Favorite Part of Legion DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Nov 27, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Even if you dislike the bounty spamming, I'm sure you can find something positive within the DLC you liked?

So share your pros and share your cons if you have any, but do it it in a constructive manner please.

For it's like last DLC, with there being so many feats within the DLC to achieve, I like trying to get as many as I possibly can while the DLC is still relevant.

For cons for me is the lack of items at the start of the DLC to buy with the 2nd currency. Was my only real gripe about patchwork too.
    • Like x 5
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I really like the cosmic boy fight in HQ elite. The show stopper is when you slowly lift from the floor; for whatever reason, that made it feel “real” to me. Very immersive.
    • Like x 4
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You mean when you're encased? Yea it's one of those oh crap what's happening feelings when it first happened because in reg you dont get lifted up. So that was a nice difference.
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

I like the variety in open world missions, and the open world is beautiful in general. The raid is also super cool, and has some cool titles attached to it.
    • Like x 6
  5. Kanniu Well-Known Player

I enjoy the look of the episode. Say what you want about the open world or the raid but you gotta admit they look really good. The team who made the raid and the open world did an amazing job
    • Like x 6
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I havent seen the titles from raid what are some you like?
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh of course the art team we have now are DC's VIP imo when it comes to DLC. I love how FGSr looked wish we could have a league hall or massive personal base like that
    • Like x 3
  8. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I like the implementation of the OP item this time around, although I definitely think it needs some tweaking going forward.

I'd prefer it if it came in at a higher base level when you got it. It should at least match the regular gear from the last DLC so you don't actually drop CR when equipping it.

It starts out at level 270, which is 5 levels lower than the regular gear from the last DLC, and 7 levels lower than the elite gear. That means you have to put at least 5-7 crystals into it just to get it up to your previous gear level. For context, every crystal that I've gotten across all of my alts so far has gone over to my main, and in TOTAL, I've only had about 20 of them! (which isn't even enough to max out the OP face on my main) They just don't drop frequently enough to be able to casually drop 5 of them into the OP item on an alt to make it even close to being relevant.

I get that the idea was to allow us to equip it from the start so it wasn't just another item clogging up our inventory, but because it starts off so low and crystals are so hard to come by, right now, on my alts, it is just another item clogging up my inventory!

(There are other things I like about the DLC, but this became quite a wordy (and oddly specific) rant about one thing lol, so I'll end it here....)
    • Like x 4
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

First off I definitely gotta say beautiful artwork everything is on point love it . The alert I really like it's definitely fun and the raid even though it's short was very fun and my healer heals shine so beautiful here like always . I loved the raid just wish it was longer definitely one of my favorites.

I would of liked a duo and extra raid if so this dlc would of became one of my favorites . The bountys are definitely fun but also draining . I listen to music and play my switch or even watch YouTube in-between fights just to keep going because after awhile it's not fun it's boring really.

I hope the devs make a part 2 or just more Legion future content we need much more there so much story to do and this dlc was very very light on que up content . If we got a 2nd raid and duo or solo on top of what we got this dlc would of went over much much better overall imo nice thread brother.
    • Like x 2
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Thats exactly what i disliked they made a huge new openworld map and left us with minimum instance based content.
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

There's the "Lord of Chaos" feat I want for my alt sweet chaos, you just need to get knocked out 20 times in a row, but I don't know if anyone will pick me up if I do it in event without league lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Oh yeah I totally agree on that. I just like the look of everything. Trust me I'm not a fan of 2 instances either. Though I'm hoping the reason they had only two instances is because they're either more focused on the next episode or the 10th Anniversary(Have really high hopes for it)
    • Like x 2
  13. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Just gonna say I pretty much agree with everything in your post. Absolutely. You nailed the problems with it along with the positives.

Personally, I like the look of things, and enjoy some of the base items. I like the Ocean's Pizza signs!

The alert isn't bad, although the last fight can be annoying. It's much better now than it was when it first dropped. The raid is also not bad. I was expecting something much more dire when I saw the previews. All the fights are fun, though.

I wish there was something productive in-game to do between bounty spam fights. I refuse to overdo it, so I'm not burnt out, but it's WAY too easy for people to burn out on bounty spams. I wish I knew how to solve that problem.
    • Like x 1
  14. zNot Loyal Player

i agree too i hope this was the last time im only playing this episode or dc because i trust in them to avoid doing such episodes like legion is again.

And maybe we can expect something massive in the next episode due to 10th anniversary especially with the episode winner bracket maybe some surprises will await us too there and with all the feedback we have given for the episodes i hope we can return to the original setup (no more bounty spamm)
    • Like x 1
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Static's new locs.
    • Like x 3
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I like the Legion wall emblem. ;)
    • Like x 3
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

My favorite part is when I leave the zone
    • Like x 2
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I don't have a problem with any of it. none. I'm kinda hoping they give the bounties thing a miss with the next dlc, but I'm cool with it. visually, it's lovely, I love the open world area, & I've been waiting for the Legion to turn up for a long time now, so finally getting to see them in-game has been a proper treat ( even if it's not "my" Legion ). overall, I'm ok with it. it's not my favourite episode / dlc, but it's far from the worst.
    • Like x 2
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I have barely sniffed on this episode and I didn't like the smell of it so good so I stay away until something comes that interest me :p
    • Like x 1
  20. Vicious Well-Known Player

Pros:

- I've always loved the brighter 'daylight' maps so it always makes me very happy whenever we go back to Metropolis. And I like this iteration of the Metropolis map a lot more than the Birds of Prey edition.

- This is one of my favorite elite raids ever, even if it has been incredibly buggy. One of those raids where you can truly see the growth of a group/league learning the mechanics based on how easy it becomes to clear.

- I didn't hate the Alert. That's pretty big, because I almost always hate the Alerts. They always take too much time to complete for the amount of marks that they give and it's always more worthwhile to spam the Solo/Duo instead. Even though we were forced to run the Alert this time, I didn't find myself dreading running it like I usually do.

Cons:

- The idea that they reduced the grind on the bounties is ridiculous. They still take 30 minutes to clear, only you have four bosses (meaning four loot tables) instead of five, so you get even less for your time. The wait between bosses is excruciatingly long, with less to do; in Wonderverse you could walk-in and clear a solo in between each boss, being able to reset it for the instance-exclusive marks and also being able to chip away at the Brick by Brick feats. There's nothing like that here. On top of that, they raised the prices on the vendor gear, making the overall grind even more grueling. Reducing the overall feat count from 100 to 75 made this mirage that less effort was required but you actually need to put a lot more time in and kill more than 100 cycles to purchase all of the vendor items that you need for the other feats.

- The lack of a Solo means there's no reasonable way to spam replay badges to farm OP fortification catalysts. This should never happen again. If you're going to make an OP that requires a bunch of catalysts that go for obscene prices on the broker, there needs to be a Solo. At worst, a Duo. As it stands, this OP has been the worst one to make if you take into account the cost of the materials, which are brutal to come by. Whether you are buying them off the broker or you are painstakingly farming them and choosing not to sell on the broker, you're making a decision to sacrifice like 3 billion in-game cash to fully complete this OP. As someone who trades and uses the broker a lot, I have enough cash in game to easily afford that but that's a ridiculous choice to force on most players.

- Somewhat a repeat of the previous point but this is the worst OP ever in terms of farming/building. The drop rate for the catalysts is terrible and the fact that the basic exp item required to upgrade it comes only from bounties is insane. I've already completed all of the 75 Kill bounty feats and I got less than half of the Quintiles you'd need to max the OP.
    • Like x 2