Rip to BoP alert runs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO SmackThem, Jan 12, 2021.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

90% are probably paying subs. Thats why they quit after 1 wipe. They do it even on their mains lol
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Stay out of low content? We are talking about content in relevancy here
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well, stay in low content then? Lol time to catch up on old feats. They shouldn't be in LLL yet maybe? Or event stuff doesn't matter so good time to do mindless bounties till they're all caught up. Or just make lots of friends and stay out of pug life for awhile/ forever. I don't know, Igot nothing
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I suggested a 200 Pack of Source added to the skip a few skips ago (maybe the 210 or 170) to which Mepps responded it sounded like something they'd look into....guess it was looked into and decided against.

I'd assume the problem is that if you gave out 200 source, it could be used for cats...cats DBG would rather sell or have picked up by people using replays to garner source.

Already, if we wanted, it's an ok value to create a free account, spend 5$ to get to premium, open the box from the skip and get whats inside (about $7 worth of cats) to pass to our other account. If you added in 200 Source, it would mean another $10 or so worth of cats, making it that much more attractive to someone wanting to fill up...someone who is not opposed to spending money for cats, meaning they are NOT spending it in the MP.

Rather than source, maybe they could add a 'max generator' token of some sort that, when spent, applied directly to the base 2 rows of the mainframe. So if you are already set, just delete...if you are F2P or Premium without the Lair set...delete, but if you are an alt or new member player (or own the lair pack/gear up bundle), it would get you ready minus the last circle...which you could handle after a day or so of running stuff (35 marks max).
    • Like x 1
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Golden Exobytes are fortifying now, which is a help, but doesn't solve all the Skip shortages (particularly SP shortages). If any new players are paying attention to this thread, try to go through the BOP Solo (LexCorp Tower). That should show you how ineffective you'll be in BOP Alert & Raids. Instead, focus on Tier 1-6 content until you build up your SP, Nth, Augs, get your Base Dispenser Items, etc. Plenty of content there & Feats to get.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I went well over a month without ever using my generator. I still do not have gen mods. I still don't have orbitals or henchmen. I just unlocked white mods on her this morning. I haven't ever been kicked, called names, or been lowest on the dps chart despite only having 80 to 100 ranked arts and I was a 255 skip toon and still under 100sp.

Throwing in 200 source marks... would anyone actually use them on their skips or pocket them for their main? Most would pocket. Just like most pocket the nth and catalysts.

I'm all for skips. Players need to be smarter about them and it just won't happen without some form of instruction. Something as simple as "skip toon dcuo" title so it's easy to find on google. And an actual write up that explains what to do. A link on the skip would be ideal. But again, the skip itself is fine. Buy stuff if you want more stuff. It's on the vendor
  7. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

It's not part of the skip. Everything to do with the mainframe (white mods, orbitals, henchmen, stat mods, teleporter mods, even buying the power cells to power it up etc) are tied to whether or not you have access to the Home Turf DLC, which is not included with the CR skip.

Personally, I think it's about time that the Home Turf DLC and the Utility Belt DLC just become free to everyone as a standard part of the game. You even get given a utility belt as part of the gear when you use a CR skip, but without owning the Utility Belt DLC or paying for a sub, you can't even open it!

I really don't understand why something that has become such an integral part of our gear set is locked behind such a pointless DLC
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

To make sales I'd imagine? We all had to buy ours or buy a membership. This game has f2p aspects. No one said the f2p people will be great assests. If they would like to be/ if they'd like to stick around, then they can sub or pay like everyone else has. Giving out/ asking for free everything isn't the answer because that makes people drop their subscription. So while they could hand out the whole farm, half these people aren't even going to stick around. So they'd annoy their loyal customers by giving away stuff instead of annoying their loyal customers by not giving away stuff. Biz 101 says do the one that doesn't make you lose money/ sales. Hope that you keep 60% happiness level haha
    • Like x 1
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

So is the problem that these people don't know the mechanics of BOP? Or is the problem that they don't have enough skill points? Because clearly they're geared right if they can get into the alert and raid. Mechanics and People not being strong enough to speed through things are very different issues. It sounds like you don't want to spend a lot of time in these things, which is understandable, but if you're in a rush, that's on you, not the devs.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I hate the fact that I've been away for a long time and the first thing I see in this topic is that the conversation is that "hey devs, you're allowing undergeared players into my content!"

When it'd ought to be "Hey Devs, 90 SP is too low for a CR 290; increase the amount of Skill points with the boost".

And it'd also ought to be "Hey devs, the game's 10 years old and there's still no adequate tutorial for new players."

To be clear: I've supported the CR boost only having 90 SP when it was only a CR 100 boost, all the way up to CR 170; however, as time has moved on, so has the community and so has the content.

Nobody's running 7 year old A&B anymore. Nobody's running 7 year old Paradox Wave anymore; but yet people that get their toons boosted are still supposed to complete these old feats? Gimme a break.

I don't mind a bit of back tracking if the content in question is still being ran by the LFG community, but some content clearly isn't being pugged anymore. Especially the hot mess that is tier 7. It's Asinine to me that they are allowing players to have the chance to boost to CR 290; and yet there's still so much Back-Tracking that needs to be completed if a player wishes to perform semi adequately.

And no, stop with this idea that "Did you teach the players bro?" This game is nearly 10 years old, it's overdue for an tutorial update or at the very least a recommendation to the forums guide on Oracle's Database.

If somebody is new to the game, and say they'd qued up for a support role in the latest content(Let's assume tank) ;do you honestly think it's easy as flexing your muscules and just tellling them what the tank role does?

No. It's never that simple. Each Tank powerset has it 's own way of hunkering down and surviving, fire has healing, ice has shields, earth absorbs damage, rage has rage crash, etc.

But the information surrounding on how tanks survive is simply Too Much Information to spill over a quick take over the Microphone, and for things like that; it'd really, really, ought to be a tutorial mode in the game for that; as well as learning the mechanics of the raid.

Players can help and they've tried, sometimes players learn; but it shouldn't be on them in 2021 to continue to compensate for DCUO's shortcomings in teaching players who CR skipped the roles, the loadouts, the mechanics, etc.

To their credit: the devs did update the brainiac tutorial mission, but to be perfectly frank; that brainiac tutorial is hardly indicative of what you'll be facing at end-game or even what kind of full loadout you'd be running at end-game.

Just my 0.02 on this.
    • Like x 1
  11. Synisterstrike Active Player

I will take a skipped character through any open world stuff I can get marks from so I can get my base things(supply, orbital, weapon mods, etc) so I can be relatively helpful.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The gear up was $5 on sale over Xmas and is $10 normally. It's one of the better values for a F2P to buy to get to premium level(along with the teleporter or an armory). It should not be included. Remember, every time something else goes off the income side of the ledger, we are likely to see something to replace it....maybe not directly in a new item, but Stabilizer drop rates can always go down, or vendor prices in game can go up (meaning more replays needed). Sorry, but DBG does have to make some money...that's what they are here for. I'd rather have them make it via a $10 permanent upgrade to all toons on your account rather than 10 opened TCs or 1 Booster Bundle sold.

And his comment was referring to that issue being PART OF the CR skip issue. Not that the source were included. Any new toon using a CR skip will not have the source to equip their generators (unless they buy source...crazy talk). This is true of a member, premium with generator access or F2P. 200 Source will take a week+ to farm unless you are a farming expert...which most new players (and some vets) are not.

And don't think that utility belt in the skip is a mistake. When you go to open it you get the prompt to buy the belt option. I'd guess quite a few people go "Oh...really? Sure...I'll get that, let me pull up PayPal now." It's like if you try to list item 6 on the broker as premium..."oh...I can buy more broker slots? Sure thing, I'll get my CC". It's just good marketing to give you a belt you can't open.
    • Like x 1
  13. Yaiba Committed Player

I tried playing with CR Skip today, healer with 4 power generator mods. I pressed 1 button and my power is gone.... I don't think it's for new player, i just use the free skip to get the nth metals o_O
    • Like x 1
  14. fm0987 Committed Player

How many of these cr skippers actually stick around in the long run? Not a lot I’d guess. I’ve used cr skip on a few toons but I don’t even bother to try and run any real content, but I suppose new players don’t know any better.
  15. fm0987 Committed Player

Yup that’s the main reason I’ve used the free cr skips lol.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Paradox is pretty much run every week (it's very quick marks), but yeah, A&B as well as several other runs are hard to get in on...especially if you want the feats. Now, I'll admit with 3 zones of bounty spam going on, everyone is focused on one bounty or the other, but there are still stragglers out there who'd join if they saw the shout go up.

This is why we need a way to get in with limited people. A&B could be done with 2 people (except 4 corners...you'd need 5 for that feat), and 2 people would be easy to get together if you had at least 1 friend or leaguemate on or could use LFG effectively. Dox is soloable(even with low SP at 290CR) as are many...many other raids unless there are 'gears' to press in unison or mechanics like ToTD Ares fight.

I've actually been running A&B weekly...still missing some Vestments pieces (stupid attuned drops), on a few alt accounts. Before I fill the group with dummies I will often shout in LFG for fillers....I get a taker every once in a while, so I'd guess you could also...getting 7 more is the problem.

I know people who picked up a 255 CR skip last year who are above 350+ SP already. They are missing some of the more grindy feats like PVP/LPVE/CC Bounties/Etc... but there are plenty of easy SP if you could get into the runs, especially the raids. AdjustableQueueSize would RESOLVE that issue.

And yes....a tutorial is grossly needed. That or some limitation in game that prevents people from running roles until X happens. Not sure what X would be, but something. You were DPS to get of the ship....DPS till level 12 or whatever in leveling...didn't have all your powers till level 30 when leveling, so the skips need something to simulate that delay so they can at least learn their powers and see other people doing the things they THINK they want to do. Not sure how many times I've had a troll in a queue up say 'Whats a debuff?" when asked to debuff the boss, but it's enough times already...having more SP at skip WON'T solve that particular issue.
    • Like x 1
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well, that gets better with time/ grind. I would suggest all skippers to only do dps and only run old content or event tier for a few weeks. Then it's just dang easy to do. Like very very easy. Everyone's making it hard on themselves lol.
    I'm having next to no power issues on my skipper and she's celestial. No gen mods/ 23sp in might and power.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Last I checked all content is beatable with recommended Gear and stats which is lower than what players seem to insist is necessary to beat content. So instead of focusing on that, try teaching players how to do the basics needed to beat the content, which is what matters more than SPs or Artifacts.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My counter-argument is that those players are mostly severely under-skilled. The gear given out with the CR skips is sufficient to beat the content they have access to at that CR level. I'm speaking of regular content for progress here. If you were talking about Elite, there would be an argument to be made that they are undergeared for that.

With the gear provided, what they need from others is knowledge of how to navigate the content. All the gear, skill points and augments in the world mean nothing if those players don't know how to avoid one shots or other avoidable attacks.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Actually, you can...if you choose to. Now granted, nobody wants to do that on a daily basis especially if you have to type it all out because people don't have mics and whatnot. But if you do it for one or two groups every other week or so, you can significantly help players improve. You also have the option of directing them to video content that can help them with things beyond the basics.

This statement is only true if the player in question is unskilled at the game.