DCUO 10th Anniversary Bracket!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. zNot Loyal Player

Again most of those things arent the Raids difficulty fault.
    It came out in the wrong time at the wrong place.
    You are wrong Elite players gladly would take a challenge the ones that complained were right BECAUSE there was only ONE difficulty ofcourse half of the playerbase would complain isnt it obvious?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Actually, you are right, it's not, but for a WHOLE DLC, it is.

The game is NOT just raiding content. All you want is 5 raids every DLC, that doesn't make for a good successful game. Especially since raids are on a weekly lockout. There is nothing to do daily.

Please understand, the game isn't just about raids. And I love raids.

HOW?! I've seen you argue with other elite players in the test threads. Also, there are forum players and actual players, you don't know what difficulty is preferred. It's obvious elite content is liked. It's obvious that adding it is important, but it's also obvious it's not to YOUR liking. Not every elite player.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

No doubt, the best DLC is Amazon Fury Part II. I've never been much of a raid person (don't use Replays, go figure ;)), I'm more of an alert person. But the three raids here are extraordinary, each in their own way. Labyrinth and HoH are raring good times. Then you mix in Throne and Throne (Elite) and you've got the best raid package DCUO's ever delivered.

Now the solo is a bit of a chore. The alerts are... okay at best. Seeing Nexus again was nice.

THE STYLES, THOUGH!! For me, Ancient Amazon Noble is still my Alpha and Omega style. The ultimate Wonder Woman style in DCUO. I can't vote for anything else; no chance. Themy Battlesuit ain't no slouch either, and the Circe styles proved popular as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Nobody will have the same opinion, becuse i argued with other Elite players doesnt mean anything if they even themselves support the ideas im given (look at my thread with long live the legion thread feedback) they agree with me in general but think for example that SM should be in the game which i dont think it has to IF we get proper elite raids. So we do share the same view but want it implemented in a different way.

that thread i posted has aton of views (around 2500 so far) in a short time and yet nobody disagreed with my main viewpoints, just one player there wanted the bountys to stay the rest wanted more raids. So its clear what most players want. And see the amount of players that think origin crisis is the best dlc? Proofing my point once again.
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The Devs released metrics on the types of content played years ago. To most people on the forums' surprise, Solo content is the most popular content in the game. Considering the last 4 years, it's not really all that surprising though. But at the time it was for many. Raids were the next most popular content and difficult content was not popular. Unsprisingly.
    • Like x 3
  6. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

Your thread doesn't prove anything. All it does it show that players want to see what a green name said in there. You had 6 likes. Which means there was something in your post they agreed with. Also doesn't prove your views are in the majority. It just proves 6 people liked what you said in a thread Mepps posted in.
    • Like x 2
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Raids make more money then solos though ofcourse people do solos you dont need a group for them,casual players enjoy that but those players dont play the game as much as endgame Elite players do someone that logs into the game on once a day for a hour will excpect different things then someone that grinds raids 3 hours a day. Personally i dont know any person that preferes solos ,alerts etc over Raids.

And how do you know difficult content wasnt popular? All mmos have difficult content,this game started of being difficult Raid wise which kept many people interested. Not everyone likes to speedrun through content its boring casual players may enjoy it but some players enjoy being rewarded for their skills and efforts players that have no skill and play the game with little knowledge are easyier to satisfy id say.
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Your replys make less and less sense before mepps commented it had most of the views it had now just because you follow hes posts doesnt mean others do it too. Also look at other posts with a green name they do not have nearly as much views as my thread get over it deal with it my threads are valid go on.

i dont see ANY proper feedback coming from you content/episode/Raid wise.

Make your own threads then if you are so experienced and know that people want or if they agree with you i would like to see what things you suggest say that i and others do not agree with. You provide no proper feedback. Its easy to criticize things so far i dont see any point you are trying to make,mepps said himself the feedback on MY thread are valid if you cant deal with it thats your issue not mine.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed it was tough for sure and it did get patched or whatever the term is.
    Thats a balance issue is it not? Thats not what i would consider divisive tho. It was a great raid just unbalanced an got fixed.
    I fail to see the issue personally.
    But to that point, if thats what u consider divisive then literally every aspect of the game is divisive to some.
    Which is why i dismiss the definition.
    Theres not a single feature, instance, mechanic, etc that 100% of the base likes i would bet. So arguing from that definition to me is moot.
    The issue i see with saying it wasnt good be ause it was divisive is that the same definition can be applied to anything is all. That steps out of the realm of subjective opinion (which is i say they were the best an you for example say they werent) and into something else.
    An example i would use along the line of divisive wouod be the new bounty spams.
    It flat sux (some like it). Some quit over it, some dont. That too is divisive BUT the difference i see is the issue was recognized an corrected back then but not now. Now the answer to the issues with wonderverse OP spams was for the devs to ignore it an dbl down making the time cost even higher.
    Wonder verse needed a few thousand aethers (maybe 3,500?) to get everything done including all feat items to date where the new cost in beacons is greatly exceeding that and we have yet to see the next 2 rounds of released feat items (if they release more).
    THAT is divisive.
    To each his own, im not saying im correct objectivly in that fos’s, origin, and BFE were best ever but i am subjectivly saying so.
    You can subjectivly call out your favs too. I may debate it based on my subjective criteria (which i assume is the point of this thread an should be in good fun).

Long winded but hope that made sense haha
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You guys want to get a room and duke it out? Thought this was a vote discussion....He likes Origin...many don't many others do.

As it turns out, you are both wrong...AF3 is the best DLC.... There...back on topic!
    • Like x 4
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

The highlights in DCUO are Amazon Fury II and Atlantis.
    Those are what I call comeback episodes.
    • Like x 2
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

you: of course solo content is the most popular because the most people do them.
    also you: but less popular content generates more money!

[IMG]

The content that most players are interested in is the most profitable. It's an open secret in the industry that cosmetics are the most lucrative money maker in MMOs and supported by mostly casual players. Casual players are an MMO's bread and butter player.

Because the metrics mentioned previously revealed it has the least engagement.

MMOs are casual games for people mostly looking for escapism. There's only a small percentage of players interested in playing games like these for difficulty. This is true across the entire genre of MMOs with little variation. Same is true with PVP. They're a very small but vocal niche of the playerbase interested in difficult content.
    • Like x 3
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Just to clarify as a side note i also agree with your view on episodes Fos,origin crisis and BFE can easyily be considered the top 3 Episodes they released. Mainly because of the raids to me.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I meant people do solos because they are quick and easy you do not need a group,they are simple,done good for casual players no problems with that but raids are a whole different level and yes are mainly towards endgame players but these are the ones that spend more time and often more money into the game :)

Lets not forget that they Put rare collection pieces on solo content that may be the reason why they are so popoular :) if they remove that then we can see how popular it actually is. I dont know Any player that looks forward to a solo when a episode dropps sure there are people but from my knowledge its by far the raids that interest people the most.
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Content that caters to casual players generates the most revenue. Endgame or "elite" players represent too small of a fraction of the population to significantly change that.

That's called confirmation bias or an echo chamber. You play with players interested in the same thing as you. You don't play with players interested in other content you're not interested in (or at least you aren't aware of it) so your experience reinforces your belief that most other players are interested in the same content as you when the data says they are not.
    • Like x 6
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I was done. Wasn't going to respond.

But the election is rigged! #fakevotes BFE won! :p
    • Like x 3
  17. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Keep it above the belt! Keep it Clean! Just good discussions!

But! I stand by my choice! Origin Crisis for the Win!

Origin Crisis or BFE if I were a betting guy.
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

That is true but replay badge wise raids do perform better as i said solos have rare collection dropps so a part of the popularity comes from that also because the dropps are good there gear/mark/catalyst value per replay badge.

Raids are for longterm fun/interested id say if they are made correctly and adjusted properly.

Everyone has their circle their opinion doesnt overwrite ours same goes applies to us. Even if Solos are the most popular ones the reason i just explained it why should tell you that its not the content in the solos that is making it popular but other factors. Solos are a 5-10 minute instance you really think they are as impactful to keep players interested playing the game then a raid where you need coordination and playing with other players etc? This game is called DC universe ONLINE not offline just as a slight reminder.
    No offense by the way :)
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nah....while I enjoyed AFIII, AFII was the only Episode with 3 raids of varying difficulty that were actually fun and challenging mechanically (in a long while). Labyrinth of Lost Souls (LoLs) was super easy, but still had challenge due to the puzzles that needed to be solved*. Then we had Halls of Hades (HoH), which was right perfectly in the middle difficulty wise. Had plenty of mechanics, interesting boss fights, and Cerberus chasing us around a huge map, keeping us on our toes at all times. Fun times. Then they topped it off with Throne of the Dead. The regular version was decidedly harder than the other two (for the average players), had interesting mechanics that at the time that were refreshingly not just a DPS check. And then they made an Elite version of that. For people who liked large group content, we got plenty of that, for those that wanted a challenge we got that as well. We had two alerts, so there was daily content (even though we had no solo, duo or open world). Each faction got two styles that were cool.

Overall, Amazon Fury III was better because it had content for all types of players...so i'll give you that. However, Amazon Fury II had the best raids since FOS/Batcave days. In fact, they sort of captured a lot of the same "magic" of the older content, and they managed to do it without dividing the community (looking at you Origin Crisis).

*[It only became frustrating p.i.t.a. later on when we started getting a class of players that only ever knew how to pew pew pew and couldn't stop for a minute to read instructions or get on mic to listen to advice on how to move forward. All people wanted to do was DPS, and it got pretty stupid.]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1