Enad Global 7 purchases Daybreak Games.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I am here for the Pokémon crossover!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

By "new bossman" do you mea Panderus is a new dev on the team or the new creative director?

Mostly thats what I want to know. Nothing is going to influence the game and upcoming content more than this.

I can think of lots of things I would like to see. Mostly I think we need to shake things up. Go way over the top.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

I really hope he is the new creative director. I think he knows what this game needs inside a episode (not openworld bosses please)
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Panderus is a (the?) Senior Producer (it's in his title under his forum name). I think he joined the team a little over a year ago.
    • Like x 1
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I like him so far.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

He's not new or the creative director. We just don't let him out much.
    • Like x 12
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The most likely path for next year is to Death Metal. Anti-Monitor is a part of that; and it would pull in a lot of other threads like Luthor and even Earth 3, Jessica Cruz and re-birth of Darkseid (taking things a little out of order from their comics stories).

I’ll be glad when we get past it so we can move onto things like a Mars episode or an Exobyte episode (featuring a team up mission with Atom where we shrink down into Superman’s bloodstream to fight the exobytes killing him). Or maybe the Freaky Friday mind swap duo where you have to finish the mission in your partner’s body with powers you don’t know. Or a desperate epic in the past as we try to stop a villain from erasing our victories that made us who we are (the day we were “born”; FoS; Paradox Wave; etc).

What about the Champions of Angor for a little DC vs Marvel fun?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_of_Angor

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/extremists/4060-24042/

I’m sure Marvel wouldn’t be shy about using the Squadron Supreme to create their own fun.

There’s just so much potential
    • Like x 1
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Mepps just tell us. We all know you're the new creative director. The jigs up.
    • Like x 1
  9. Megzilla Developer

Ok first of all, how dare you
    [IMG]

also keenly aware that he is shirtless in most of the movie so my pick of gifs was limited
    • Like x 8
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What if I told you...there is no creative director?

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So the position is still open?
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

[IMG]

I kid, I kid...well sorta. It's been a rough ride lately
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

but......

whoa.
    • Like x 1
  14. inferno Loyal Player

I hope that one of the changes done in the future is how they present the story of a Episode. The Metal to Thanagar to Bop to Legion story is so fragmented that it doesn't bring much to a episode.

I would like the collection, investigation and briefings to trigger some comic-like panels with narration. I know it won't contribute much to gameplay but this is DC with its abundant trove of stories to re-tell. Then it would be cool if we could use those renders as trophy-like wall decos.

I'm sure MegZ would be up to the task.
  15. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Personally I would like to see more emphasis on memberships, and loyalty to those of us that have been members. The devs catch the heat from all of us from time to time, but it isn't their call, they have bosses too. I would like to see the feats from time capsules removed and moved to strictly cosmetic as most games are shifting to. I would like artifacts to stop (we have enough to choose from now). I would like for the devs to have more control over the game, and the freedom to make the content not only engaging but fun. They do their best with the restrictions they have, so turn them loose and let's see what they can really do. Give us day jobs in game. Give us freedom to switch factions to hero or villain, or neither like anti heroes. I would like to see huge open worls again, and skill points being made more important. I would like to see pvp revamped and support roles in pvp removed to make it an even playing field. I would like to see more versatility in other powers in our loadouts with new ones added to give more viable choices. As players we can help the devs with honest feedback without the pointing fingers and blame game. Changes take time and we as a community, including myself, need to be more patient. I would also like to see true freedom in loadouts. What about balancing all powersets by giving each power in a power set equal hit value only changed in effectiveness by the skill points we slot into it? That way even disabled people can enjoy what we take for granted. I would like to see a lot, but we'll se what the future brings. But we should all thank the devs for trying hard with their hands tied.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think Mepps said they are working on redoing the membership perks, but will be next year when doing it.

I do agree, they need to remove feats from time capsules or make opening them part of a perk for membership. So we aren't paying more on top of what we already do for the subscription.

Also, work on Promethium Lockboxes.
    • Like x 1
  17. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Sorry about my spelling, buttons are worn out and they don't always work lol
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Technically, January would count as 'next year'.

Might be just the kind of thing they'd want to announce alongside some sort of Anniversary celebration... :D
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I'm pretty sure the Anniversary Celebration DCUO10 will have a lot of announcements. They don't really do roadmaps anymore, but I think they will make the exception here.
    • Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    I don't mind your spelling at all.

What I mind are people who don't understand the concept of paragraphs, who thus produce unreadable walls-of-text.

See how there's a vertical space between those two sentences? Do that when moving to a new thought and Bob's your uncle.

(General advice for everyone who has never noticed the existence and usefulness of paragraphing; not intending to pick on anyone in the slightest.)