Enad Global 7 purchases Daybreak Games.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Dec 1, 2020.

1. CypherXone Committed Player

I suspect that they will Revamp DCUO again, like they did when Daybreak bought it. I hope they add a real role playing element, like secret identities, a contact system, a popularity system, and power tier storytelling.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You mean when Jason Epstein bought SOE and renamed it Daybreak? What revamp are you referring to?
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I'm confused by this as well. AMs were added before the SOE to Daybreak rename. I mean, maybe he's thinking about CR Differential and Monthly content...? That was a big change that happened in 2015. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can't wait for season three of the Doom Patrol.

Somebody should know to look up his casting agent and try to strike up a sweet deal. The show may be a hit but its hardly a big hollywood comeback. Prolly get him on the cheap 'specially if you give him a lot to do.

You should make Danny sound like Danny though.
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

M
    Hoo boy if there's any upcoming Earth 3, Doom Patrol, Firestorm, Green Arrow or Suicide Squad content in the works coming up I'm totally there. That said it seems that out of the iconic JLers to have the least content is Martian Manhunter so an episode of Mars content (and the introduction of Ms. Martian) would be greatly appreciated too as a fellow DC fan.
    • Like x 3
  6. BumblingB I got better.

True, and his Asset is in the game. Used in like Area 51 and the hologram at the safe houses.
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

He did help out in the more recent Metal episodes so I was glad for that. And Shazam and Zatanna showing up in JLD was neat too. Was really excited seeing Black Canary in BoP. Now we're really due for some Vixen, GA, Red Tornado and for Firestorm and Plastic Man to make an appearance sometime soon. :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Oh and Black Lightning, Blue Beatle, Fire and Ice and Booster Gold of course of course
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

YOU LEFT OFF TED KORD BLUE BEETLE!!!

Oh I needed to scroll down.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I guess George of the Jungle episode has now been confirmed lol jk
    • Like x 1
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

No check my above post :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Dene Devoted Player

don't leave us with just that lol

13. Skybreen7 Level 30

Hi, if we are making this a wish list ...

Make a open hub Coast City and have 3 new mentors, and please leave Batman, WW and superman stories alone foe a while, somewhere along the lines folks forgot that this was DC Universe....

Refresh and utilise the Market place, takening away some of the financial burdan lootboxes have brought about. Given the way the would is heading with the attitude towards lootboxes and looming goverment reg, this should be all but a given. 1 suggestion I would have would be styles, I know it's been said they don't sell but look at the styles in there at the moment. Use the lesser character's styles in the marketplace and put them in a rotation, save the popular characters styles for the loot box if you still need to have them.

Remove iconic gear from collection pieces in lootboxes - Hawks cape was just not cool.

I know people will scream FOMO but I would rather the lesser of two evils - FOMO Vs RNG in a lootbox, and the game still has to make money.

Take control of the broker. I turely feel sorry for the new player that comes to DCUO and expects to pick something up of the broker. There is no easy solution for this, but the was a mess of the developers making. Poor drop rates such as the above mentioned, wings of sin etc .... I'm sorry if you don't like reading or hearing this, but you have allowed the broker situation to go on for far to long. Look at where we are now ... half the player base have funds to control the broker and give the finger to the other half. Sorry, I won't say anymore about this one.

No new power sets, at lest not yet or not for a long time. New one's are just not needed. Rework existing ones, for a bit of a shake up. I know a dev has said he would rather look at iconic powers if they were to do anything, yeah, ok or better movement abilities even. I have toon that uses only acrobatic abilities and I have the most fun with it, not really any good for DPS though.

Bases, I can spend hours in a base, trying to make it perfect, I know that is possibly the less favourite for most players, but bases is what I love. But they are boring. A box design with a window, wash, rinse and repeat. I really wish we can get a new layout, furniture to interact with, better was to increase or decrease lighting, Proper NPC like Alferd, Oracle, Jimmy and lois, the Titans etc ... put them all all in the marketplace... I'll buy em. Perhaps theme bases like the fortress, Oa, Kord Industries and Ace Chemicals.

A Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) chest piece. If I'm been honest with myself, and if the DCUO wish granting genie appeared and said one wish to grant All of the above or a Blue Beetle chest piece, I would wish for the chest piece without hesitation or remorse. To me, he was the greatest character ever from both side, Marvel and DC.

Lastly, I apologise if my spelling and grammar is bad a triggers you. I am very dyslexic and have relied on spell edit for 99% of this post. I just hope you can understand the message I am trying to say.

Please, love, respect and stay safe out there
    Sky.
    • Like x 1
  14. darry3275 Well-Known Player

It would be cool if we could leave the Watchtower through the tech wing hangar to fight a boss in space. :D
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If you have an old enough computer, or slow enough internet, you can fly into space, although there are no NPCs out there.

But in my first year or two of the game, I had both problems and was constantly accidentally flying through the WT walls/windows to outside. It was pretty cool. I suggested back then that it be made use of in some way, but never got any response on that.
    • Like x 1
  16. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I remember those days lol. I still have screenshots somewhere.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Open world bosses are already in the game...you're welcome. :rolleyes::p
    • Like x 3
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As members we get a key every 2 1/2 days, or two per week (if you only play and run stabilizer event 5 days a week).

As for fixing Promethium Lockboxes...Time Capsules.
    [IMG]
  19. darry3275 Well-Known Player

bwahaha! Good one, mate!
    • Like x 1
  20. Tocimus Committed Player

hey guys, remember that one time the creative director streamed a T1 raid and rage quit?
    [IMG]