Bonus Source Marks This Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

SOURCE MARKS WEEK

Here's something we can all be thankful for: Bonus Source Marks!

This week – from Thursday, November 26, 2020, through Wednesday, December 2, 2020 – all players will enjoy:
    • DOUBLE Source Marks when completing instanced, relevant content across the entire game!
    • 50% discount on gear at the Mechanical Supply Officer!
    • This is the universal vendor that automatically offers your character the appropriate gear upgrades for Source Marks, in your HQ.
    • 25% off Source Marks packs in the Marketplace!
    Get double the currency and then double the rewards as you spend it, this week only!

Source Marks are primarily used to unlock vendor gear through Episode 36.

PLEASE NOTE: The bonus source marks week will begin this Thursday with daily server restarts and will last through Wednesday to daily server restarts on next Thursday morning.
    • Like x 13
  2. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Not particularly excited about this week. Any chance we get the waller contracts again? I enjoyed those
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

This is great for alts or new players. Would love more ways for end game players to gain source marks :)
    • Like x 4
  4. NanananananananaBatman New Player

5. BumblingB I got better.

I wish it didn't include only instanced relevant content. On the switch, this is a bit difficult to accomplish. :(

Thank you though!
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Poop....I just knocked 3 toons from 308 to 310 this week...I'd have held off a few days if I knew it was coming. So long metal II marks!

BTW...I believe the discount applies at the in zone vendor as well (at least it has in the past) Like in Thanagar or Metal Gotham. Might be worth mentioning in the post if accurate as most people I know have an empty Mechanical Supply vendor when they visit it. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything in there honestly, but I can go to the proper zone and pick up pieces I'm missing still. Won't help build CR, but works for missing style pieces you need.
    • Like x 2
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah, it would so much more helpful for players that can't really get into content if it applied to all daily missions, weekly missions, etc as well.

Anyhow, this bonus week reminds me of a bug I reported last time the event happened while I was leveling a character to end game. And that is older DLC duos that previously had multiple currency only offer 1 source mark per duo instead of the normal 2 we should be getting.

This would likely mean that the Wonderverse solo, that currently gives you 3 episode currency(plus 1 source mark) with both augment bonuses will lose that bonus once Wonderverse converts to source marks.
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dreams do come true. Been absolutely plowing thru marks lately while changing arts around. Happy Thanksgiving devs! And everyone else lol
    • Like x 1
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Should be all content, not just instanced. Most endgame players only have 2 raid, 2 alerts, and 1 solo in relevancy. Where we used to have 4 raids, 2 alerts, and 2 solo/duos This especially highlights how terrible the new content structure is.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Worse if you are 310+ and Premium (yeah...boo hoo for Premiums). In that case you have BOP solo/alert/raid only. If you went over 321 and are Premium(using TC gear), you have 0 content for 2x source as BoP falls off, WV is locked out and > 310 loses Event source. Wouldn't be an issue if you had a method of NOT advancing, but as boxes need to be opened, you have to advance your CR.

Again...boo hoo for Premiums...I know.
  11. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

I mean...its good because more source marks=more catalysts...so thats nice. But bonus source marks are my least favorite right after the episode spotlight, but of course thats subjective.
  12. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I half disagree, in that I am excited about this week because more source marks is a good thing. That said, I would LOVE to see more Waller contracts.
    • Like x 1
  13. RahRah Active Player

Lol people always complain about this in some way or another. It's the same thoughts every time. Personally, I like it, but that's because I have 10 end game toons, with 6 low levs that can get a lot of source marks for catalysts to support those toons (I also run a league with just a couple of friends, and buy the majority of the prestige with source marks).
    • Like x 1
  14. N-IX Well-Known Player

my toon cr 200 will take a leap forward ....! =)
  15. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Oh thank goodness finally :D
    Can we consider a BoP and Wonderverse currency or raid event next weeks? Discount on their vendor rewards and gears and bonus currency?? :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Why in instanced content only? You guys have been talking about how important you wanna make open world but when it comes to double source marks, Open World is not even taken into account.
    • Like x 1
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

So no black Friday deals?
  18. Xooc New Player

Thank you for more MARKS!!

Happy THANKSGIVING!!
  19. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Did not receive double marks on calculator and meta, cr is 321. Was that meant to be? Only received 8 source marks each
  20. Eve YouTuber

On Duty only. "Instanced" content
    • Like x 1