Promethium Lockbox Idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liko, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Liko Well-Known Player

So I was opening my lockbox and I was wondering what would really get me excited to open these again and the first thing that popped into my head is what if they added all the content from older time capsules that are out of rotation(Did they even ever rotate time capsules in the first place?). Granted this would bloat the lockbox loot table, but it would give a lot more things to get. It would also encourage non-members to buy lockbox keys.
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Non-members will never buy lockbox keys, its much much cheaper to just go member. They wont do this bc capsules will lose value.
  3. Wildcat Committed Player

lockboxes should be updated with some rare weapon/ gear styles, hard to get marks, seasonal marks, maybe one of 1000000 should have chance to drop an discount or an free legends pvp character ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. C3alix Committed Player

Why not add jackpot reels to them?
  5. Jaelia Committed Player

Great idea but I highly doubt they’d do that especially since they make good money off time capsules old and new.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Two things: There's the second chance vendor for older Time Capsule items that are no longer available. Secondly, for the other time capsules they have Resurgence Events, in which they have one big box that contains the last 9 time capsules, but only costs 7 keys to open. These Resurgence Mega Capsules also come with a bonus box which contains some new cool cosmetic item (Like Auras and Materials).

The idea you presented here would de-value the Time Capsules and the Second Chance vendor, so it will not happen (this is not an endorsement or defense of anything, only an explanation). As for encouraging non-members to by Promethium Lockbox keys.... when they were being updated way back when people hardly ever bought keys....hence the company's adoption of Time Capsules.
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about if they added a random amount of Station Cash. Much like they do with Quarks in the TC.
    • Like x 2
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

My suggestion is add SOMETHING of value/need. ANYTHING, i mean ANYTHING TO MAKE THEM WORTH THE FEW SECONDS TO OPEN.
    Just sayin
    • Like x 3
  9. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

They do you moron. Styles, bots, and a source mark. If anything, the source mark is hugely important.
    • Like x 1
  10. Heywiar Committed Player

Yikes, it didn't take long for people to resort to name calling over mundane topics in a video game.
    He's right, though. They're not really worth opening. I haven't seen anything I actually cared about in months from Promethium boxes. You play the game long enough and you literally get everything. I often times even forget I have them in my inventory because they're not worth it to care. The things in there aren't worth an actual value to make we want to get them anymore.
    • Like x 2
  11. Brit Loyal Player

Really? Because I've got basically no need for Source Marks. It's Episode Specific currency to buy gear, and I've been capped on my artifacts for a while. I've got almost 4K Source Marks, and spent quite a few on the Last Chance vendor converting them to Quarks.

One Source Mark is a trip to the vault. Far from "hugely important".
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

I'd love them to update the lockboxes so it can again be a members benefit. Add more recent (But old) styles to this, and of course new styles (Like they did with Daring Vigilante, Cybernetic, Lethal Zealot and etc)
    • Like x 2
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Wow, Name calling (aginst TOS FYI). lol i remember being in grade school too lmfao.
    Anyway,
    1) Bots not all that useful, saves u a warp occasionally is all. Hardly worth the time to open
    2) styles only good till u have them all (give it a few months). Those playin years have them an have had them so they r now useless for most.
    3) 1 measly source mark is “hugely important”? Well, i guess theres a player out there desperate for just 1 more but to the majority, theres no way that counts as a good reward lol.
    I stand by my comment, they need to add SOMETHING OR ANYTHING of value r significance.
    • Like x 1
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

It would more or less serve the purpose to have quarks as a selection from lockboxes wouldn't it? I think that keeps the table small, always gives you something of value to pick from and lets you ultimately use it to select the item you want.

The real question is how much would you add to make it worthwhile, I'd think at least 10 as a base with a rare chance at more would be fair.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They will never put TC items in the rotation, at least at any noticeable rate to make any kind of difference...what, 1 in 1000 opens to show a old TC collection? Then 1 in 10,000 of those is 'the' collection piece you need of the 12?

Better option to look for quarks...maybe a 10 pack...with about the same frequency as a vault ticket, which I see every maybe 10-15 lockboxes? So something to choose besides the plethora of bots and omegas we already have, but nothing to valuable as to upset the apple cart. I'd say you could also make that a stabilizer fragment 4 pack or single SOP instead, but if the goal was 'TC' oriented, 10-20 quarks would make a slight difference in their inherent value. 6-10 of these lucky openings would be enough to net you a low level emblem or single TC gear piece from the Booster Gold vendor, again...nothing crazy valuable...but something to build to over a few months of sub and opening lockboxes.