10th Anniversary, list your favorites!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

So DCUO is celebrating 10 years worth DLC's, Events, Base Items and more.
    Below, I made a list for you to list your favorites and why - just for fun!
    (Excluding styles cause I made a thread separately for styles)
    Sorry that It's long but wanted to get point across, do share yours I love reading other people point of views :)

Favorite Instance (On Duty or open world instance you can teleport into):

For me It's the Wonder Woman Iconic challenge "Aegis of Truth". This solo was the reason I subbed (Didn't know I could buy episodes back then lol) and I started doing content and actually feel and enjoy the game. :) Despite it being Iconic solo and not my own character, It's still fun because Wonder Woman has a unique loadout and epic combos.

Favorite Lair Theme:
    My favorited themed lair has to be the Atlantean one. It makes it feel like my character is royalty. And the additional big room where you can put more big items is super helpful.

Favorite Base Item:
    Has to be Krypto! (Not really, an 'Item' but more a pet) but It was the first dog we could put in our bases and I'm a dog person and I love Krypto so he fits almost in every base of mine. I do dislike how he breaks my base items tho lol

Favorite Episode:
    Amazon Fury III. It didn't win the brackets, but it won my heart. There is nothing not to love about this episode. Even if you are not top tier elite player, you can still run the elite of GOM and Oly and feel accomplished. I love how it ends the story, and the introduction of more Greek gods (Athena!!!!!!!! AHHH) the styles and base items were on top as well, and I think Shim'Tar made It's appearance in the Amazon Time Capsule back then. So fits with the restored style in the anniversary :p

Favorite Seasonal Event:
    Has to be Spring Event for me. I'm a huge fan of Poison Ivy (even though I'm a hero... so I don't get to see her often) but I do have a Poison Ivy alt and my main is nature, so It's always good to add more plants to my base and make it more lively.

Last but not least, favorite Mentor:
    Sorry Wonder Woman, Batman wins! He was my first mentor and even though he takes longer to complete, I love his techy missions. And, Batman always wins :p

And what about you?
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Favorite On duty - Gates. Mainly nostalgia, but this was the first DLC I bought and so this was the first of the 'difficult' raids I was in around the ground floor on. FOS2 was already past and doable(although still tough) when I first got in it, so Gates and Prime had the struggle/success ratio in proper order....and I hated Prime...so Gates it is.

Lair theme - Probably the Brainac base. Also has the big room (why don't they all?), so nice for a different flavor of deco, although I don't do a lot of that myself. If the Volcano or space bases were full size I'd probably have leaned that way.

Base Item - Broker/Mail. Again I don't decorate as much, but I use the hell out of these 2. Teleporter is a close second....best $5 I spent on this game since the initial $5 to go premium.

Episode - AF3 for the win. Complete rip-off it did not advance. Dang lantern lovers!

Seasonal - St. Pattys. Only 2 weeks long and all outdoors. Some of the better base items as well...everyone needs a bar!

Mentor - I started with batman, so he'll always be my closet favorite, but I enjoy Circe's smarmy mentoring more. Bats is kind of downer sometimes when leveling an alt...I don't get tired of Circe on a 2nd, 3rd or 4th run through.
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

That's super true about Batman. Even when he praises you on good work - he's like "Yeah....good....good job or whatever" xD
    I do hope we get updated versions of lairs so we can have the big rooms!
    Yeah Broker & Mail are useful. I just need to get a bank one so I don't have to teleport to watch tower every time xD
    I love Lantern content - but I'm shocked AFIII didn't take it! I voted on both Gazette & my main twitter account too lol

St Patrick is fun, I wonder what items we will get this year! (I think It's the only seasonal I never get tired of doing next to Anniversary and Spring)
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

This is even more difficult than picking styles, uff. :D

Favorite Instance:
    Probably Tunnel of Lust duo :D Me and my close friend had so much fun there back in the old days.
    I really liked Iceberg Lounge solo too.
    Alerts are my least favorite type of content so it's hard to make a pick here.
    Raids.... well... Shattered Gotham is among my favorites. Olympus and Ultimate Soldier too. But perhaps I'll go with Blackest Night as my number one. I think it was the first raid I successfully tanked. :oops:

Favorite Lair Theme:
    Cosmic and Gothic.
    I like small bases when everything's within arm's reach, I wish they added more amenity slots in there.
    Atlantean looks beautiful but I don't own it.

Favorite Base Item:
    Space Dolphin Globe <3 And amenities, I can't imagine living without'em. Snowy, icy and nature base items as well.
    One day I'd love to make a fully decorated home for my main, but I'm too lazy and lacking ideas. :oops:

If we're picking pets, then it's Teekl and Isis, I'm a cat person. Hopefully we'll get big kitties someday. Angel Drones are cute too.

Favorite Episode:
    Amazon Fury 3 means to me a lot as well, though it's been a good while since last time I visited it.
    I started actively playing shortly before its release. In general Fall 2016 (and partially 2017) was very special to me.
    But every episode has something good about it.

Favorite Seasonal Event:
    Halloween. It was my first seasonal and it was the same time I met my friends, and since then it holds so many memories and nostalgia.

Favorite Mentor:
    Batman. Because gloomy nocturnal people with issues are my type, and I like Gotham more Metropolis :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

I agree on so many of those points. So far Amazon Fury 3 is winning in this thread. I started in September 2016(breakout feat says September unlike my forums register date) Btw do you have discord? I definitely feel like we should talk more!
    • Like x 1
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I do, though I prefer text over voice :oops:
    I guess I can just finally check those discord links you have in your signature :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Don't worry, I prefer texting too lol never felt comfortable on mic! xD and yay!
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Zoe's voice on mic?
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

I do mic up on streams :D xD
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Survival Mode: Trigon's Prison. Had sooooooooo many good moments on it, it's not the best content (That probably goes to Throne of the dead) but has a lot of emotional value to me

Favorite Lair Theme:
    Atlantean for sure

Favorite Base Item:
    Soder Vendor, it helped me when I was premium and my base generator cells expired.

Favorite Episode:
    Amazon Fury II. The 3 raids were soooooo good and had so many different mechanics and the alerts were cool as well, plus the dialogues were probably the best we ever had.

Favorite Seasonal Event:
    Winter holidays. Love the theme and the music.

Favorite Mentor:
    Superman, just because he is the easiest :p Batman was my first one and I almost quit because of the mentor missions back there xd
    • Like x 1
  11. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Favorite Instance: Nightclub/Police station duo. The one bright spot in a pretty bad dlc.

Favorite lair theme: Penthouse, I just like the little jingle that plays when you walk in lol.

Favorite base item: Sparring Target. Being able to test builds without having to worry about other people throwing around your targets was great.

Favorite episode: Either Origin Crisis or Battle for Earth. 4 of my top 5 raids in the game.

Favorite seasonal event: Tides of war. The Atlantean Warsuit style was ahead of it's time

Favorite Mentor: Lex Luthor just because rampaging through the watchtower was so much fun
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Family Reunion & Brother in Arms - alerts
    Gates & Prime - raids

I feel like this this was probably the best period in the game, the instances we richer in terms of the story telling and the raids felt more captivating, I can't help but feel modern content is always trying a little too hard, I'd have voted nexus and paradox but unfortunately they also caused community division which detracts imo from the overall feel of their quality.

Favourite Lair theme.

I actually really like the sewer, the water effects in there are probably some of the better ones.

Favorite base item

Bit hard to pick a base item out of the thousands we now have available, but a few of mine are the nightclub lights, fog blankets and the spring event stuff is usually pretty solid.

Favorite seasonal event

Despite liking the spring rewards it's not my favourite seasonal, that probably goes equally to Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's those three I always like running the most.

Favorite mentor

Always liked Batman.
    • Like x 1
  13. Wildcat Committed Player

Favorite part of this event?

After 10 000 years Professor Zoom is finally back :p
  14. L T Devoted Player

This is a great thread.

I thought I was the only one who liked the iconic solos. I really liked all of those, but they got so much hate. My all-time favorite instances, though, are Oan Science Cells and the Gotham Subway Solo (way back when the pengbot was hard and you had to fight him at range).

Favorite Lair Theme:
    Atlantean is great, but I actually really like the volcano lair theme-- if only we could get a larger one!!

Favorite Base Item:
    It does, in fact, have to be Krypto. Have you seen him get wet? Or react to the Superman Memorial?

Favorite Episode:
    Amazon Fury II without a doubt. The 3 Raids (4 counting the elite) were astoundingly well conceived. The Alerts were great, and even the solo was fun when it was first released.

Favorite Seasonal Event:
    Definitely Anniversary for me! Summer gets an honorable mention for the rewards more than for the content.

Last but not least, favorite Mentor:
    I like Superman actually. mostly for the Calculator line in the level 30 mission "Somebody tell Silvanna that his robots suck!".

• Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Dont care about most so cant comment on most BUT heres my fav list anyway (even tho it mostly dont comply lol)

Raid - Paradox wave hands down. Separated the “men from the boys”. That raid was tough on its own and the structure allowed us to make it tougher an tougher. It was a great raid (shout out to Prime and FOS 2 tho).

New tyrant trinket is one of my fav things in the game. Loved that boss an stomping him so much its only fitting he finally caves an joins me lol

That is all of note lol