Compensate for 3+Day Downtime Last Week for Affected Players.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NanananananananaBatman, Nov 18, 2020.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If anyone bothered reading the ToS you would note they owe you nothing at their discretion.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Please, don't misunderstand me. I've worked in Customer Service for the last 20 years of my life and the last 13 at the most demanding customer service grocery store around (at least in the U.S.) so I understand how cadence and respectfulness can significantly alter the chances of someone receiving quality or any help at all. I've also witnessed the opposite where boisterous, demanding individuals have gotten everything that they have asked for and more. The key thing that I care about is that the opinion was voiced. I'd much rather deal with someone that is tactful and polite but sometimes even jerks have good points.

I was simply advocating for the idea that something should be said. I've only been playing DCUO and mostly lurking on these forums for the last few months but I've noticed a pattern of people practically shouting down others for having a differing idea or a complaint about the game and I think it is just as toxic as some of the behavior that I experience on the regular in the Watchtower.
    • Like x 1
  3. NanananananananaBatman New Player

@willflynne For someone who claims to be focused on the bigger picture and with all the posturing you're doing about being above this issue, you sure are nitpicking a lot (not to mention contradicting yourself) . Reread the post , it's a request for support and a solution, furthermore was first made at the advice of the GM which was more or less we aren't going to do anything - Try rallying support on the players and the forums (with a link to the forums) - and the devs may do something. (For the guy citing TOS, well this is what a senior GM advised to do so after support was contacted so whatever - I perused the forum rules and have been abiding by the ones I understood to my knowledge) . Yeah of course I'm not automatically getting a remedy , that's why it's a request and reread the first part about how this message from some n00b is unlikely to do anything on its own. And since what I'm asking for isn't really much anyway , where does a limit apply ? You already said what I'm asking for is hardly anything , the phrasing of there needs to be limitations implies to me that I'm asking for the world from them - again I just want what I missed out on because I (and many others) couldn't get because we were forced out of logging in.

I'm not unsympathetic to the issue from 10 years ago, it genuinely sounded like it sucked. Perhaps it came off that way , but when I'm met with sarcasm and passive aggressive asinine remarks(from you and others) from unsupportive folks butting in, I'm prone to dealing with such in kind. I literally do want to hear more about that situation and am legitimately curious. If it was left unresolved I encourage you all to vent all you want here , and go into as much detail as you'd like. From what I have gathered from other posters they made it up to you all at that time right ?. If so, your more severe problem in the initial phases of the game was fixed, but now we're talking with something that's had 10 years to be polished and some of you are defending treatment (or lack thereof ) that isn't up to par with many other games in this day and age , new or old. If not , by all means let them know that that was even more screwed up than this situation. Go nuts This is personally my first experience with this kind of longish downtime in this game , and it affected one of the only bonus weeks I look forward to so I'd like for them to remedy it . Why all of you others have such a big problem with it , I still don't understand . Especially if they fixed your problem back then , what screw all the players with one now ? If they didn't , it almost seems like I'm dealing with abuse victims defending their longtime abusers or something but that's kind of a reach. Don't understand this mentality you guys have, maybe it comes from playing this thing for years . And maybe I don't need to. Agree to disagree. But feel free to explain more . Also ,( again , a bit of a reach ) but funny joke I thought of - This topic being on this forum and the fact several are against it has literally seemed like its turned into its own strange little version of "Gotham by Gaslight" lol .

@Ebon - Out of curiosity what grocery chain ? Also , appreciate the concurrence from someone with a strong customer service background . I kind of observed the same with the ganging up against this and it is mildly perplexing ,but I don't really mind arguing with them , I've been at odds with crowds before and don't mind being at odds with the herd. Nice avatar btw , and new players ftw !
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only issue is how do they compensate the right people? So if they gave 3 days worth of 5x stablizers, F2P would get +3, Premiums would get +4, and Members would get +6....however, is it based on today or last week (a few will have changed status I'm sure)...is it across the board? If so I now get +6 on my member account and I was able to log in every day....so now you are still short over what others got. I'd guess that will also cause some rumblings.

I mean hey, I'll take more stabilizers...don't get me wrong. Just wondering how they ID the people who had the issue, OR how do they deal with the 'but THEY got more than me' that will result from a blanket payout.

Either way I wouldn't hold my breath...it likely won't happen.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Thanks for the kind words. I work at Trader Joe's in the Northern Virginia area. Been there for the last 13 years and I absolutely love it and my customers. Even the difficult ones because sometimes (not always) they have a a point no matter how rude they are trying to get it across. However, I did manage a Blockbuster Video for 10 years or so, before and during my tenure at Joe's, and compared to getting cursed out everyday because of Late Fees most any job would be better, lol.

I appreciate your confidence and steadfastness. I was lurking for the better part of the last 5 months or so because some folks here can really get in their feelings about any criticism about the game. Almost like they created it or have some stock in the company. You've inspired me to speak up and post more.
    • Like x 1
  6. NanananananananaBatman New Player

@Reinheld fair point , I hadn't considered that , indeed it is sort of tricky situation but I figure they would have an algorithm to distribute by account type . But yeah I don't know , this is probably the most viewed thing I see on the front page that hasn't gotten a dev response yet.... so I guess it does seem all for naught but I wanted to give it a shot. I tried contacting some of the more "influential" people (as well as others upset who posted on the original bug thread and they didn't speak up here (but they did voice their displeasure on that thread plenty - maybe they don't want to be associated with a n00b or something , who knows ?) so that didn't help either.... there really does seem to be something off here like Ebon says,

@Ebon, I'm glad you were able to take away something positive from this. Just by your kind words in response to my quick remarks it shows you're good at your job. TJ's is great , I don't have one anywhere near me now sadly but I've never heard a bad thing about the place and everyone seems to love it for good reason indeed. Indeed there seems to be some weird sort of Yes-man dichotomy with the devs and some of the players here , and they'll lash out (not that the arguments with me were terribly severe , but I've seen much worse again oddly for much less at times) at anyone who questions or refutes it without much calling to do so. Shenanigans !! Cahoots !!! Circle-jer.... Censorship !!!