Maybe it's been like this??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AquiloFury, Dec 8, 2020.

1. AquiloFury Committed Player

I just fought Saturn Girl and got a crystal. It looks like you can buy the from the vendor. I never noticed it before.
    • Like x 2
  2. IzzyLizzard dcuo Level 30

I can confirm this. Crystal shards now say x32 solar credits but it’s not sold on the vendor
    • Like x 2
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*yet
    • Like x 3
  4. AquiloFury Committed Player

I guess they heard the community and are going to change it. I know there's been a lot of issues with the drop rate. I have maybe 5? Hopefully it's not a bug lol.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I'm good with being able to buy them, why are they solar credits vs Time beacons or a mix of the 2? As they were drops in the OW bounty bosses (however sparingly) it would make sense that they would be bought with the OW currency. Maybe up the price to about 50, so that ideally it would = 1 crystal per rotation. Granted this adds to the already massive amount of rotations we need, but it allows alts to farm the crystals in OW, which we were doing already. 32 solar is a few days worth of grinding dailies...meaning we are back to about a 2 crystal per week (including the weeklies/raid) 'drop' which is even worse than it is now.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Well, I think this just confirms what the next bonus week is. lol

Anyone get their eyes of the Ionized Gas and if it can be bought too?
    • Like x 1
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

32 solar cred for 1 crystal. With the amount you need? Oof
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, but at least it's helpful for players who have REALLY bad luck.
    • Like x 2
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. The change doesn’t mean much if Ionized Gas is still so rare. You can’t even use the crystals until you break through to the next tier.
    • Like x 2
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Idk man. 32 creds just seems to add salt to the wound. It should be time beacon currency.
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

That would be me. I usually don't bother with the elite gear since I never get the full set and I usually get the other late style additions on alts, so I usually have some vendor currency left over on my main. That said a 2x or 3x weekend will go a long way to taking away the sting of that price.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

32 sounds fair. Plus it's currency from gameplay that isn't just grinding bosses.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Despite the fact this is 'somewhat' helpful, if it actually happens, I'm not prepared to wear such rose tinted goggles.

The reality is the devs made the drop rates on this stuff obscene, then they changed it a few weeks in with no discernible difference other than to make ionized gas demonsrably worse than any OP catalyst, even Skylands weren't this rare.

Now instead of just increasing the drop rate they're going to sell these things to us not even worth Time Beacons but with Primary DLC currency that's better spent on other things like core progression.

I get the OP item is a chase item and I like the way the mask can be used as it's built, but the way the materials for this one have been handled has been pretty poor, with yet again another moving goal post.

They should've just increased the drop rate instead doing this

Hopefully the next OP item is handled better.
    • Like x 2
  14. Imaginos Dedicated Player

you WILL run the dailies and the weekly, and you will like it!
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Though, I agree that they exceedingly changed the OP item yet again, I don't think it's as bad as you are making it out to be.

It definitely is good that we do have an option to purchase them with currency that, in the long run, actually helps with getting it when the DLC is no longer relevant AND bounties are no longer ran. With this addition, we now have a means to up our OP item without farming the bounties. The only thing left is the vendor catalyst, that still costs bacon.

I get it. I'm as frustrated as you are when it comes to these goal post changes (you should see what our governor is doing with the lockdown), but I think it might also be a time to step back and just let it happen before you rile yourself up too much. Trust me, I've been there.

I do think the catalysts should be easier to drop though.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Oh don't worry I'm not really riled up Haha, just verbalizing discontent :)

Don't worry the toys are still firmly in my cot.

I said what I said because although this might get seen as an acceptable "patch up" this time I don't want the devs to think it's ok to put the next OP items food on the main mark vendor just because they did this.

I think that's a terrible idea.
    • Like x 2
  17. AquiloFury Committed Player

Part of me wonders if they made it solar creds because it's intended to be something you take care of after you level up (elite or regular). I mean I get that the whole idea is to be able to level it as you go though. Not really sure how I feel about it. I mean, I guess it's a matter of priorities.
  18. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Pushing replay badges on this dlc content that has soured some/many players. Add the legion flight ring to this in becoming a tradable/sellable item.

Broke and miserly drop rates on quint shards, ionized gas, faraday cages etc... put the quint shards on the vendor, or considering it based on its 32 solar credit descrip cost.

Cant fix the drop rate, just add'em to the vendor and blow the horn to call 'dem whales.