Community Livestreams: Speedrun Tournament!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 24, 2020.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No I get that. I mean what's stopping full renown players from running reg vs players that haven't stepped foot into elite? I'm basically asking do we get to choose. What are the rules etc. Like the group we're planning is full renown/ full op/ maxed arts. Would they pair us against equal players or is it just "run what ya brung" setup
  2. Eve YouTuber

Hmm, that's something Mepps will have to answer, but I'd imagine they will want to let different types to participate.
  3. RahRah Active Player

They should have done this toward the end of the dlc. Obviously it's not fair to the majority of players that don't max out their gear/augs in the first few weeks. Anyone that hasn't paid-to-win (replays for renown and currency for gear) AND grinded the bounties for the current dlc won't stand a chance against groups of maxed out players. For that reason, I won't be competing - what's the point - but I'll watch.
  4. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Was elite even out back when they did FNL? Pretty sure FNL stopped way before elite raids were brought to the game.
  5. Eve YouTuber

I'm not sure, but the point is when they did the boss spawning They started from lower difficulty and higher it each round. They didn't just threw them into the water unless players requested higher difficulty. As I said before, I think both regular and elite should have a chance in this, and not force everyone to run elite or run only regular. This is a community stream, and the community goes by different difficulties and play styles.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll let everyone know what each week's raid is ahead of time. I don't expect to pick ancient raids where most players will one-shot everything. I was thinking of starting with more recent regular raids and saving the elites for later rounds, but we'll see. It's a bit of an experiment here, too.

It's not up to players what level of difficulty the raid or their opponents are. It's a tournament over many weeks. I'd seed you in a bracket if I had any data to do so with. Everyone is encouraged to sign up, but half of everyone is going to lose each round.
    • Like x 5
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol I laughed way too much at that last line. Looking forward to this, glad to see you all back in the streams!
    • Like x 1
  8. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Losing? But oh no that is not nice! People can't be losing. It should be fair towards all!!!!

Joking but sounds nice that we'll get to know raids ahead of time and that it will be newer raids picked.

There is one thing tho, some players are villains and others hero. If they would like to make a group together is this possible? Normally we would sync Q or get people to queue in and then leave if sync queue is taking too long. Would this be allowed? Of course getting a queue in would mean losing a little time.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We can make cross-faction groups work.
    • Like x 2
  10. Yaiba Committed Player

I hope we get a rule for set of gear/artifacts/... or even fixed equipment. I don't think it's fun to watch one group (max artifacts) compete with other group (lv160 artifacts).
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Basically what I was asking. Kinda doubting much can be done about it. Technically it's easier for players to bring up their artifacts than it is for others to bring theirs down levels. Gear, as much as this sounds like it's going to be fun, I'm guessing most of us wouldn't be willing to have to go buy new gear to drop our stats. Only real option I see there is a box like the skip character one. Gear and supplies to get 1 set of augs to their desired level, and enough nth to get 3 arts to 120. Yes, that's as time consuming and overly complicated as it sounds. So probably just going to be "run what ya brung" and just have fun. Cr and max arts/augs doesn't mean that player is any good, just means they've got a technical advantage. But definitely something to consider when building a team for this.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It would be pretty impossible to police what gear you have on. Also, skill in the game is about work put in and talent, and the core game loop is to make yourself more powerful. I'd like to encourage and reward players for both, not drop you into a quasi-legends where what you have done with your character doesn't matter.
    • Like x 5
  13. C3alix Committed Player

What if we were to run the older content, but as Metal/Construct/Trigon Elite versions?
  14. RahRah Active Player

Which is all good, but also why I think you're running something like this at the wrong time. It would have made more sense to do it nearer the end of the dlc, to make things more diverse and interesting (allowing more players to catch up with the gear and augment levels over time, rather than spending extra cash and time in the first few weeks - Not everyone can spare the cash, or even time to spam the bounties for endless hours per day). If you waited another month or so, it would have made for a more competitive tournament with more teams entering and actually having fun competing with an actual chance to go through the brackets.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess FGS Elite or the Legion reg...maybe either of the BOP raids. Legion Elite is still kind of new and would give the whales an unfair advantage as they'll have the 23 head mods and Elite pieces already more than likely. By now anyone wanting to do these should have had time to get the head mods and gear for BOP or WV content.

Not saying it couldn't be done in Legion Elite...but if so they should announce it first as many teams would be in a loosing position before it even starts.

It will be interesting to watch at any rate. Any bets on if its the new Elite raid...will any of the players who already have the 11 min feat end up joining? I'd guess not as they will be outed in the process when they don't get it in 11 min again.

It would be interesting to see if they did ToTD elite...how many groups would be stuck in the 1st room while the other groups finished?
  16. Eve YouTuber

Mepps is there a stream this Friday?
  17. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Zoe are you a necromancer? This thread is not only not from this year it isn't even from this decade! :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

This thread is still relevant since they are doing a stream every two weeks :p
    • Like x 1