Suggestion: Put chromas on the marketplace instead of Booster Bundles or Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pinky, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Pinky Well-Known Player

Just a small suggestion to the devs:

Put chromas on the marketplace instead of Time Capsules or Booster Bundles

Nobody likes spending large amounts on a lootbox only to get disappointed.

This will foster player goodwill instead of player backlash.

Goodwill and trust are more valuable than money and are valuable in keeping and retaining a larger playerbase.
    • Like x 6
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Speak for yourself. I like to get ****** over by Rng. :rolleyes:
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Put everything on the marketplace. Time Capsules have become bloated and drop chances make completion impossible without ridiculous amounts of money being spent.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Not happening, If the Time Capsules and Booster Bundles didn't sell then you wouldn't see them in the MP. Simply just stop buying them
    • Like x 4
  5. Goetosyrus Well-Known Player

I'd love to see it but given that a booster bundle where I'm at works out to roughly 10$ for that little chance at anything they'd likely have to charge a ridiculous sum to offset the loss of overall sales
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It would cost around $30 and people will complain about the price point as usual.
    • Like x 3
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

When they put items on the Marketplace.... people complain about the price.

But people seems to buy tons of Booster Bundles or Time Capsules since they keep on selling those.
    • Like x 3
  8. Goetosyrus Well-Known Player

I get it from a business perspective. Personally I'd spend 30$ to get exactly what I wanted, I won't spend 30$ on Booster Bundles. That's just me
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A majority don't see it that way but I would love to see new options on the MP.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Dimensional Ink and EG7 like that
    • Like x 2
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Eso marketplace is so nice, why cant we have nice things
    • Like x 1
  12. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I was going to bring that up they put niceeee stuff in there on the regular and constantly .
  13. Pinky Well-Known Player

People will still buy at that price point. How do we know they won't until they try?

I know in the past the devs put up the Bronze/Silver/Gold material pack on the MP as a test and maybe it wasn't so well received.

Maybe put up chromas on the MP, but make them redeemable PER CHARACTER and not per account.
    Maybe this could result in more sales?

Look at Star Citizen. They put up virtual jpegs of ships at all kinds of price points from $5 to $27000 and they still sell.

Maybe DCUO can take a leaf out of that.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I've brought this idea up before and people hated it. But since it's 2020 what the hell do I have to lose bringing it up again...

Every time someone with a Membership does a cued up piece of content (Vault - Raids, PvP, Legends) you're not loot locked out of you get Tokens of Trying. These Tokens are then used to buy the auras, chromas, etc..

+ Makes Membership much more desirable.
    + Gets people playing older content even if they're out of relevancy. Even the older solo/duos.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

This suggestion has no chance.

You have to appreciate the psychology of these Booster Bundles. And I’m not just referring to the compulsive overspending that takes place while people pursue the rares.

There is status attached to owning and equipping BB rares. The older and more attractive, the greater the status. Players refer to this stuff as ‘OG’. I’m not a rapper, so I don’t use this term. But it wouldn’t have the status if it was on the marketplace.

The status hierarchy seems to be something like this:
    A - Plasmic aura, nimbus aura, smoke aura
    B - Cosmic material
    C - Solar aura; liquid material
    D - Radiant aura, hacker material
    E - Metallic chroma reward box, the killer frost cold shoulder
    F - Futuristic drone accessory, because it is horrible

Currently the E and F items don’t have much status attached, but give it a couple more years and they will.
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think it'd be a better comparison to use the Batman cowl pack instead of the material pack as something of a Marketplace test from the devs. It was their first solid offering after folks started asking for stuff they wanted on the Marketplace, and there was a LOT of balking at the asking price, even though it was two versions AND something that could be redeemed account-wide. Considering some of the backlash that came from that attempt it's not too surprising that they haven't repeated that approach.
  17. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

They may put some but they make way more money putting it in a loot box plus most people actually only want it because it's rare - doesn't really matter what it is
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club