dollars it is now. No it's not enough. How much artifact xp did the skip give exactly. And 70 sp? Yikes. You're putting players at near end game with less than 100 sp with how this game is setup.
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

And? I'm using a 255 skip and doing fine at end game. The players using them are the problem not the skips themselves. Again, run old content. Run event level stuff. Run with Carrie's or run with fellow skippers and put some effort in. It's a game, stop being lazy and wanting everything handed out. This is aimed at anyone.

The only sp that should be given away in this game is pvp and that should be given to everyone not just skips. If anyone thinks the skips aren't worth it as is, don't buy them. "But it was free" so then use it and stop complaining about free crap because the end result won't be adding more free stuff, it'll be them not giving any free stuff.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I could write an entire response to this. But im too tired to. We'll agree to disagree on certain points. No one said anything about handouts. I grinded. I have over 500 sp. Im trying to look out for new players to the game so they stick around. The skip should include a little more to it. Its my opinion. You dont have to agree. Its fine.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

When you look at the CR skip, you should have two questions.

1. Is everything in the CR Skip enough to start an effective path to progress for your new character?

2. Will this route be comfortable without additional investment?

The answer to the first question is yes, the second is no. And this is correct, since the purpose of the CR skip is to attract players to the game, and "force" them to spend either extra money or extra time. Both options are good ,for both the game and the players. Developers earn money and players have the opportunity to play old content, where the path "lies" to achieve a more comfortable game for the CR Skip character ...
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I get it. But I too would like them to stick around. They're already getting a strong "free trial" setup. But let me simplify my outlook on this:
    (Also, no reason to respond/ have an argument. This isn't a big deal just a difference of opinion)

You buy any new game. Maybe there's a 10min demo online for free. So you like what you see, you cough up somewhere between $60 and $110 depending on what is offered with it. Base is $60, but those weapon skins and cool jacket and maybe a better than average gun bring that price into the $100+ realm. Normal right?
    Ok, hoping you agree. We've all been burned by terrible games at this price point (Tom Clancy anything) but whatever we ain't getting a refund.
    So here's a free skip. AND AN ENTIRE FREE GAME. Everything you need to try the game out for months to years if you'd like. Drop $10 on top of that, get the utility belt and whatever. Or sign up for a month for $15 and get a bunch of stuff. Especially right now. So we are still at $10-$15.
    Now you want more sp but you're too lazy to go back and get some? Great news, there's a ton of it in time capsules. Spend another $20.

Well crap, we still ain't at $60. Ok, buy some nth. $20 worth maybe? Hopefully they wait till double week. We're still under the cost of a new game.

No, I don't care if all new players stick around. Because ftp players aren't really important to me. Personal opinion. I get the logic and having extra numbers helps and I'm sure they spend if they stick around. Flooding the game with ftp tho, nah. Not good. Realistically, this may bring in maybe 15 to 20% increase in population anyway. Most of the skips are being used by already in game players. And most are the ones rallying for more sp so they can save on replay badges.

Hopefully the ones that stick around become good for the community. And that's the real benefit of the skip.
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

F2P players are important to the game. This is a horrible attitude. They bring foot traffic. They help Q's. They are a part of the community. They might bring friends who then spend money on the game. At some point there is a possibility they might spend money on the game but maybe can't afford it right now. The fact you dont care if these people stick around is a terrible attitude to have. We need all the players we can get.
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Another terrible attitude for someone to have is being angry that a free gift isn't enough for them. I personally don't care if ftp sticks around as ftp, that's my opinion. I like when those ftp become members. I said I don't care if all new players stick around. I hope that some do.

We don't need all the players we can get. This game would be dead, literally gone, if we were all ftp. So I'm all for less of that yes. Now again, if they're ftp and become subs or premium or strongly support then great.

You're all asking for more people to come in, use the skip and play for free to increase foot traffic. Now go read the 30 other posts that are from paying members that they're sick and tired of skippers screwing their runs. All sorts of complaints. Possibly making them stop paying and leave the game. Every single thing you can think of as being great due to the ftps can be flipped by someone and become a reason not to want them. But this isn't even what all this is really about and my outlook on it doesn't matter. I'm not ignoring ftps, I'd help them and convince them to sub.
    This is all so far from op/ original post so I won't be checking back in here. I made my point and since the only thing that was seen as an issue was my personal opinion, I'll wager that my other point was clear enough and agreed upon.
    Only other point I'll make is if everyone truly believes the skips are a bad deal, don't buy them. If they don't sell, then they'll redo things. Could also refuse the free gift...
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Circiling back to the original topic (ahem....there are plenty of anti/pro skip discussion to jump on guys), I don't see why they can't add this feature. I'm personally not one who would take advantage of it, but if someone wants to blow their money getting cosmetics, I'd say let them...means less things DBG has to come up with to take the money from the rest of us.

Seems like you just add a 'materials' entry to the styles list that just lists which ones you own...nothing to apply at that point, but just a list which could populate across the account toons and be unlockable for XXX replays. I'd guess at least as much as the high end Auras at 500+. I'm not spending $15 RL dollars for a cosmetic, but some will....let them.

And believe me...as someone who sells materials for great gain(most times), I'd lose more than than many in lost sales. So it's not self-serving.