Mepps Please Don't

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dead Reckon, Dec 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

• Like x 14
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

Also, I want to add that 2 weeks ago it was kinda implied that Legion currency bonus was coming on this week.
    I have been waiting for this since that day and it would be a bummer if they cancel it.
    People complain because they want to be with their families, but what about the people that can't or don't have a family?
    • Like x 9
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'm all for the Bonus Solar Credits part of the week. I'm glad we have bonus weeks don't get me wrong.

But the expectation* that players should be running bounties over the bonus week to make the most of it at Christmas when many have had an awful year is questionable to say the least. (expectation since not every server is as active as US server and players simply may not be able to run bounties as they wish on other servers later in the bonus week)

Of course it is down to the players to make the choice to take that opportunity should they wish to (if circumstances allow for it, in which case consider yourself a very, very lucky/fortunate person).
    • Like x 1
  4. MrPlumberman Active Player

You know what, I actually think he should cancel it. Show these whiny crybabies that the world doesn't revolve around them. Bonus weeks are not mandatory, they are a gift.

If it stays then thank you dev team and I wish you happy holidays. If they decide to cancel it then so be it.
    • Like x 8
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I say Let the Crybabies Cry...
    I'll be here Grinding out the Last Marks for my Gear.

Also Did Anyone Else (read between the lines) that Mepps Basically said
    "Don't Make Me Pull This Game Over" moment.
    • Like x 5
  6. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

I never said to outright cancel it, just wait until after a time when most people will be on. Also bonus weeks like this is a time when people would be more inclined to spend more money on reply coins and people will also be more than likely broke since people spend a ton of money on gifts for family and friends. More money would be spilled into this game when people aren't broke from bills and gifts.

That's all.
    • Like x 2
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I honestly couldn't believe that thread. it would serve us right if they did pull the plug on it.
    • Like x 4
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Perspective is really important here.

Not sure how you are tying my 'mental health' into bounty farm. It is more about server population and how many will be running bounties come early-middle next week on less populated servers.

As I said in the previous post, I don't agree with the bonus week being this week of all weeks, but its ultimately down to the choice of the player. In this case, I support bonus weeks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I've been taking a soft break from the game (triggered by internet woes, not in-game problems) and am delighted with this bonus week, just as I've been delighted with all of them - even the ones that were clearly not for me. I do hope I'll be able to play again this week.

I'm almost in agreement that they should stop doing bonus weeks. Too many people are getting too entitled about them. These are BONUS weeks, given as a gift due to the pandemic.

If you don't like the gift, say "thank you" and don't participate. Don't throw a temper tantrum because it isn't what you want.
    • Like x 5
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

eh if they cancel it they cancel it, kinda how i feel about bonus weeks in general (tho i would miss the 5x stab weeks, those were awesome)
    • Like x 3
  11. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

And if they move it to a week that I'm unable to play is that fair for me?
    • Like x 4
  12. Eve YouTuber

It's a gift. They didn't have to make these week-long and they sure don't have to put it up whenever people feel is right to some people. This is selfish and entitled. Not all of DCUO's players are celebrating Christmas even. Not everyone is going to be busy this upcoming week.

We can never have nice things because of so many complaints on things like that.
    • Like x 12
  13. August Moon Well-Known Player

world doesnt revolve around you. there will clearly be other days of the year this type of bonus falls under . if you don't get it this week you can wait for the next. its not the end of the world . let whomever can catch this catch it.
    • Like x 5
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

You brought up "when many had an awful year" as a reason why the bonus week is bad timing. The only inference I can make is that the bonus week will exacerbate the "awful year," meaning it will upset or bum people out. Unless you meant something else.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I feel like people infer and insinuate other people's posts a lot on here, that miscommunication doesn't help anything.

So, let me clarify.

Christmas for many players will be a different thing this year. It also falls at a peak point of the week in terms of players logging in post-weekly reset into DCUO.

Many players will probably spend Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/Boxing Day with their loved ones. For some it might be their last Christmas with certain loved ones. Or it might be an overall more poignant thing altogether from events in the past year. Maybe those players might log early next week to try to make the most of the bonus week then - if the server is populated enough then to run certain group content, like bounties.

Do I agree that the bonus week for Legion should have been this week, aligning with Christmas itself? No. Do I acknowledge that despite what I said above, that this bonus week is meant as a gift to the DCUO Community? Yes. Do I agree that this bonus week should go ahead as timed? Absolutely, its down to the choice of the player to make the most of the bonus week in the form of which it was announced.

In reference to the title of the OP's thread, no Mepps, please don't change/remove the bonus week.

I genuinely wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, however you wish to celebrate, and whatever you are doing on the day. If you choose to spend some of Christmas Eve/Day running Legion content with your friends, running bounties or other group content, and that makes you happy along with the bonus marks, then awesome stuff :)
    • Like x 2
  16. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Instead of week long bonus week , if we complain of something that is bonus,
    Dcuo could go back to weekend bonus, less days as bonus.
    • Like x 3
  17. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

And you think this will be my first week missing a bonus week(end)?
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

Dear Mepps,

I hope you will reconsider cancelling the bonus weeks. I think a lot of people treat this game as it's their life and sometimes they should just unplug or take it way to seriously.

I have personally enjoyed the bonus weeks mind you I have not played all but I think a lot of them help returning players people at home from work, or people trying to go back and do the counter feats.

I told my league mates about the double bonus week some had been looking forward to it.

While a lot of people seem to be upset by it or annoyed we all should take a step back and realize in the end it is a game no one forces anyone to be here, there will be other bonus weeks, the DLC isn't going away.

FFS people it's Christmas, show your Christmas spirit. Steps down from the podium.. thank you

Happy Holidays Everyone :D
    • Like x 7
  19. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

So because I want to see things more convenient for others, not for just me, that I think the world revolves around me. Wow.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Charon said we couldn't cancel it. Bah humbug.
    • Like x 25
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.