Ionized Gas Drop rate, Why i'm going back on break.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Dec 2, 2020.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Going to start with saying, time and time again I come back trying to give this game a chance again, Try and fall back in love with a game i've played for so long and each time I get let down. I have grinded many hours for shards mindlessly killing the same bosses and know what? its what ever I am good at zoning out camping boss for hours due to my ffxi back ground. Today had to be the breaking point though, every day I log in and run my daily missioning hoping to get a drop for gas to upgrade my mask.
    Every day I open those boxes and get nothing it's legit been two weeks since i've gotten a single drop. At this rate and with how many you need it will take much longer to get the mask upgraded then the content will still be important. I honestly don't know who is designing some of this stuff and thought this was fun or a good idea. You don't keep players around with drop rates that feel like they in the .01%, make the game fun and ill log on just to log on and spend money in other ways, I was so invested for cyber Monday I spent close to 200$ in artifact exp, but when i'm running every single day with no reward that does not make me want to play the game.
    • Like x 3
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I get it. Probably everyone does. I got my 3rd one on 3 characters yesterday. Haven't missed a day. A friend runs 4 toons, he's sitting on a pile. Another friend runs 1 character and hasn't seen one in close to 3 weeks. It is a bummer and it makes me sad but it's also made me realize that going after them is the wrong approach. I've been playing the broker game more, running bounties more than I want to get crystals to hopefully have enough to sell some and get them that way. But it seems like if someone is only going to run 1 character, it's going to take some time. As much as we hate the drop rates, they do adjust them. I went probably close to 15 rotations without seeing a crystal. Yesterday I kept dropping into random spams in between ques and got 2 out of 3 fights. Happens in waves sometimes. If you really love the game, play it and forget about the op piece for a bit. Unless you're finished with all feats and buying all the gear. Then yeah, freak out lol. Fingers crossed all our luck gets better
    • Like x 2
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Game needs a bad streak breaker built into it to prevent crap like that guy you mentioned who hasn't seen one in 3 weeks.
    • Like x 2
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

He said something about heading to a farm to get a goat and started speaking in Latin, guessing it's in some demigods hands now
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah...

I'm at the same breaking point with the Canary Cries....

I don't mind grinding to an extent... but when I'm doing the same dm alert for weeks with only getting 1 or 2.. or 0.... when you need 30 just for the last tier alone... THAT is no longer fun.

And not worth the time.... or my money.
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Is why I salvage OP pieces and sale everything tied to them, not worth the hassel
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

We used to have this back during monthly content. When best gear was still a drop.

I wonder why it was abandoned. I don't think it would be difficult to classify the shards in a counter script that increments the chances.
  8. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Exactly why I put my goggles in my bank and put on a green face piece. I get it, and I have mentioned to my league mates time and time again that it is an OP piece and is not supposed to be easy to come by, that's fine and dandy, I get it and understand it, and also RNG, I get it. BBUUUUUUUUUT, like many of you have said, I hop on almost daily, sometimes to run things once, sometimes for hours and spam bounties till I am completely numb. In the past 3 weeks, the only thing I have gotten for them was a faraday cage. That is a lot of runs and hours playing for ONE piece for the OP item...no material, no gasses, nothing else. I am retiring my OP stuff, not even worried about finishing it, same as my league mates. Its become pointless in our eyes.
    • Like x 2
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I just settled on my neighbors cat. Much easier, less traveling lol
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

To this day, I still run all the content where OP items were dropped and still haven't seen a single one lol
  11. Brit Loyal Player

I run the raid 1x weekly, and the alert 7x weekly. I just do the regular lootlocks on my main. Zero replays, zero alts.

I run the daily and weekly missions on 4 characters every single day. I have a 5th character at 309 who is just about to start entering the rotation of dailies as well.

My goggles are currently waiting for the 24 breakthrough.

I have a stack of 20 more purple crystals which I believe can take me at least close to the 32 breakthrough.
    I have 5/3 Faraday Cages.
    I have 1/6 Ionized Gas.

These are all my own drops. I have purchased nothing.

Running 1 character is getting me Faraday Cages faster than running 4 characters can get me Gas.

And the drop rate of Gas was then reduced because we were apparently getting it too often when compared to Cages.

This is going to be a frustrating one to finish, and I know by the end I'm going to be selling Cages and Crystals, while still farming for Gas.
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Though I don't do 4 characters for the dailies, but I'm in a similar boat.

The Ionized Gas I got that got me to the 16-24 area were all acquired before they nerfed the rate. I don't know, but I think this catalyst may have a bug preventing it from properly dropping.
    • Like x 3
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Yah I'm in the same boat. I have 10/30 and I'm getting really really tired trying to grind them out. Alternatively I can't bring myself to spend 150-200m for a 3 star feat that brings nothing else to the table. I'll spend that for a capsule box feat if I also like the style but that's about it.

Personally I think all catalysts and consumables should be added to the episode vendor for source, once the episode has fallen out of relevancy.
    • Like x 1
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

I could just be luck of the draw but I'm inclined to agree. I know my brother got quite a few and he was just running one toon in the few weeks after the content was released, while lately I'm running pretty regularly over a few toons and I'm seeing like 1-2 a week.
    • Like x 1
  15. triloos New Player

16th day without a single ionized gas...
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yea... the drop rate for gas is horrible. Everything else is manageable. Shards... still averaging one a day.... cages.... enough so that by the time I have enough shard for a break through, I have enough cages. But this gas.... i literally cannot remember the last time I got one from a drop. Think it's been at least two weeks.
  17. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

So true... either that or increase the drop rate exponentially...
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If you have alts I would suggest just running the solo on as many as you can. Solo can be finished in under four minutes, so you can get a few of those done in the time it takes to do the alert.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Totally appreciate what you're saying. I'm usually on the fence with this stuff, thinking, well over the course of the DLC what sort of drops will you see, but this particular time the drop rates seem to be absolutely absurd.

It's also incredibly rude and poor form from a customer perspective to nerf drop rates for things post release, as I believe they left this acouple of weeks before deciding "oh we don't want that dropping as much", creating a worse experience for those that didn't get the materials they needed in those first few weeks.

There's probably nothing more that pushes players away from this game more, than bad RNG and drop rates that allow customers to have such a vastly different experience in game simply through the roll of a dice.
    • Like x 3
  20. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I do the same thing