Which power do you think the community wants the most?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aduzar Light, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Hi it's all in the title I don't think I need to specify more in useless blabla ^^. Of course, don't take into account the previously released power, although of course, DC has a routine about releasing powers ;)
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the powerset that gets the most Forum thirst is Blue Lantern, which...

No. Hard Light Pass.

I'd like to see Serums, but that'll never happen.
    • Like x 4
  3. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

- HL Blue Lantern would be cool, as long it isn't just a copy of Green/Yellow or Rage.

- Personally, I'd like to see a power that is based on the different chemical elements, it could be just as versatile as Gadgets (Burn, Freeze, Electrify, Gas etc. etc.). Altough the power would have some overlap with Atomic o_O I still think this should be the next new power :)
    • Like x 3
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Besides blue lantern I want to see wind .
    • Like x 2
  5. Warriorofmetal8 New Player

I would like the power of Darkness or shadow based on obsidian héroe and Shade villain.
    Also other powers that I would like to see are
    Poison
    Air
    Experimental suerums
    Haker (Oracle and calculator)
    Toys, joke articles and fireworks
    Cybernetics ( a ciborg body)
    Magnetic
    Blue lanter
  6. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I would love to see a Black and White Lantern. Healers that are battle healers first
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Metamorpho would be a good guideline for that power set. His ability could be to convert incoming enemy damage back onto the enemy.

I would think Plasticman would be a great power. Melee an enemy with a giant fly swatter.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mystyfy Level 30

I know this might not be what the community wants, but I'd like a wider pool of iconic powers. Maybe merge it with the movement mode powers or have separate iconic abilities based on your movement mode.

Would love to see some of the Flash's or other actual iconic powers available for player use, like his ability to throw lightning for one. Maybe change the iconic tree to how the original power tree was, so that you can only have access to certain powers if you follow the right path. Obviously the number of skill points isn't limited like power points were, but choosing one path could block another to make choices more meaningful.

Just an idea, and it might make for some interesting or more diverse loadout options.
    • Like x 3
  9. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Super strength
  10. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Air would be the best elemental power left since we have Fire, Water, Earth. It would produce cool sound effects and animations, see what Fujin does in MK11 and you'll see the potential in Air combat.

I feel like Air would be a cool tank power since it has crowd control potential but I can see it as a healing power too.

Scarab would be the power that would make the most sense and fun.
    Blue Beetle and Black Beetle host a scarab and this would be like the Latern where the power grants you an accessory which distinguishes it from other powers. Scarab power grants the character the scarab accessory on the back and would function just like how Blue Beetle moves did in Injustice 2 or on Young Justice where we saw the scarab be used to it's potential.

Definitely a troll or heal power.
    • Like x 2
  11. Fwames Well-Known Player

I think the community still wants some of that juicy "Serum".
    With all the virus and vaccinations stuff going around, don't you think that it is finally time to release it?
    • Like x 3
  12. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Personally:

Astral (tank)
    Ninja (controller)
    Nanites (healer)

Shadow (tank)
    Strings (controller)
    Blue/Spiritual Flames (healer)

Crystal Magic [ala Dark Souls] (tank)
    Light (controller)
    Another Lantern (healer)
    • Like x 1
  13. Super Lantern Active Player

lantern healer, it's the only role missing lantern powers, then we can focus on other powers, my second choice is a shape shifter tank power set based on clayface.
  14. ahmtcn New Player

Druid Power (Shapeshifting / Pet) Role: Dps / Tank

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
  15. HLKyleRayner New Player

If we're talking brand new powers that are unique from all others thus far, i'd have to say Wind.
    • Like x 2
  16. Cyro Committed Player

Yea i think we all want serums but i doubt it would happen, having you character inject themselves to make them stronger would be a hard pill to swallow for a game rated teen

Would love to see a tank power based on clayface or just a body manipulation power

wind for troll

i would love shadow for healer but that would be too much overlap with cele so i dont think it would happen

Honestly i dont think we will get any new powers anytime soon, i think we will be getting more iconic and more abilities for pre existing powers. At some point we will get another batch of 3 in within 10 years but i dont think we would be getting any until at least 2023
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Empathic Healing, based on Raven.
    • Like x 3
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, the most frequent requests are blue lantern, super strength, shadows, serum ... Well, these are the most frequent requests, but personally I would like to see, not a specific powers, but specific mechanics, I will give a couple of examples.

1. A controller whose class mechanics are based in part ,on pets. Different permanent and temporary pets, depending on which one is active, the controller and the group receive different effects. One pet, for example, increases power recovery, another throws a Debuff, the third decreases power regeneration but enhances party members and deals additional damage itself ... and the like ... You can call such a power, for example, "Revitalizer" where it will be a mixture of "Dr. Frankenstein" and "Victorian Medium (well, for the villains the necromancer)". Where pets are, for example, "Frankenstein's monster", guardian spirit, banshee and the like ... this is one example of how such a power can be implemented conceptually, but it can be done differently, this is nothing more than an illustration ...

2. A healer who imposes long-term passive effects on the group (HoT, Life theft, partial shield, increase in defense, damege reflect,), since there are only 6 cells for powers in the DCUO, it is obvious that you need several effects for eachpower (probably also mini healing for every time the effect is updated) ... A "cyber-medic" would be a good concept (all healers are either magical or meta, but we don't have technology-based doctors) ...

3. A tank whose main mechanics are tied to the active use of the alternative form and the skill bar ... (we have two controller powers that actively use invisibility and the alternative skill bar, we have two healer powers that can very effectively use the alternative form and skill bar .... and we have an ice tank ... which has a useless alternate form with an alternate skill bar that no one ever uses) If you make basic tank mechanics based on an alternate form, then it's obvious that a controller approach is more appropriate. , where this is a normal power and not a supercharge (however, both options are possible). As an example of such power, you can take the shadows: the shadow form, additional bonuses from the shadow form depending on the role, a couple of powers available only in the shadow form, additional effects for ordinary powers in the shadow form ... ideally two variants of tank assemblies (one for self healing tank, and another for a tank that focuses on defense (can be done through additional powers in shadow form, the use of which neutralizes each other))
  19. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

Death, similar to the Black Lantern Corps.
    • Like x 1
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I think that black and white lanterns have no place as a gambling power, because they are special lanterns from the lantern universe, then I understand those who would like to have them.