Episode Spotlight: Metal Part I & II

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 2, 2020.

1. StealthBlue Loyal Player

In the future, could episode spotlight bonuses include double renown if the episode no longer has a unique currency? If I'm understanding correctly, the 50% discount should apply to elite gear as well, so as a player with end game cr I could at least take advantage of that discount if I had full renown. The double renown would also possibly entice replay badge and/or renown booster use/purchase. With just that change, this bonus week would also to a wider audience since not everyone completes the elite gear while the episode is still relevant.
    • Like x 6
  2. Doctor Arcanum New Player

It doesn't start until the servers come back up from Thu Dec 3 maintenance. Which they haven't done yet.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure what time Reboot is in the EU, but if you ran after reset but before the reboot, you'd get no bonus. Not saying that's it, but that seems to be a common mistake here in the US...just running after reset on Thurs vs waiting till after reboot.
  4. AquiloFury Committed Player

I'm on usps and just logged in. I'm on someone within relevancy and am not seeing double marks in open world
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I like these ideas.
    • Like x 5
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're checking out the open world stuff.
    • Like x 1
  7. AquiloFury Committed Player

Thank you. Can confirm its working on on duty content. I just ran the metal part 1 solo.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

On Duty looks to be fine. We'll get it sorted for tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

It was properly tested:)
    • Like x 1
  10. AquiloFury Committed Player

Thank you!
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

This is a good idea, at least it offers something for some people at end-game.

Like most all my toons are out of relevancy, either because they are at end-game or they starter toons and banks that are way too low.

I might get a tick or two in on Syn if someone is spamming but that's about it.
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just thought of some more things for this type of bonus week. Could other vendor items, like op collection/catalysts and vendor additions also get the discount? That would be another thing to do to "help catch up".

Also, increased drop rate for collections/catalysts would help as well. When an episode no longer has a unique currency, it's op item is mostly for style/feats, since the stats would be less than end game items.

I suspect episodes with unique currencies have more people playing them, which would allow for more chances overall on a server for collections and catalysts to drop. Once the unique currency is gone, I would think there are fewer people playing them, so it becomes even harder to finish an op collection or rank up the item. So what may have been a couple months grind and bartering when the episode was the newest can become years of grinding down the road. A bonus week with this change could entice someone to reset looking for a rare item to sell, while also helping to get those rare drops in circulation again.
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'm not at level for it, but I like that 2 back-to-back episodes are spotlighted. This seems great for people that level through Metal 12 in the first part of the week. Seems like a good improvement for the episode spotlight type weeks.
    • Like x 2