Top Bug - Fixed Elite gear removal... appears to be a carryover from Wonderverse into Long Live the Legion

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darth Piper, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

So last night I was talking with one of my league mates and remembered the bug from Wonderverse where when you had 9-12 pieces of elite gear equipped, would remove one, and find yourself with the Type D affinity mod greyed out. So I tried it.

I had on the following:
    • Elite or OP items
      • 287 Weapon
      • 292 Head
      • 287 Neck
      • 287 Legs
      • 287 Shoulders
      • 287 Hands
      • 287 Waist
      • 287 Feet
      • 2x 287 Rings
    • Non-elite items
      • 283 Back
      • 283 Chest
      • 298 Face (current DLC OP item not fully leveled)
      • 285 Utility Belt
    With that, all four of my Affinity Mods showed as active. However, if I removed any one of the Elite or OP items and checked, my Type D Affinity Mod was now greyed out. Putting the item back into place reactivated the Type D mod (last DLC I believe you had to relog to get it to recognize the Type D mod again). This seems like a simple (but probably well hidden) bug in the math behind how the system determines whether or not to activate the Type D mod by saying, "Type D should only be active when the number of elite pieces I have equipped equals the maximum number of elite pieces I had when I logged in or last added a new one to my inventory" instead of actually checking how many I have equipped and comparing that number to 8.
    • Like x 4
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

As an addendum, I have a build/armory with the following:

• Elite or OP
      • 292 Head
      • 287 Neck
      • 287 Back
      • 287 Chest
      • 287 Legs
      • 287 Shoulders
      • 287 Hands
      • 287 Waist
      • 287 Feet
      • 2X 287 Rings
    • Non-elite
      • 281 Weapon
      • 285 Utility Belt
      • 299 Face (not fully leveled)
    My Type D Affinity Mod will not activate at all.
    • Like x 1
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

*Dps build:

Athena Helm (Omnipotence/Elite)
    2x 287 (elite) rings
    Amazo legs (Omnipotence/Elite)

*Result: No Affinities Unlocked

*Tank Build:

Athena Helm (Omnipotence/Elite)
    287 Shoulders (elite)
    287 Back (elite)
    287 Hands (elite)
    287 Back (elite)
    287 Chest (elite)
    287 Feet (elite)
    287 Legs (elite)
    287 Waist (elite)
    2x 287 (elite) rings

*Result: Affinities A,B,C are Unlocked

Note: Only my (elite) gear pieces are mentioned above for these builds.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the details. We are checking this out.
    • Like x 2
  5. BloodIust Active Player

I know there is a lot of threads on this but this was an issue laat content swapping to a full e gear set and back to ur "2nd role" the affinity mods arent calculated right, im wearing op head op legs hands and feet swapped to my tank(full e gear besides weapon) and back n lost my 1st two affibitys
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If you have the builds you switched between... what was elite and what wasn't... it will help them track it better because it gives them another test case. :)
  7. BloodIust Active Player

Tank was full elite op mask level 289 op head, dps was all purple op mask 289 op head op legs elite hands and feet
  8. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Experienced this for the first time myself today.

I bought a WV ep Elite weapon, equipped it, the 3rd affinity mod didn't trigger, went back to my Legion ep Elite weapon and it still didn't trigger.

In reference to recent 'conversation', I'm not looking for the perfect game, just a working one.
  9. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Just to explain my baseline:
    Normally, I use the Legion Goggles, WV Helmet, 2 x Legion Elite rings, Legion Elite necklace, and the Legion Elite weapon. The Goggles and Helmet are fully upgraded. 6 Elite items, thus it activates affinity mods A, B and C.

Took off all my armour and weapon, activated my build with the Legion weapon and the C affinity mod activated correctly. I put the WV weapon on and it is no longer active.

Could it be that the game is having difficulty recognising Elite weapons from different episodes (perhaps just affecting WV items?) when totting up how many Elite pieces one is wearing?

Edit: further testing, and now my Legion weapon won't activate the C affinity mod, on a part of the game that must be paid for.
  10. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Quick video to demonstrate.

At the start I just demonstrate that the appropriate Boost is active, that my cells are charged, and that I have the appropriate mods installed.

Starting with my DPS build/gear, which uses seven Elite gears with the Legs of Omni (haven't got around to buying the lvl 285 DPS pants yet), and all is well.
    I swap out the pants for the Tank level 285 ones making the Elite gear count six, and the C mod is not longer active.

Then I activate my Tank build/gear which uses six Elite gears with Tank level 285 pants. No C mod active.
    I swap out the pants for the OP ones, and the C mod is active again.
    Then swap out the lvl 287 Elite weapon for the 277 Elite weapon and the C mod is still active.

Hope that's helpful or enlightening in some way.

Thanks.

11. POTUSxxii New Player

The 302 face, 287 weapon, 287 neck, and 287 rings do not activate affinity mods.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Static's goggles are not an elite item therefore it doesn't activate any Affinity Mods.
    • Like x 1
  13. POTUSxxii New Player

Look at the goggles, it clearly states that wearing it and other elite gear activates affinity mods and the same is true for the aforementioned items.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    There has never to date been an elite face piece, even the Starro's Mask of Omnipotence was not elite equipment. The goggles do not have the (Elite) tag in the item name so the tooltip at the bottom is probably a copy/paste typo from the Wise Helm of Omnipotence, which is elite.
    [IMG]
    And as you can see I have the elite weapon, Wise Helm of OP (Elite), elite neck and both elite rings: five pieces altogether. Both A and B are active so those items with the (Elite) tag are working correctly.
  15. POTUSxxii New Player

Respectfully, I cannot tell what you have on other than it looks like you have all 285 or 287 gear along with the helm and goggles. Until I hear from support the goggles still need to be addressed, but take off all of your gear and put only the 287 weapon, neck, and rings. That is four pieces and neither A or B affinity mod is activated, at least for me.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

17. POTUSxxii New Player

Thank you very much for that video as I can definitely see that the pieces are working for you as intended. I did the same thing but I can’t get either a or b affinity mods to activate. I’ll try and upload a video too. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  18. POTUSxxii New Player

Here is a video I just made:
  19. POTUSxxii New Player

A friend also confirmed just now that the affinity mods aren’t working for him either.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are the batteries in your generator depleted?