When is DCUO going next gen?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helderman, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Helderman Dedicated Player

Are we going to play DCUO on PS5 and Xbox Series X? Maybe optimized to 4K?
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

1. Yes, we are going to be able to play on at least PS5.

2. No, nothing is needed to change for playing on PS5.

This topic has been talked about over and over for months now, with your questions having already been answered many times.
    • Like x 7
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DCUO is already on PS5.
    • Like x 6
  4. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Dcuo already on ps5
    • Like x 3
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As the others have already correctly stated, DCUO is already playable on PS5....nothing needs to be done in order to make that happen. No one has commented on Xbox series X/S because the Playstation has the largest population followed by the PC side...no one seems to care much about Xbox. But since Xbox is backward compatible with several generations of Xboxs, one would have to assume that it plays on the series X/S.

The real question you're asking about, a PS5 specific client....that will come when it comes. They won't announce anything about it until it's close to release. That's been their general information policy for at least 5-6years now.
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

With a little research, it looks like something is planned for next gen and DCUO. Q4 means the fourth quarter of the year. So in other words, near the end of 2021. Mepps also has been dropping hints here and there.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oh wow, EG7 really is going all in from the start. Looks like they've recognised they've got two hugely popular and successful brands on their hands and they're planning to capitalise on that as much as possible (in a good way).
    • Like x 1
  8. Dene Devoted Player

Kinda makes sense.. maybe/hopefully they'll market these games towards the fans of these (in other mediums like streaming etc) and build from there
    • Like x 1
  9. zNot Loyal Player

I love the fact that they choose to do episodes the number one thing im always been saying here we need better episodes and bigger content,raids and so on thats why most people subscribe for a good DLC and what makes people play the game longterm.

enad global 7 are smart people the fact that they know this already tells me they know what this game needs and the modernized visuals will make some people happy too.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I had a peek at the job listings. They are hiring a new art director and, wait for it... UX designer temp. So... I'm starting to actually look forward to the end of next year.
    • Like x 2
  11. Helderman Dedicated Player

I'm not talking about backwards compatibility. I'm talking about a proper port.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why would they go through all the work of porting it to PS5 when they don't need to?
    • Like x 2
  13. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

DC is on the Ps5 as are most if not every PS4 game is on PS5.
  14. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

Just go pc - that's the best looking and you don't have to buy a new console every few years
    • Like x 1
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Consoles. Like every 7 years but sure.
  16. Zedfuu New Player

Just want to correct your claim, Pc has more player base than $ony does by a long shot and they are pretty much the same userbase as Xbox since ya know gamepass is a thing.A proper port for the Series X would be a smart move if they want to actually showcase next gen visuals tbh
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering they don't tend to give out population info by platform (or population info period) there's really no way of definitively backing up those claims. The devs themselves have mentioned more than once that the PS population tends to be the largest, but that's as close as we get to anything definitive.

As for ports, it's best to keep in mind that they tend to go for the same look across all the platforms. So any ports that are done may end up being more in the way of back-end performance than graphical. They've never played favorites with any one platform in terms of how the game looks.
    • Like x 3
  18. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

Lol shout out bumbling B for not being a smart ***
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As a generalization that could be true, but for this game PS players outnumber PC players. This was the main reason why the PC server was merged with the PS server. Crossplay was announced on DCUO's 5th anniversary: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-coming-to-xbox-more-news-and-reveals.266368/
    They also posted a fun little infographic comparing PS vs PC hours played.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. tukuan Devoted Player

UI/UX lead would be appreciated for sure. Of course all the designer have an understanding but a dedicated lead would hopefully mean more QoL improvements.
    • Like x 2