Tanks and dps

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darry3275, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Well when I said split with might I meant in my augments. My sp all go to dom and health. The main reason I use might augments is so I don’t run out of power because without that, atomic is screwed. So far it’s never been an issue. I can hang with any boss in normal. I rarely do elites, I imagine there’s a lot I’d have to do different if I ran those.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

Dom doesn't affect aggro; it determines the effectiveness of heals, shields, and - if higher than an instance's suggested dominance - whether or not you can cc enemies.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

All good.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If we ever get a movement style power balance (which is desperately needed), we might see this happening less often. All these scoreboarding DPS’s are all superspeed which compounds the issue. In the meantime, they better wait for my skytanking a** or they’ll get clapped w/ a quickness.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My tank is flight and I don’t run EoG as it would be pointless with Mass Density’s 60s cooldown. But I have little to no trouble solo tanking COUe. If people can’t be a little patient with my movement mode being slower-than-molasses while technically (but not actually) “in combat” than they are welcome to spend 30 min in LFG looking for another competent tank who can solo tank COUe.

Shiiiii... They’re lucky enough I don’t charge like other tanks do, ya dig...
    • Like x 1
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You’d actually get more power speccing more in to might/power and going all dom augs. I figured this out when messing with my battletank LO.

I’ve never had an issue with power atomic tanking and speccing nothing in to might/power and going all dom augs in raids with even the worst of power healing trolls unless the troll is out for a good amount of time. Now, with the return of elite alerts and it not having the roleless power restore buff, I’ve had to move 40sp over to might/power and drink Energy Soders and it can still be a bit of a struggle! But still doable.
  7. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I agree dom does not effect aggro in normal attacks, but it does in special attacks like taunts or pulls. If it didn’t no enemy would ever bother certain tanks like ice. Aggro is essentially the “effect” of a taunt, so with that “effect” dom is important.
  8. Black Prime2 New Player

I'd never pay a tank 1, and there are other SC you could use to help the dps with EoG. That's a choice, and probably why your running in LFG groups.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

That last part doesn't even make sense, why would they be in PUG runs lacking an EOG if it's as important as you make out? Are you suggesting they're in PUG runs because their league has cast them aside to pug cause they're not running EOG... the pugs are more likely to kick him than league...

Im not sure you thought that subtle insult through fully lol

Notwithstanding, although the EOG can be useful in certain circumstances some other tank artifacts are equally useful if not moreso, so to suggest a tank carry EOG to simply buff the DPS possibly says more about the DPS needing a bit of a crutch to put out numbers than it does about the tank. :D lol
    • Like x 2
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's exactly what a rather good and long-time troll I know says about "buff trolls" too... he DESPISES the Claw artifact and thinks it was one of the biggest mistakes introduced into this game, and I do at least somewhat agree with him... that if you need a buff troll in order to have enough burn to finish something, maybe your DPS types need to go back and work on their loadouts first.
    • Like x 3
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

The lack of reading comprehension in this thread has been astounding.

You're clearly talking about DPS in Wonderverse raids running ahead of the tank even on groups of trash mobs, dying, then complaining that the tank didn't do their job.

How anyone can't get that is beyond me, but then again this is a thread talking about people who can't comprehend a simple concept like "let the tank grab aggro BEFORE you pew-pew so you don't die" sooo... :rolleyes:

If I'm tanking and we have a DPS that's pulling that sort of stuff I'll tell them that I'll let them die if they want to keep charging ahead of me and if they don't like it they can boot me, play with the group, or leave. And yes, I've followed through on letting them run ahead and attempt to DPS groups and die while I stood still and watched.:D
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Prime2 New Player

Well, I was responding to someone else, and nice way of twisting around what I said. I never said EoG is important, but it has become the norm. At least in grouos I run with, and use it myself if I tank. Trolls should be buffing dps also, it's a part of the game. Its not that dps need it, lol. Not sure if you've played other RPG or not. Buffing dps is a norm in most other games. Artifacts are how we do it in DCUO. Not sure why you think or talk down about it. I mean, this DLC has a speed feat attached to it. You gonna get that from just normal dpsing? Prob not for a few DLC.

Sorry, but I'll stand by what I said originally. Find a way to use EoG in hallways. This benefits dps, healers, and trollers. Things die faster. Healers and trollers can have full SC from bouncing off each others greens.

Tanks don't really need all three arts in hallways, but hey. Play how ya want.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I don't disagree the artifact is useful in cicumstances, just pointing out really that it's circumstantial other artifacts in other circumstances are moreso :)
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is all in your opinion of course. This game is easy as patty cake with a 3 year old. Buffs are great but definitely not needed. There is already sweet frick all to do in this game at endgame. Not sure why everyone is in such a rush to speed through the only raid we get. To sit in the watchtower and argue about politics in TC?
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Don't forget, you need to flex all the gear you got in the first 2 weeks and it takes at least 3 months to be able to do that flexing effectively, if you're not full eite in 3 days you're a nobody dude :p
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Who runs in LFG groups??? You won’t catch me in those struggle runs. Also, I have no interest in helping scoreboarders, particularly those dumb enough to melee in elite which is what you’d have to do to take advantage of a tank running EoG.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

(Channeling my inner Iverson)

Hallway adds??? We’re sitting here talking about hallway adds, Hallway adds?!? Not a boss fight, not anything that drops loot or is remotely difficult but...Hallway adds?!? HALLWAY ADDS?!?!?!
    • Like x 1
  18. Fwames Well-Known Player

Imagine getting kicked by that guy because you didn't activate your EoG in the hallways.

"Sorry but we have to kick you"
    "Why?
    " You didn't spam EoG in the hallways, that's the meta now"
    "DFQ!?"
    • Like x 2
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

Dominance doesn't affect your taunt. If you're in tank role you could have zero dom and still hold aggro.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

LOL. Most likely saving me time and frustration. I’ll take that kick any day
    • Like x 1