Fourth artifact slot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Jan 8, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I know I knowwwww but hear me out. (I sure make a lot of posts that make people angry huh??)
    A 4th slot wouldn't be all bad but not as a full 4th slot. Baby slot so to speak. Like you could put grim in it. And grim would do all the things grim does in the usual 3 spots but since he's now in baby slot, he only does what he does. No might or prec buffs. No plus 4% health or whatever.
    We all have old arts that we don't need/ aren't that useful. Plenty of players have asked for a 4th slot. Even the rumor mill is that a 4th slot is coming. But a 4th slot that adds all the extra stats means every old dlc has to be reworked or even 1 dlc old stuff would be a cakewalk. But a baby arti wouldn't....
    Discuss. Hate on me. Whatever, it's friday
    • Like x 2
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

I would agree if they made them account bound, but as of now, 4 artifacts for each role is a lot. Especially since they build content around them
  3. Beat Active Player

In my opinion.
    3 is enough. 3's grindy enough, and you want MORE grind, even if a small amount?
    Hard pass for me.
    • Like x 9
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well, you say they're grindy enough but really they aren't if you're getting them to 120. Think I've done 7 arts to 100/120 this dlc alone on 3 toons and I hate this dlc so I've barely been playing. Level to 100 takes a week. We clearly have different opinions on what is grindy. Bounties: grindy. Doing things we have to do anyway gets us nth. Doubles happen often. May just be an age thing. I hear grindy used a lot. Then I think back to pong and the original super Mario's. The exact same thing for years. Think that gives some of us a different definition of grind.
    But that's not what I'm really talking about. We all have our main 3. We get them to as close to max as possible. Baby slot would be like 80/120 rank one that you're trying out. Or one you shelved for the newest meta or what not. I'm not 100% on board either but the rumor mill has been right before so wouldn't it be better if it was set up like this vs needing/ wanting 4 maxed ones? Cuz this way would make it so if you didn't have a 4th, you aren't at a huge disadvantage.
    My main will have 8 at 200 shortly, with another 4 at 120 to 160. Almost every single player wants me to use eog when I heal. Not a fan. But if it was my 4th one, sure why not. Dps side, I'd just probably also stick eog in. Maybe
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

As I said in another post, as long as we have in-game seals I'm okay with it. Because otherwise it's just more p2w
    • Like x 1
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If you want to do a give-and-trade, if you add a fourth artifact slot then eliminate elite gear and make OP items very rare drops with no feats attached... and then change raid difficulty to somewhere between what's now "normal" and "elite." When you look at older feats that say something like "Complete the Khandaq Raid in under an hour" you probably have to sit there and wonder why, when at level, this was not an easy accomplishment. Same with the FOS raids.
  7. Heywiar Committed Player

I don't think people realize how much the community essentially mandates 200 level artifacts for content. That being said, ANOTHER artifact slot would likely make the game even easier. Artifacts have fundamentally warped the difficulty of this game. Remember during Atlantis when EOG came out? That artifact alone drastically made the game easier.
    I miss the days where we didn't have these game-changing artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Artifacts are one of the best additions to the game, yes, the system isn't the best since seals were removed from trade, but they increased the diversity by a lot and allowed different playstyles to be competitive .

Almost nobody mandates 200 level artifacts, the newest elite raid doesn't require a artifact up to more than level 80, plus many artifacts excel at level 120-160.

I'd like a 4th slot, but indeed it will demand more balancing across the board, so they need to be careful if/when they implement it.
    • Like x 3
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

1, we can all miss whatever but artis aren't going anywhere
    2, yeah sure the game is easy when your whole team has 200 artis. Because the game is set up to have people with 120 to 140 artis. We chose to stack the decks.
    3, yes the fame would get easier but that's why there would be adjustments made. If rumors are true, then all content will need to be made harder yet again. If it was baby arti, then maybe we wouldn't need any adjustments and just tune new dlcs a bit. But at least it wouldn't be a cakewalk for one dlc previous.
    4, plenty of us run elites without all 200 artis. I was using a rank 80ish eog for the newest one while healing.
  10. Heywiar Committed Player

I do agree they've added some good diversity to the game.
    I'm not sure who you're running with but for the past months/years, there has been a very strict "Don't even THINK about joining my elite run if your EOG isn't at least 160 or your Claw isn't 200." Trust me, you go into an elite raid as a healer with 80 EOG, 100 Page, 120 Ray, there is a decent chance you'll hear about it from the group.
    Trolls kinda have it the worst right now with elite content. Most end game/elite leagues (Not LFG) won't run with you if you're not max buffing them unless they absolutely HAVE to. The fact that a large chunk of the community has a metaphorical gun to people's heads makes the horrible process of levelling arts up even worse.
    You're entitled to believe that arts are one of the best additions, but I really believe these are the worst things to be implemented. It really sucks because I love the idea on paper but hate the execution. Believe me, I REALLY want to like them! The community and levelling process just makes it so impossible to do so...I know so many people who have left because of the grind needed after they increased the cap to 200. Let me also say that I wouldn't really be this annoyed with them if the rank was still left at 160.
    To put it simply, they are a major crutch.
    • Like x 2
  11. Vella Well-Known Player

They're so many sets I could run with 4 arts. Scrap/Eye/Purple/ + Demon Fang or Page. Scrap/Eye/Quislet/ +HuD or Amulet. For a non SC build Strat/Trans/HuD/ +Grim or Amulet. So many options.
  12. Luke© Well-Known Player

There isn’t really a need or demand for a fourth artifact. I think you are ignorant of you believe “The game was made to be played at 120-140 Artis. Adding a new artifact would just be a huge money grab, it would also discourage a lot of players to continue as metas change and a fourth artifact on each toon of a high end player would be costly. I can understand your point of view as someone who settles for only 140 artifacts but at the end of the day it’s just a distasteful idea.