Was there a change to the light trail travel auras?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magnificent, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

A leaguemate and I noticed last night someone with one of the light trail travel auras leaving a trail that seemed to to not only be longer but last longer once the player moved a certain amount of distance (ie: it wouldn't just create a cluster of light trail in a tight circle if they were spinning in place, it only happened if they were moving at high speed in long stretches).

Has something changed recently or has it always been this way and it's just that people use them so rarely that we had just never noticed it before? If it's the latter, strange but okay. If it's the former... DON'T CHANGE IT!!!
    • Like x 3
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I notice this recently, thought it was cuz I was lagging, good to know I’m not the only one seeing this lol
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I noticed it weeks ago but I've only seen it in 31st Century New Earth. As soon as you move close to it, it disappears. Still waiting for them to fix the bug with super-speed's light trail.
    • Like x 1
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

Interesting you mention that because doing 31st bounties is where we noticed it as well and noticed it only at a distance.

New tech they are testing only in that zone?

hmmmmmmm.gif
  5. Critical Massacre Committed Player

First time I saw this red beam I thought omega beams finally got dropped somewhere. I eventually noticed it was from a character movement. I thought it was something new in the marketplace, then I looked and saw nothing new. Guess it was just an update. I like it.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's probably just server lag. I highly doubt they would adjust the visuals for one movement style for one specific location while the style itself has been bugged for super-speed since BOP. Come on.
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

No, it's not just there. I saw it in Metropolis while doing the Holiday Seasonal stuff. I was flying toward the back of the Midtown PD and saw the trail and quickly followed the character...which disappeared! Probably cued into content.

Conspiracy theory: Its Johnny Quick running reconnaissance before the Anniversary Event.
    • Like x 1
  8. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

I thought it was just me, good to know I'm not going crazy. I figured it was just lag on my part or something on my end.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The superspeed bug was fixed, which is exactly when this new bug showed up. It's not just happening with the Lighstream movement styles, it's happening with the ring trails from Light and Rage players too. I'm assuming whatever they did to fix the superspeed bug led to this new thing. I've seen it in Hall of Doom also, so I'd guess it's happening everywhere.
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's fixed internally, it's not fixed on live. The trails are still missing for Lightstream and Rainbow.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/rainbow-movement-trail-bug.309292/page-3
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They started working again for me about a week ago. :shrug:

Well, I haven't checked the Rainbow one, but the Yellow and Blue Lightstreams are both fully working on my Electricity alt who is Superspeed. The regular trail when in default Superspeed style was also missing the...I don't know how to describe it, but the colours that trail behind you that are based on your first two colour slots, they were missing for ages and are now back working again.
  12. inferno Loyal Player

This is how the Mouse invades. First, you send in Tron.
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

Getting warmer.
    • Like x 6
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Your .sig:
    This is remarkably poor reasoning.

Mepps wrote:
    That's a general statement. Claiming that writing "we plan [bonus weeks] pretty carefully" somehow contradicts the previous statement is entirely unwarranted.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...onth-following-the-other.309061/#post-4319775
    • Like x 3
  15. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Hmmm...possible something new to do during the Anniversary Event. Find Johnny Quick like we have to find Larfleeze maybe.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, it's almost as if people might respond to what you post. Weird!
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I then saw today that someone's Lantern henchmen all had the trail. Could it be Lantern related?
    • Like x 1
  19. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

What the **** is a light trail aura
  20. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Lightstream movement styles modify your movement appearance to have a glowing aura trail following behind you. It looks excellent on characters like The Lanterns, The Ray, Dr. Light, Nova, Silver Surfer etc.

They have been broken for months and months now. Recently Mepps posted an update that said that the fix was on the internal servers but had yet to be made Live.
    • Like x 1