Fixed Ice glitch

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by DeitySupreme, May 16, 2020.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I know this has been a thing for a while. However since the other “infinite cooldown” glitch was fixed I thought I’d share more light on this one. If you input a command to soon while casting frost blast than you keep the animation going but don’t get the damage at all. This is a bit frustrating since you won’t know until it happens. And if you are in mid battle you have multiple ticks happening so you can’t tell if you got it off or not u til after the fight and you see how much damage you missed out on.

And other the fire version of this (fireburst) does not have this issue. Below is video of it happened. I did a weapon tap prior to starting frost blast to provide an indicator of how little of a difference (0.1 second) if input will change the glitch.

• Like x 17
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Can confirm, been like this for a long time now! Need ice guys to like this original post!
    • Like x 2
  3. Perdition Committed Player

• Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  5. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Just run new raid and at least 5 times frost blast did completely no damage to adds. No interruption, animation plays through fine it simply doesn't hit. Ice has enough problems after revamp and is probably the weakest power so please do us a favour and let us have the one hitting power we have working please.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sprangs New Player

I agree this happens with ice frost blast and with fire mass detonation.

Now with heat vision getting corrected, it would be great if this could be fixed quickly because it would help ice and fire be more inline damage wise with other powers. I had been using heat vision to stay competitive not because I wanted to use heat vision instead of Frost blast or Mass Detonation.
  7. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy, I've just submitted a fix for this issue but sadly it will not make it for Episode 39 launch. Although technically possible for this issue to still occur I've greatly reduced the probability of it occurring.
    • Like x 2
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That's great to hear :) if you were still on the topic of Ice. Ice Boulder Throw still has issues when the ice boulder hit's a NPC

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/for-dev-batuba.303193/#post-4249911

it doesn't happen to robot sidekick or some of the boss npc's but still happens regularly enough. On the Grail fight in FGSE the Fatherbox will block the ice boulder damage and will hit like it does as an example in my time stamp.
    • Like x 2
  9. Perdition Committed Player

That's good to hear, thank you!
  10. WreckingBall New Player

Ice Boulder throw has the same issue in COU elite once the room is covered with tentacles you are unable to hit trigon.
  11. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I have just left a message on another thread as it was regarding ice boulder strike doing no damage in the Mordru fight. I am assuming its the same problem as the sea beast in throne. Ice is crippled cos of the bugs to so many powers. I am stuck using Iconics to compensate and really don't want to. Again and again we have raised bug reports but nothing gets resolved and as you truly 'stuffed' Ice at the revamp, you could at least give us a fighting chance with powers we can use. Frost Blast needs its animation shorting to make it viable. Ice Boulder does 0 damage in a live environment with adds, making it useless, when it could be such a good power. Avalanche is selective as to which targets will actually register damage, such has the turrets in the training section of the new alert, avalanche wont touch them. It cant even break the presents in the vault! Please sort something out as this has been going on for years.
  12. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

One thing I completely forgot is the issue that you cannot jump, or any other way, cancel Avalanche. As nearly all new content mechanics require you to block this makes it useless in boss or bounty fights. Please could we jump cancel this as its another power out of use.
  13. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Since we’re on the topic of ice perhaps there is one more bug that could be addressed? I’ve noticed as an ice tank for certain open world bosses such as Murk and the other bounties or even in the instances that I will still take damage through a fresh shield and die. The shields did not mitigate incoming damage. Is there anything in the works to fix that? To give you an example I would be tanking the hydra and right out of the blue I’ll take a 200,000+ hit and die while inside a fresh shield. I’ve even had that happen a couple times when I fight calculator. I don’t have that issue when I fight a meta human however
    • Like x 1
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Hey, thank you for acknowledging this. However, do you have any updates?
  15. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Just checking in to see if there’s been an update