No love for Trolls? Here's some ideas.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Realist617, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Realist617 Active Player

So, the controller has had some of the weakest and frankly most useless artifacts in recent episodes. None of them are very viable nor even close to worth swapping out for the current meta. Here are a few troll artifact ideas that I think would be extremely viable and not too overpowered.

1. Eye of the Gemini(for trolls)
    using a SC will cast a blue circle(slightly larger than Castors Watch) that regens teams SC 2%/sec. for eight(8) seconds. The first power used by and player in the blue circle is cast power-free. Circle restore XX power/sec.

2. Shield Buffing Artifact(must be in troll roll to gain effects)
    Increase shield duration and strength 10%.
    Reduce shield cooldowns 10%.
    Increase trolls SC buildup by 5%.
    Increase power return efficiency of group shields by 5%.

3. The Pickup Artist artifact(must be in troll roll to gain effects)
    While the troll is alive the entire teams pickup timers are increased by 10%.
    The troll picks up all downed teammates 25% faster.
    The troll cannot be interrupted once a pickup has been initiated by them.
    While any teammate is downed the troll may immediately move at the quickest rate allowed by their movement style. The initial "slow start" for the troll is negated.(for the purpose of rescues)
    **this last ability I thought may be too OP but here it is** the troll may be revived one additional time during elite content battles.
    • Like x 4
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

Good ideas but I don’t see anything replacing tetra, claw, rao setup unless they release another “team group buff” artifact that can overtake tetra or rao.

I plan on replacing parasite with the entwined rings of azar buff artfiact (unless there is a good new troll art) next dlc that will be worth it at 160 I can dump my parasite into. That way I can run tetra, claw, rao for buff troll and azar, tetra, rao for buff/power I have a nice little spec planned for it.
  3. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

1) Please nothing else that generates SC. At all. Ever. Also this is ridiculously OP.
    2) Trolls don't need to further marginalize healers on shielding.
    3) Every single thing about this is broken beyond belief. So much nope.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That is the worst artifact for Controllers, please don't. You would be sacrificing Power for an insignificant health buff.
    • Like x 6
  5. Isif Committed Player

I can definitely see people abusing a "battle" spec just to negate movement mode penalties and gain shielding. You would be able to barely spec as a troll and crank points into dps-centric loadouts. Unfortunately, this would further damage the troll role. At least, someone hasn't given up hope. Keep fighting the good fight. I salute you.
  6. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I love trolls :D
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Devs disliked the constant uptime of SC Shields. With your first 2 points, this will be the case again and lead to devs nerfing Troll SC to 60 secs cooldown.

The last artifact seems useless in good groups but could be awesome in pug groups. I like the idea and its finally a different way to look at the troll playstyle.
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought of a new troll artifact that grants you a new ability. That ability could come in various shapes or forms but ultimately will "imprison" any add (just 1), stunlocking it for 20 seconds. While this add is imprisoned, the group gains the following buffs: If the add gets struck while being imrisoned by anyone else than the troll, the group receives a debuff of 10% dmg. If the imprisoned target receives all 3 debuffs, the group will receive a buff of 5% dmg increase and all cooldowns will get constantly reduced by 20% for the duration of the imprisonment. Adds within a rather large area (effective healing area of "Solace of the sea" for example) are not able to get immunity from stuns.

That is an artifact that allows for new playstyles/ strategies and doesnt just require to play the same old way as every other troll build (beside battle troll).

Its artifacts like this wich makes the system interesting and fun and not those stat boosting artifacts with minor effects that dont do much.
  9. XBARRYALLEN777 New Player

I normally dont hear good ideas for troll arts because some guy is always trying to add dps some way or another to further diminish the role.. but that pickup artist sounds really good I have to say. It truly calls out to the individuality of the troll role itself & sticks out. Nice one
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I agree with your first point but as far as shields, healer shields are typically going to be much stronger than troll shields not only because most have a higher base shield multiplier but simply because Restoration is part of the shield strength equation but vitalization is not. And then there is Group Transducer...

I spec 60sp into Dom and 50 into Resto for shield strength but only because I have the SP to spare and nothing better to do with it, and my shields are STILL not going to be quite as strong.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It would help tanks who are running the Everyman Prototype a little bit, but that’s about it...
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not all tanks use or benefit much from Everyman. If a tank was relying on the troll for a health buff, he's not a very good tank is he?
  13. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Troll was my main role before revamp, now troll suck, we dont need this role because you can give power by yourself, so troll really need love , maybe turn troll in support role, more booster artifact to give bonus to the team, we have like only 2-3 artifact to boost team.

i really big thing to change can be really great ( i dont know why it hasn’t been done for a long time)

Can you please drop the 300 power for group power heal (like recharge of light power) to 200 or 100 !!!!!
    Or keep to 300 but put for 8 ally and not only 4.

for group shield, in my opinion, remove that and give more power in return,( healer role have shield ) ( remake the drone of gadget who give small power of time ) with i dont know something like +10% to group damage or 10% reduce damage for 10s , something like that, ( maybe i great idea for a new artifact).

ps: can you please remove the no group power heal of claw of aelkund artifact, we need boost for troll without debuff in return