Fed up with unfinishable and expensive collections!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Dont know about you, but there is no greater satisfaction in my book, than spending real money on top of a subscription just to have the breakthrough fail 8 or 9 times in a row. - Good Times
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

We're all Cats :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Thanks! In any case, i'll keep my stuff. Just sayin'. :D :cool:
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Damnit! :(
    • Like x 1
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You should probably have more than enough quarks to just buy the material from the vendor if you're opening that many TCs
    • Like x 1
  6. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

The collections that bug me the most are the ones that are locked behind Time Capsules! I hate trying to get those with a passion! More often than not, I just don't even bother! It's bad enough that opening a TC only gives us a choice between gear, emblem or a collection item, but then to make 3 seperate collections and only give us one randomized option to choose from (and duplicates) is infuriating!!

I stockplied stabilizers during last weeks event and just opened up 15 Flashpoint TCs to try and get the one last collection item that I needed for the Lasso style........didn't get it. Had to spend a few mill on the broker in order to finish it.

I refuse to pay real money to open TCs so I grind my *** off to get stabilizers, and I've probably opened close to 100 since the Flashpoint one has been out and I still have 2 more collections from them that I'll probably never finish! I hate them.

It wouldn't be so bad if when opening TCs, we got a choice between gear, emblem, collection 1, collection 2 or collection 3, so we could actually try working toward a specific collection rather than just being completely at the mercy of RnG.
    • Like x 2
  7. N-IX Well-Known Player

instead of complaining ..... made like everyone else struggles ......., people like you want everything to be offered to them
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

and when it never falls down, how do you pray to the lord? ah **** he's deaf, that's true...

and what's more, I'm not a believer :D
  9. N-IX Well-Known Player

this thread sucks and does not advance the game
  10. N-IX Well-Known Player

ignored this thread
  11. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Yeah, there's always that one person who thinks that just because they don't agree with something or doesn't like a particular thing, then EVERYONE else should just bow to their beliefs.
    • Like x 1
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Just sell everything you get from the first day TCs drop while prices are super high, then buy the items a month down the road when the prices are like 60% cheaper. I use this model and have been able to finish every TC
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I've often thought about it too, but always too afraid of not seeing the collection afterwards or having to have it at an exorbitant price, but now the most complicated thing is for collections where there are no more capsules, or collections that simply no longer fall into this or that instance!
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I hate the super rare collection piece myself then when you look at the reward, you may get like 5 marks for your trouble. So more times then not, it's not worth it any more. Or it ends up as a base item as a reward. Honestly not worth the trouble.
  15. Jaelia Committed Player

I did buy it already :) I want it on both my toon though lol
  16. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Just Imagine if a time capsule gave you ALL the thing that popped up as a choice now...IMAGINE! ^_^
    • Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I understand it fine, it doesnt justify nor make it rite for anyone to take my ingame EARNED $.
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I've been able to save up to 60 stabilizers in between time caps. I sell everything day one and make at minimum 1.5bill, most of the time more of you get a lucky drop. Never collect anything rare on day one. ALWAYS SELL. I wait like a month and even the most expensive item drops to like 450/500mill. Everything else altogether costs around 4-500mill, maybe less. So thats all feats plus a half bill profit. Ive never walked away with less than this.
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Except you wouldn't be getting the prices you do for those rare items without the economy being broken. Trust me I am sitting on a pretty good chunk of change and all from farming and buying/selling at the right times. But there was so much dirty money put into the economy and not enough taken out, that it is everywhere now. It would suck to have all my cash taken, but if it is for a fix then I'll get over it. But it has to be more than just a cash wipe at this point. Exploiters have amassed all the resources as well as a giant bank account so just a wipe won't solve anything
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yes you would get those prices. Because the issue is NOT that the prices are inflated its WHY they are inflated. The answer is because of the artificial influx of $ from the gold spammers. If you dont fix that, there is literally no reason to axe ppl’s cash because they will just buy spammed gold rite back and re-inflate (prob w/in hours)