Ionized Gas Drop rate, Why i'm going back on break.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

They supposedly have a luck meter/counter internally... problem is, ANY favorable drop will reset it... and that includes purple gear from loot caches or an ultra-rare item in another instance.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That was removed years ago.
  3. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Before they made the hotfix I was getting on average about 1 MAYBE 2 ionized gasses per day. They say that they were dropping too frequently, but I wanna know WHO. Because from everyone I've talked to and various people in bounty farming groups, I'm in the minority of people who was getting it "too frequently". I talked to a leaguemate and as of the hotfix, he had 3 total to drop for him since the release of the DLC and he runs 4+ toons through the dailies everyday. All we wanted is for the crystal shards to drop more often, which they said they increased, but I don't believe a word of it.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People replay spamming the open world missions before the drop rates were adjusted.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I got one Ionized Gas last night and one this morning, that's better than last week's drops. ಠ_ʖಠ
    • Like x 1
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

My main still only gotten 1 to drop, since dlc was live. I had to pass some over on alt to get pass stage 1
    • Like x 1
  7. Mystere Well-Known Player

It has been at least 2 weeks since I have gotten any Ion Gas to drop and this is after running 4 toons through the dailies every day! The impact of such a low drop rate is that I am already burned out and bored with the grind and will just stop running the content and wait for next DLC for things to do.
    • Like x 1
  8. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Before the drop rates were adjusted, I know someone who opened up 75 boxes and didn't get 1. So now the drop rate is where its nigh impossible to get one organically.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well I'm sure someone was having better luck and the devs saw it.
  10. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Maybe...but I don't call 16 daily's per day (4 toons) for 2 weeks and only 1 ionized gas, good luck. And I know for a fact I'm not the only one.
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Grats but that's the issue I have with drops such as this im fine with one player having better chance at shard luck because we can all spam it. But when the content is locked daily, how can they honestly make sense of one player getting two back to back and others haven't seen one in weeks. Really poor game design, and would be ideal if a game dev comes give us insight on this.
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

1 since it went live, and brought the other for 15mil before nerfed drop rates now they like 70mil each. Stage 2 doesn't appear to be in my future.
  14. Draconiano Committed Player

Thanks devs for fixing what isn't broken, such wonderful people.
    • Like x 1
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The droprate of Ionized Gas is too low. In fact, Sorcerers supply drop drops more often than ionized gaz... (that isnt a hint to nerf the sorcerer supply drop droprate btw)