[QoL REQUEST] Nth Metal/Exobyte Stack Sizes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BitGam4r, Dec 2, 2020.

1. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

TL : DR:

Increase Nth Metal stacks 99>999

Increase Head exo stacks from 4>16 or 99

Increase Body exo stacks from 4>16 or 99.

[I say 16 because it might be easier for some to divy smaller stacks between augments]

Please increase the stack sizes for Nth Metal and Augment exo stack sizes. Increase the stack size for Nth Metal to 999. I can't think of a reason why to keep it at 99 especially for Nth Metal, its archaic. I have bank toon who's entire inventory is completely filled with Nth Metal and I'm starting to have to store it in the bank on the same toon. I shouldn't have to create new toons just for bank space. And thats just Nth Metal collection for just over 6 months. And inevitably some people are going to say that I should just feed that Nth Metal into artifacts instead of just hoarding...Let me dispel you of that notion that right now, other 3 artifacts across 4 different toons, every artifact I havve is at 200. And other than the PHR, no artifact has come out in the past 2 DLC's that I see as worth it.

Now for Exobyte stacks. I've heard the reason that people have given why the stack size is @ 4, supposedly to prevent people from over-feeding your augments, I don't see how this hurts the origin/body augments, Especially since the XP will remain the same and when new levels are made available it will just auto level them accordingly. Personally I think the reason was to sell bank/inventory space. As for adaptive/head augments exos, that should be increased also. Because at the end of a DLC I have half or more of a bank toon's inventory filled with these exos with all of my head augments maxed out. I have a friend that has 2 bank toons whos inventory and bank is filled with just head exobytes and another toon with just body exos because of the archaic limit of 4.
    • Like x 1
  2. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

To add, I know what I am not alone when I say that other players have the same issues running out of bank space on characters because of these archaic limits.
    • Like x 1
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Gotta incentivitize you to buy more bank space! I actually agree with you and have always found highly limited bank spaces to be some of the most un-fun, time wasting "content" in games as you play the "inventory management" mini-game.
    • Like x 1
  4. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

The thing is, I actually have max bank, inventory, and shared bank. And if they allow us to buy more space, eventually I'll run out of space again thus becoming the classic Daybreak band-aid fix. Sure, raising the cap to 999 would eventually bring the same problem of running out of space if you hoard long enough, however it would greatly prolong it to the point where its null.
  5. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I'd be ticked pink if base items stacked....both in bases and in inventory, heh. Could save a fair bit of room that way.

Man the whole interface needs an overhaul to become more player friendly but that takes a fair bit of programmer time and isn't likely to happen if all they're doing is focusing on new dlcs every few months.
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is something that definitely should be done. Bank toons full of exobytes. Even nth metal im sitting at almost a full inventory on one of my bank toons. Thats just the account bound ones. The non tradable ones also eat up a few rows in my mains bank as well. I know they do it this way to encourage people to use them right away rather than save them for double weekends. So even if they won't do anything with nth stacks, exo stacks could definitely use a bump
    • Like x 1
  7. Panderus Senior Producer

Apparently it is like this to balance the Exobyte Booster that is currently sold on the Marketplace. It doesn't really seem to be doing its job very well and needs to be reviewed. I don't think its juice is currently worth the squeeze to players' inventory and need to fiddle with many small stacks.
    • Like x 10
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Oh wow! Yes, please adjust this! 4 max makes it very painful, even when you max out your inventories (or get close to it) with all the trinkets, nth metal, catalysts, etc, it gets very difficult to manage overall. This would be a pleasant QoL addition! :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

With the amount of different Exos, Nths, Cats, OP components we have now, yes...even with full inventory and bank space, it's getting unruly. A change would be nice and appreciated by all (more than likely). Either that or let's have another round of bank/inventory slots available for those who are at max and still struggling.
    • Like x 3
  10. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Thank you for the reply
    • Like x 1
  11. Panderus Senior Producer

Yea, my other pet peeve is all the different types of Nth metal that drop. 10xp, 100xp, 1000xp on top of all of the different permutations of bound to character, bound to account or not bound.
    • Like x 7
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So....did you accidentally play the game a bit? Cause you sound more like a player than a typical GREEN name would. Careful they don't spike your coffee tomorrow.:eek:
    [IMG]
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Careful. We might get him to to say they're adjusting the Nth metal ask for 1 rank 200 artifact. Shhhh
  14. BumblingB I got better.

You should see my inventory. I've got this thing for trinkets... I wish I could collect them all, but I had to give up on the buff ones that were special, but not enough to give up a pet trinket instead for.

Wait... was this a hidden leak on new stacking pass as well as adjusting bindings on items?!?!?!
  15. Panderus Senior Producer

Haha, when I started more than a year ago now I played as a free player a fair amount to about CR 120 before life and other commitments caught up with me so I have some thoughts on this experience.

Also, the only one who can spike my coffee is me, my son or wife since we are all still working from home. I do miss free coffee from a machine. Such a plebian making it myself.
    • Like x 4
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Hey those keurigs are pretty nifty
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nice to hear you had some recent playing experience and can see some of our side of the coin. Not saying other devs can't but sometimes it seems like maybe they don't.

And kids can be bought off with candy bars....just saying....keep one eye open.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

dont forget diamonds are a girls best friend lol
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...cause the devs can afford diamonds.... I was stretching it with candy bars I think.
  20. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

lol valid point..... just saying it aint just the kids that can be bought lol