Bonus Source Marks Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

BONUS SOURCE MARKS

Get caught up with a week of bonus currency!

This week – from Thursday, January 14, 2021, through Wednesday, January 20, 2021 – all players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game!
    • 50% discount on gear at the Mechanical Supply Officer!
      • This is the universal vendor that automatically offers your character the appropriate gear upgrades for Source Marks, in your HQ.
    • 25% discount on Source Marks in the Marketplace.
    Source Marks are primarily used to unlock vendor gear through Episode 36.
    • Like x 23
  2. Votan New Player

Nice timing. Thank you! :)
  3. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Purrrrrrrrrrfect, Meggs!

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

With most relevant content being open world, how come this can't be included with daily missions?
    • Like x 5
  5. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

sooo u guys want the we get a membership to get the gifts thats right?...can someone may tell me now we at this month we can wait nearly everyday now over an hour mutch longer as ever before ....and btw to tell that stuff u give us was a gift is a joke bcs if that is a gift why we need a membership for getting it ....and if u guys do downtimes here give us a period of time how long we need to wait i remeber the statsitcs u gave us how about a statics for the downtmes we get..i say it now one more time we should be members to get the gift and get it for one char ? are you kidding me???
  6. mrcheap Well-Known Player

PTFreeze Tip: Don't drink and post.

Mepps: Thanks great news.
    • Like x 3
  7. Vyiel New Player

Thank you guys so much! appreciate it
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Uhhhh. There are free gifts and member gifts and they are, indeed, gifts... The total of gifts member get is worth 5-6 months of membership, so it's really worth subbing for it, even if just for 1 month. If you are free/premium, you still get decent things, with the cr skip giving you plenty of nth metal and catalysts. Idk what you are talking about here.

Every downtime but 1 in the past weeks were noticed in advance/in a 30min time window with a pretty accurate ETA and the daily server restarts were 1 hour long at least on US for most of the server's existance.
    • Like x 3
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I think this is an excellent follow-up to the CR Skip; source marks for new toons to purchase catalysts and activate their bases -- seems like the right bonus.

Regarding the member gifts, I would have subbed just for the anti-matter chroma, that thing is beautiful! Also 220k Nth metal is roughly what is needed for 1 artifact to 120, ands 2 artifacts to 80. People complained about the lack of arts on CR Skip toons, and the Devs delivered. I hope people appreciate the value of that. Not just the nth metal, but the fact that the devs are doing better for us, based on feedback.
    • Like x 6
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Happy about this ^-^.
    • Like x 3
  11. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Your post was hard to understand grammatically..but If I understood you correctly, you don' t like your free gifts. If you don't like your free gifts, you're welcome to delete them. You're not required to use them. Many MANY people like them and appreciate them. They're free items that we didn't need to pay extra for. There are bonus gifts for members as well, and those serve as a Thank You for supporting the game. People who pay for memberships and spend money on the game make it possible for people (maybe people like you, for example) to continue enjoying this game at no cost, or little cost.

Also Thanks Mepps for the bonus Sourcemarks! Great timing with the CR Skip!
    • Like x 2
  12. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I am excited about the Nth Metal! (But I'm saving it for a bonus week >:) )
    • Like x 1
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Bonus weeks are always welcome - but of course this doesn't help Skip toons. Stats on Skip toons are too weak to get through instances in the Relevance Window to include Alerts & Raids. If someone really knows what they're doing they might be able to get through the Solos, but the they'd have to totally be carried through the 4's & 8's, and at Tier 10 that's really not possible.

What would actually help? Remove the Relevancy Window for all content for a week so that every toon can get Marks for every instance, no matter how high their CR. In fact you wouldn't even have to double marks - if you got full Source Marks for every instance T1-T10 it adds up to over 800 Marks.
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

They aren't letting us get 800 source. And again, it's a bonus week. Maybe it works out for some, maybe it doesn't. Plenty of skippers will make it happen either with friends carrying them or plain old determination.

Everyone needs to stop asking for more and more for every single bonus. Bunch of orange lanterns in this game
    • Like x 7
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Anyone can do the Legion Alert and Raid at Event level. No one really needs to carry anyone for that. Same with Anniversary event as long as no less experienced toons que in for the Elite version of the new raid. As for Wonderverse and BoP Raids and Alerts yeah some underdeveloped toons might struggle in that but even endgame players should still be queing in for that content because Lex Coins and whatever it's called WV currency will be converted to Source Marks eventually so it's good to stock up. So in this case a lot of more experienced players should be doing their part for the greater community and queing up regularly for Anti-Monitor, Legion, Wonderverse and BoP content and stop being lazy complainers blaming stuff on CR Skips all the time. Be the change you want to see. I know there are a ton of endgame players who refuse to PUG que stuff that would help newer players immensely but instead bash newer players on this forum like the elitists they are.
  16. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Thank You! This will help me finally finish off that old style vendor (the one in the hallway between the meta and tech wing)
    • Like x 1
  17. Latino New Player

The stats on CR skip toons are just fine, No they cant run elite but they can run regular content just fine. I've never had a single issue with a CR skip toon. Heck when I'm bored on my main toon I'll strip off my gear and artifacts and baby tank T7-10 Content as a cr100 for fun. Roles regardless of CR is always going to require some knowledge and skill. The CR Skips takes nothing from a player that they didn't already lack or have. But at most I just wish we could
    A) Earn Episode currency regardless of CR again.. Which would save more source marks for Artifact Catalyst. which can get pretty expensive when running alts. (I also wish we could have the seals of preservation back on the vendor for source marks; that was kind of a greedy move putting them in the marketplace.)B) Earn source marks for doing older bounties regardless of CR.

But none the less there's nothing wrong with the CR skips. You can't make too much fuss over a free gift :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

That cracked me up. :D And laughing is healthy! - "What's Yours is MIIINE!" -

Thank you very much for the Bonus Source Mark Week. The Anniversary continues into a good time for us all.

Greetings
    • Like x 3
  19. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

Firstable im not from england or usa so sry if my english wasnt that good and thx for being that kind of toxic how about u guys post in a diffrend language -.-

first we get a downtime or resettime however it calls everyday for what? i dont see changes at the game i just see that the game is out for and half hour or longer

2. i was one from the first that was active (im allready member btw) but we get the chroma for one char only i didnt get any warning that we just got one so i use her and found out the hardway that my other char who may need some chroma too cant get her thx for that ....and no i didnt say i dont like it im angry bcs we get a 2 or even 3 class system for say the guys here thank you for 10 years bcs i know guys that are here alongtime and dont get a chroma or this artifacts pack bcs they are no members now how about you guys think for one second that we arent all able to pay for memberships in thetime of covid 19 .....anyway thx for be such aholes to an guy who still was care about other guys and not only himself ....and now go on be toxic like you want i dont care anymore
  20. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I respectfully disagree that "it's just not possible". As someone who's used every skip on an alt, I've been able to get through all alerts and raids. Does it take a little longer because I'm not maxed out? You bet! Do I die a few times? Yep. But I've gotten through many, many alerts and raids while pugging on a newly skipped alt.
    • Like x 2