Enad Global 7 purchases Daybreak Games.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I guess my point is this is one of the stops in the DCUO community and although you may not consider yourself as one in a way all posters on here are representative of the DCUO community at large and if some lurkers or new members wanna check out what's up here and just see threads were members tell other memebers to shuddup all the time it don't look too good but that's just my take lol.
    • Like x 4
  2. Panderus Senior Producer

aaaaaand let's quit the squabbling before I figure out how to use mod powers or poke Mepps.

More speculation and wonder about the future please.
    • Like x 8
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Wonder Woman content?
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I reckon we're due for a Green Arrow/Black Canary DLC episode in the future hopefully? I'll name my next kid Panderus when we do! :D
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

OH MY GOD! Thank you!

I actually reported my thread to be locked, but this is better.
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Back on topic, i'm optimistic. I spend some much money on the game and I know many others who spend hundreds a month. I never felt like that money was being put back into the game. I don't think Daybreak/SOE actually was interested in the games it acquired. I actually feel like this company showed a lot buy buying Daybreak for such a steep price. You don't invest 300mil into something unless you truly feel like it has something. Lets be honest Daybreak major staple is dcuo and perhaps working on another Everquest. I'm excited for the future of Dc and with proper focus out on it the direction it goes.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Doom Patrol please.
    • Like x 3
  8. Panderus Senior Producer

Oh man, I thought they were kind of dumb and weird until I watched the show and read up on them a bit. Now I think they are dumb, weird AND fantastic!

I wonder if Brendan Frazier is too expensive for VO work?
    • Like x 13
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

You're going to need to do some work on powersets if you want to put Jane in the game. Just sayin' ;P
    • Like x 2
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ever read any of Grant Morrison's Animal Man run?

https://www.youdontreadcomics.com/articles/2019/11/7/lets-talk-about-grant-morrisons-animal-man

Speaking of weird and fantastic.

Next time there's an Legion of Super-heroes DLC/Episode (there *will* be another eventually, I hope), I'm hoping to see Space Cabby. And Adam Strange.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the Legion of Super-Pets episode!
    • Like x 1
  11. CandySlinger Active Player

I want a future episode that is basically beat for beat the War World episode of the Justice League animates series. Superman and Martian Manhunter get rocked by Mongul and thrown in his gladiator battles, we have to enter our way and win to shut it all down. It is key that a time displaced Jonah Hex is in the tournament, because he deserves the best modern weaponry any timeline has to offer him. Win the games, beat Mongul, maybe a quick jaunt to put Jonah Hex back in the timeline while removing alien weaponry from some dastardly ne'erdowells, only to realize you haven't yet beat Mongul as now the Warworld satellite is about to destroy the dual threats of the earth and Braniac at once if we don't destroy it in the final raid.

For bounties you can throw in different Gladiator champions, or a White Martian, or a different kryptonite flavored Superman. Extra credit if the final raid is against Mongul's son Mongul or if they tie in the Black Mercy plant from the "For the Man that has everything" episode. Key points though are Superman being emotionally and or physically wrecked and Jonah Hex with the best pew pew guns.
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Oh no please i hope we will not get anymore Openworld bounty episodes.
    I would like ro see a raid with mongul if hes going to be as strong as darkseid was in episode 24.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Dude, he'd be amazing in this game as Robotman. O.O
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its not about brandon (who is awesome btw)...

its about danny the street.

bring him to life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_the_Street
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This thread went very far off the rails. Warnings and some temporary bans have gone out. Please try to express yourselves more constructively, or use that ignore feature on the forums.

Speaking of temporary bans...
    • Like x 7
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you.
    You don't like Brendan Frazier?
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't know have any information to share here, but I will say for the latter that's not the nature of the acquisition.
    • Like x 4
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I like him fine! Mr. Bossman Panderus over there isn't the person who will have to spend the next ten years answering questions about why this big name actor isn't in the game yet like we promised, though. Ugh, bosses.
    • Like x 9
  19. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Since the thread in which new bossman Panderus asked for this was temporarily closed due to rampant squabbling, I thought I'd make a safe space for equally rampant speculation.

2021: 10th Anniversary. Since Jack implied a few months ago that there would be a big 10th Anniversary celebration that would not only kick off the event, but would also segue into a big, fun storyline that would run for the rest of the year. My guess is that we're finally going to be picking up threads from Earth 3 and the Anti-Monitor Event. My hope is that we get to see Power Ring and a few of the other E3 bad guys, like Sea King, Atomica and Deathstorm (and if you're going to model him, why not finally bring Firestorm into the game as well?) I'm thinking something Crisis-level would be appropriate.

Of course, there's a Batman movie that's supposed to be out in 2021. Snooze. Been there, done that. The BIG movie that DCUO should capitalize on in summer of the coming year is Suicide Squad! C'mon, how is Deadshot not in the game yet? Bronze Tiger? The Enchantress? It's about time that the Villain side gets some love...

Lessee ... 80th Anniversary for Green Arrow. How about a Hard Travelin' Heroes Episode? (What's that? Doing heroin is frowned upon in video games? Fine, I'll keep thinking...)

Now that we've been to the 31st Century, my next biggest desire is for the Doom Patrol to kick off some seriously weird mechanics and instances. Danny The Street. The Painting That Ate Paris. All of it.

Happy Beginning of a New Era, everybody. The future's so bright ... I gotta wear Captain Cold's Slitted Shades. :D
    • Like x 2
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

:D can't wait to see whats coming :cool: