Ionized Gas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Nov 20, 2020.

1. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

Does the Ionized Gas even drop anymore? I run 3 characters per day through the dailies and all are in the 320's CR. That's 84 daily reward boxes in a week plus 6 weekly reward boxes. Not a single Ionized Gas has dropped and I'm pretty sure it's been well over a week since I last got one. Not having any trouble getting the Quintile Crystal Shards though.
    • Like x 3
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I've been running stuff daily... even resetting a few things... and I think the last Ionized Gas I saw was about a week ago. Crystals also seem to have slowed down in their drop rates too.
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

I didn't see a single drop since they changed the drop rate.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I got 1 yesterday from a daily reward box. It is the only 1 I have had drop since they "fixed" the drop rate.
    • Like x 2
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I guess the stars align and got 2 gases yesterday, 1 one two characters out of 5. But on Thursday I gotten 30 boxes total between them and not a single gas. Been 3 weeks and so far my main gotten 1, had to send some from alts who gotten them more so I can get pass the first level. But so far, so far 18 days into this dlc and I took 3 days off so far, so far 64 boxes for me. Most who played everyday, gotten so far 76.

I have to say there is in balanced to of Quintzar crystals and ionized gases big time.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Another update: I got an ionized gas!! 3rd one since launch on 3 characters. Haven't missed a day with 2 of them. Crystal's, I've now gotten 3 in the last 28 rotations. Really trying to stay away from bounties but what choice do we really have. Seem to have some friends that have given up till triple coins. I got my feats done except for the gen mods so I'm almost done. Hoping triple coins is soon so I can put this behind me and get back to enjoying the game. Granted I love my actual job so I'm lucky in life there but these have given me an idea of what it's like to hate going to work every day.
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

I think I might have gotten at least one that way. I can't say for sure but I know I have an ionized gas on an alt that I've only run in the dailies and bounties. That said I've run all of my alts through the dailies (for the gimmie crystals from the Static mission), and none of the others have any. So at best that's 1 out of 14*4 drops.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I didn't get any this week from any characters dailies and weeklies I ran over the weekend.
    • Like x 1
  9. triloos New Player

I gave up op face. Now cr 293 and that's good enough for me.
    The ionized gas are impossible to find and I stopped to farm the boring bounties.
    I'll wait just double marks week for 12 house mod feat and I'm never doing bounties...
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Wow I got two in a row yesterday, so I probably won't see any for another 6 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Since the drop rate changed I have been running 7 toons on dailies, averaging 1 per day, from 28 dailies. Obviously, I'm just one person but this implies a rough 4% or 1-in-25 drop, meaning it will take an average player 6.25 days worth of missions to obtain one. Adding in the increased rate from weekly boxes and you'll be lucky to get 2 per week.

This drop rate is too low.

Running 7 sets of dailies, and being well over 75 on all the bosses, I have *just* passed level 24 on the goggles.

This drop rate is way too low.

(Before the drop change, I ran 5 per day and got 1.5 per day average, still a bit low IMO)
    • Like x 1
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I dont see why all of it drops so rare to begin with.
    I rarely see ANY of the catalysts drop or the crystals.
    The drop rate is so abysmal for me i am passing on this dlc for the OP item and not wasting replays on it.
    What is the issue with making these things accessible to players? Why not offer the incentive to buy/use replays? I would happily buy replays ANd use them (prompting me to buy more) IF i felt there was even a slight chance for me to get what i need.

By this time last 2 DLC’s i had both head augments at 23 an was well underway with OP item AND did it with less replays combined then have been wasted thus far. Lesson learned, no point in spending $ this dlc on replays.
    Got it devs, loud an clear smfh
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm surprised all we're talking about is ionized gas and Crystal's. I don't know about the rest of you but holy crapola, these head aug catalysts are insanity. I just broke thru one for 23 on my main. 20 green ones, 8 blues, 3 purples. Getting 1 head aug up has taken this long and I bought some with real money/ broker/ bounty coins. Why are things that you need so many of not even dropping? I've been feeding main all of them and decided to stop. Got the 23 feat, other one is at 17 and staying there. Not even planning on doing 2nd set since I still have other characters that need them. So my dps runs 2 resto ones lol. My tank alt has 1 might and 1 dom, 3rd alt is 2 mights and while I have a bank full of food, I can't break thru any of them.
    Edit: guessing seals sales are up, had to make sure I didn't lose them so more real money spent since still no other way to get seals
    • Like x 1
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I was just thinking about this a little while ago actually. I've had two head augs at 22 for a while and just checked the required catalysts for 23 last night and saw how high the numbers were and was put off. As it stands I've already got most of my catalysts using Time Beacons I had gathered on alts. I don't understand why the Titanian Me...ntachem(?), or whatever it's called, doesn't drop in the daily boxes. I could live with the Winathian Lightning Stone being exclusive to the alert and the Braalian Ferrofluid being exclusive to the raid, but the Titanian ones should drop in daily solo content.
    • Like x 1
  15. triloos New Player

And the best part is the silence of mepps and all devs about this problem.
    Guys, don't spend your money for this, not worth it. Anybody who spends that much on replay badge is an accomplice...
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't even bother with those anymore. I'll max out one for the feat and throw any remaining catalyst on the broker. Those Augments are a rip off.
    • Like x 1
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Extra coins is my only reason. Was done with renown long before the push back reward for getting 23 was going to happen. At least they didn't have to be 23 like fgse so I'm thankful they listened to the community there.
  18. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Right now its all grinding but no reward. I didn't really pay attention to this hot fix cause on dlc release I ran 19 characters the first week and I'm now on the last phase of 7/9 left. been running alts and just finished one that had 16 boxes to open and got not a 1. Did 5 alts last night nothing. So is this a golden ticket thing?
    • Like x 2
  19. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

Most of us just came off a long holiday weekend in the U.S. and Mepps' post in this thread was 10 days ago. Hopefully they are reviewing the feedback and will comment soon.

I will add that across the board we could use an increase in catalyst drops.
    • Like x 1
  20. triloos New Player

I hope so. I'm tired of everything requires real money to reach the highest level.
    They might have a wider legendary player base, and not ask to much from a few players...
    Meanwhile, today is the 13th day without a single ionized gas