Legendary Member perk addition

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Dec 7, 2020.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So lots of talk about issues that come with a new dlc launch lately and there's always the "member benefits" posts popping up. So I was thinking why not give legendary members a week or 2 early release dlc type of setup? Lots of games do this, would be a nice perk and could be used as a larger than test server test/ hopefully find ps/xbox/switch issues that test server can't find before being fully released and overloaded by the full population.
    Thoughts? Other than "it's not fair to f2p/premium" because that argument can easily be reversed. Basically new dlc comes out, members get it for a week. Devs pull it down for a week, fix what is discovered, and goes full release the next week. Not sure on the whole licensing thing with consoles but maybe doable and maybe cuts down on day 1 issues? Maybe 2 weeks up and a week down to make sure all is smooth?
    • Like x 4
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We used to get this as an unofficial member perk. They were very clear to say that it was not an official member perk and it would not happen with every DLC, but we did get it for a good few of them. Not sure why they stopped actually. It might have stopped when we moved to monthly episodes and then they never picked it back up again when we switched back to larger episodes, but I don't know for sure.
    • Like x 4
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

give legendary members a week or 2 early release dlc type of setup

Yeah... I remember when this was a thing.

Good times.
    • Like x 3
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Cool, at least I'm not crazy. Thought I remembered it being a thing but old age makes for a fuzzy memory
    • Like x 1
  5. darry3275 Well-Known Player

For a perk a free couple of free seals of completion and a perfected nth metal would be great. On a personal note, can you add a cutscene where our toons reprimand all the iconics for being so lazy? I sit back during the Doomsday raid waiting for Superman to finish, but noooooooo, we have to do stuff. :mad:
    • Like x 3
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I think the main reason(s) the membership "preview" disappeared (and lets be clear this is just an UNOFFICIAL opinion) is a two parter. Jafin got the first part absolutely.. When they switched and we had new content showing up every 4-5 week it got really hard to try and hand anyone a preview while everyone else waited. Part two involves cut backs.... Remember way back when we got that "perk" we had a much larger DEV team so thing got done quicker. With a lot smaller team working to churn out content these days my guess would be considering it takes a lot longer to churn out a DLC delaying its arrival means an even longer wait for many to see anything new to do.
    • Like x 4
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I have a really crazy idea for a subscriber Legendary Perk.

Up until Birds of Prey, there were these completion boxes that gave subscribers an extra box to unlock at the end of a run, which contained either the enhanced style, or a bonus mark, or a base item.

In Wonderverse and Legion, when a Legendary member completes a run, they do not get that box. Instead, the enhanced style has to be purchased from a vendor, and that benefit was taken away from members.

I recommend, crazy idea here, we go back to having those boxes so that the Legendary players get their reward again.
    • Like x 3
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

My idea is subscribers gain 25% Nth Metal experience.

I'm okay with everyone getting dlcs at the same time.
  9. CandySlinger Active Player

Those weren't legendary only loot boxes, they also opened for premium members who had bought that specific dlc episode. And since those enhanced styles cannot be bought by event players, they remain solely accessible to subscribers and premium purchasers just with a different gate needed to go through to access the rewards.
    • Like x 1
  10. Monkeyboy Committed Player

While all these ideas are valid, you have to look at why we don't have them already. $$$$! An idea has to not approach that territory. 10% movement speed, renown, or stats would be more feasible.
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

Early release was a bit of a mixed bag, because there was a lower population queues didn't drop as quickly. At least that's the way I remember it but it was a few years back.

I'm all for more legendary perks though.
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Too much to thumbs up in this thread.
    I will toss in legendary members could an maybe should get a 5-10% buff to their powers (for whichever role they are in/for).
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm not big on the ideas people are suggesting about buffing stats for members. Many people already have the opinion that the game is pay to win. Giving a direct buff to stats only for subscribers will just compound their arguments. I'm all for ideas like extra 25% Nth Metal or a 25% bonus when you put Nth Metal into Artifacts or Exobytes into Augments. That way the bonus you're getting is just helping you get those things done a little bit quicker rather than being a direct modifier to your stats.
    • Like x 3
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

They tried this once before and by time everyone had access nobody was playing it still so they removed it as a perk to prevent the DLC being a ghost town when its available for everyone else
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

To add to this maybe a catalyst price reduction too would be nice
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but don't forget, when we had the 'preview' I think it was pre-event components (real DLC or nothing). So the only difference in the queues would be from people who were premium but were going to buy the DLC. Non owners or lower level players wouldn't have been queueing anyway.

Now...OW content? Yeah, big difference there. I'd guess if we had a preview week now, and only 310+ and members were allowed to do the bounties/OW missions it would look a LOT different out there.
    • Like x 2
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, that's pretty much what I would want it to be. A higher population than test gets but not a ridiculous spam fest so we can "pressure test" so to speak. Plus more eyes on everything else before it hits the full community and turns into a rage fest/ angry post explosion. We all know there's far more ps players than pc so I'd think on test server that they'll never hit population glitches like we see all the time on live. Plus again, all the extra eyes running thru the raids.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We did this for years, but ultimately we think it is better for everyone to start playing at the same time and together vs. splitting up the population for a membership push.
    • Like x 5
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

Looking at the numbers released from the Daybreak purchase, the membership aspect isn't doing too bad. There's always room for improvement though.

I too miss the early-bird special from being a member but would forego that for having a 10%-20% better chance at rare drops (Canary Cry Resonance, Monitor Energy, Ionized Gas, etc) and the 25% bonus to Nth Metal drops and exp mentioned in previous posts as new perks to membership. Those are bonuses that cost DI nothing to give but would encourage more players to sign up for membership.

If that doesn't work, maybe boost the SC up from 500/month to 1k/month as well.
    • Like x 1