Ionized Gas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I never saw an Ionized gas under 310. I figured it was pulling from the same loot table when opened at 'event' level, gear that maxes at 270 vs 282, and no shot at IGs. Could be just terrible luck though...I've been known to have that as well.
  2. Pinky Well-Known Player

If you look at the Ionized Gas item description, it states that it drops from both daily legion loot boxes as well as weekly legion loot boxes. So theoretically we have quite a number of chances of getting an Ionizing Gas just from doing the dailies.
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

did you take into the account you can only run the dailies once a day to get ionize gas compare to bounties where you can run multiple times a day and chances of getting QCS goes up? I managed to get all the feats on the bounties. I got enough QCS for breakthrough level 1 and have 16 sitting in my inventory on my main. on my other characters, I was running them once a day on the bounties. I really didn't see the difference between ionize gas drop and QCS. But I think I might of seen more QCS then I did Ionize gas.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the point was that while they MAY drop from the daily boxes, in practice...they only dropped in weekly ones. I guess it all depends on the odds, but if the odds of getting them in a daily box is 1 in 10,000, I guess you might as well say they don't drop from them.

Last night I got a new toon to 310, I had saved all his boxes and have been running daily, I was saving them till I topped 310. He had 4 weekly boxes and about 75 daily boxes to open. In the end I got 1 IG out of that...and it fell from a weekly box. Yeah, those sound like tough odds on the daily chances.
    • Like x 3
  5. Pinky Well-Known Player

I recorded my daily loot box drops from 6 characters over CR 310 over 2 days.
    I opened 25 daily boxes. Got 1 Ionized Gas.
    So at least the drop rate is not 0.
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

30 toons x 4 daily missions, I'd get 3 or 4 ionized gas. 8 hours total of doing the bounty, I'm lucky to get 1.

I don't know how other players were able to finish their OP item with the Crystals, but I got 30 for doing the initial Cosmic Boy bounty with my alts and I still had to buy 4 or 5 from the broker.

@reinheld - my ionized gas was not coming from weekly boxes. I'm certain of this.
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Base on my main so far 1 ionized gas to 24 crystals and I ran all 75 bounties, and opened about 75 boxes. So I'm not sure how both are dropping at the same rate.
  8. Evolution New Player

Dear Mepps, it is not an opinion, we can provide data based on our experience thru hours, days and weeks in the game you do not play, but if you treat it as opinion then what is the point? my opinion is that the dropping rate is a little too low, yes, the experience of the players posting their data back that up, and mine.... 12 boxes a day from 3 toons ( above 320 cr ) 2 weeks = 2 i.gas, and 4 weekly boxes =1 gas. Reseted them. If that is not lower than it should be, in your opinion, i guess we agree to disagree in hopes these information helps improve the game experience for us just like resetting instances and weekly missions improve your live too. Thanks and god bless you.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think this whole fiasco raises an important question (which, of course, has been raised many times before) but just what exactly is the time frame that we are expected to get all items to complete an OP item? Does anybody successfully complete OP items on a single character using drops they only get on that character, without obtaining the pieces needed by other means, while the episode is current? I would doubt it, the drop rates seem like they are set up to make this impossible to do while the episode is current.

I'm not suggesting that OP items just be handed to us, but I think it's extremely unreasonable that we should have to resort to running content on multiple characters just to get what we need to complete the OP item on one character. That's not even taking into account those who buy what they need off the broker. As it stands at the moment I have five characters at CR310+ and honestly the only reason I have five at that level is so that I can run the dailies for extra chances at getting stuff for the OP face. With that said and done, I think I will be foregoing the OP gear this time around. Seems like it'll be impossible for me to get it finished while the episode is current. The one positive I will give it is that since the gear is upgradeable that means we got a style for the base version, which is usually all I'm after anyway since the stats won't make too much of a difference anyway.
    • Like x 5
  10. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

My drop rate for both Ionized Gas and Faraday Cages have been pretty much non-existent. Maybe only one of each. And I've been playing every day since launch. True story.
  11. CrownedSolomon New Player

They have become so rare and scarce since this update that as of writing this post, they are no longer available in the broker on the EU servers. Earlier today, approximately 5 of them were listed in the broker for upwards of 20m each. However, now, there are none in the broker.

Their drop rate needs to be looked at and increased because this is becoming a joke now. Their rarity plus the price for each one is a joke. It is not easy to make money in this game to begin with... unless you get extremely lucky in gambling and get something from the time capsules worth big money.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

From my own experiences, and talking to league mates and friends, it seems like if you run 4 toons you would have everything in a months time if you played all of them every day. If you have 3 toons, a month and a half. 2 toons, 2 months. So I'm guessing one toon would be the entire life of dlc to complete.
    As of now, I'm burnt out of bounties but trying to stick with it. I play 2 toons and occasionally a 3rd. Think my plan is going to change and get all my unused alts up so they can collect the glasses from static and steal their Crystal's. At least that's the free option. Different type of grind but probably far more fun than 6hrs of bounties for 1 crystal. The ionized gas will just happen eventually I hope. I've gotten 4 since launch on 2 toons running every day while using some resets. Renown is finished so no more replay badges being used at least.
    This is basically the double edged sword that "we" all asked for. Nothing is behind a paywall anymore if you're patient. Which is fine I guess. Bounties just aren't fun (once a day, enjoyable. More than once, terrible) so for me, staying a customer of this game all boils down to what happens for the 10yr anniversary. If it resembles this dlc, I'll be sad to give up on a character I made in 2011 but it is what it is.
    I will continue to say the bounties are a good idea just implemented wrong. Make them a daily with a higher payout or lower the alternate currency items costs. 1 large loot box that has a 25% chance at a crystal. Keep the 75 feat counters in place. Boom, no one hates them anymore
    • Like x 1
  13. Draconiano Committed Player

Well, I guess it depends on RNG and luck but I only play with 1 character and I'm still waiting to get my last Skyland for the omnipotence head. I do the raid every week since the DLC launched, didn't used the broker to sell or buy Skyland catalyst and I reseted the raid 7 or 8 times.
    Don't know how much I will take with the OP mask.
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh yeah, luck is definitely needed. Those sparks were dropping for me like crazy in the beginning. Finished my head and then probably gave close to 15 of them to league mates to finish theirs. After our last league mate finished, I never saw another one on any toon. Capped on coins now on one toon so don't run it anymore except once a week on 1 toon tho
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, I would strongly suggest a least a 2nd toon. It's been very helpful and helps complete all the feats. My main is "op" as can be. So he does the grinds, gets all the best stuff and my 2nd character gives him everything. Food for op pieces, food for augs, and sometimes nth for arts. It took about 6 months to get the 2nd character up to 6 arts at 120 which has been more than sufficient for regular level stuff. He buys the regular vendor gear on tank side, collects full purple on dps side. 2 style feats done. Main uses elite gear on healer side and half priced regular gear for dps from alt buying that. Once I'm done with all that, bank the currency so every new dlc let's me turn in the capped currency and get the 1000 source marks from 2 toons. Working on 3rd toon that will only ever do event level and dailies. Won't buy anything with that one and will stop running her once she's capped on currency. Feed the main then sell everything on broker to get money to buy op catalyts. Means far less grinding of bounties
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

OK, so if I'm doing the math correctly here...

First phase (level 0 through 7, breakthrough to 8) I should receive 1 IG for every 4 QCS and 1 FC for every 8 QCS (8 QCS to get to breakthrough, 2 IG + 1 FC + 1 EC)
    Second phase (level 8 through 15, breakthrough to 16) I should receive 1 IG for every 2 QCS and 1 FC for every 4 QCS (8 QCS to get to breakthrough, 4 IG + 2 FC + 2 EC)
    Third phase (level 16 through 23, breakthrough to 24) I should receive 3 IG for every 8 QCS and 1 FC for about every 5 QCS (16 QCS to get to breakthrough, 6 IG + 3 FC + 3 EC)
    Fourth phase (level 24 through 31, breakthrough to 32) I should receive 3 IG for every 8 QCS and 1 FC for about every 3 QCS (24 QCS to get to breakthrough, 9 IG + 5 FC + 4 EC)

That's not quite what I've seen... or at least it hasn't seemed like it. This is assuming that none of the QCSs "crit" when you apply them too, and that seems to happen every now and again to the point that I think I've gotten the equivalent of 1.625 crystals so far between 0 and where I currently am in the fourth phase, with each shard (500 XP) critting for 125 additional XP.
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

so basically i finished off the mask yesterday.

i did get impatient. i ended up buying the last few components i needed off the broker which amounted to one faraday cage, four or five ionized gas and five or six quintiles. i generated all the money i needed to buy these items by turning all my unused thanagarian marks into source marks and then buying dionesium constantine and selling it on the broker at a very nice price and profit. for anybody who bought any or all of my 5 for 20 million stacks thank you.

otherwise i think it would have taken me another week or so to accumulate enough stuff tht i still needed to finish it off "organically". i did sell off two black neon chromas i had to buy a few extra quintiles off broker previously but even so this is the fastest and cheapest (meaning real world money of which i spent none) i've ever gotten an op item (barring the starro ones which were really super easy to put together).

can get around the grind for those time beacons but everything else shouldn't be an issue.

i would consolidate all my efforts onto your main toon and run any alts you have for weeklies and dailies if time permits and funnel everything to your main. by the time we get to bonus weeks youll able to gear up your alts quickly.
  18. Tarn Level 30

Drop rate on that catalyst is a damn joke. Im doing daliy mission/alert every day and raid since DLC was released and so far i got ...2 Ionized Gas catalyst. And please dont tell me its just up to RNG. RNG isnt some magical thing, and % can be easily set.
    And also dont dont tell me that if i dont have luck i can buy them from broker - just checked price, atm 1 IG is for 60mil, so dont know if this game gotta be action game or some version of monopoly that drop rate of things forcing players to waste time on getting money if they dont interested in .... monopoly.
    • Like x 1
  19. triloos New Player

I can't remember the last ionized gas riceived. I wonder what develepers have in mind...
    Also, forum is dying about the question, I don't think it's a good sign. This dlc can be the straw that breaks.
    People, before this, coulb buy alert reset for new genesis seeds with game money, now we can reset dailies with replay badge only = real money.
    Trying to squeeze more money from us?
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

New Genesis Seeds also dropped in the solo last, but since there is no solo/duo this time the equivalent was moved to the open world dailies. I'm not defending the drop rate, I think it's a terrible drop rate, but they're in the open world dailies because we have no solo/duo.