DCUO 10th Anniversary Bracket!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Nov 17, 2020.

1. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I like the Gotham wastelands DLC episode Sons of Trigon:it had open world dailies , 3 duos , a alert, a bounty. The wastelands landscape was amazing overall it was beautiful to look at. . That area it seem like the devs made the environment look amazing. This content had new character bosses , which advanced the DC storyline. I enjoy the duos it seem really playable I didn't mind them. I enjoy the trigon alert because it was different , as exciting .

However,
    The only dislike I have this wastelands episode didn't have a RAIDS,
    If it had raids it would of been a perfect one

Yup.
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Amazon Fury 2 by far. The best raids in the game, with good alerts and a solo.
    • Like x 2
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Be careful what you choose.

Maybe the winner gets deleted from the game permanently to lower the expectation bar for new Episodes.
    :cool:
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Origin crisis and BFE easily (im assuming we can vote FOS content as it was original game not DLC???)
    Those 2-3 mentioned are/were hands down the best raids the game has ever made.
    Divided the community or “made” ppl quit arent a relevant criteria IMO.
    To this day i run prime, FOS’s, and wave just because they were so good.
    Sure i steam roll them solo now but i still appreciate how good rhey are an this i still run them :)
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If people weren't having fun, it's very relevant. There was none of that division during any other Episode.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

The success of the game is very important, especially if you look at Mepps' post in your thread about how it makes you feel. It caused a lot of players to leave, because it made them not feel"super" and drove a wedge to the ones that could complete it. Which according to Spytle was very small. It lost them money too. It was not a successful dlc.

But in terms of content, it had 2 terrible LPvE instances, 2 alerts, 2 raids. Out of these, the alerts were the only thing that was really well done story wise. The nexus raid had some, but it kind of fell flat and dox really didn't drive story at all.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry...AF3 is the best DLC in the game. Capped one of the more cohesive storylines they've ever done. Good open world with a managable 'kill xxx' count weekly, no bounty (maybe this point is just nostalgia after the last 2 DLCs), Solo (2 solos if you count the daily mission that went indoors) and decent Duo (if a bit chatty on the last dialog with Hades), fun alert, 2 fun and interesting raids with challenging mechanics (LB GOM still defeats a lot of groups because no one knows what a 'straight' line is). Managable feats throughout and not a lot of bugs that I remember (not saying there were none...just no huge ones like recent DLCs). Also the gear/renown was not an insane grind, managable at a normal pace running the content a few hours a day and just hitting the 2 raids normally. New maps all around in the Duo, alert(1/2 new map) and raids too.

Oh yeah...lots of Circe too....always a +.

If not AF3 (fake news)....I'd say it will be one of these other 4 contenders.

I'd throw AF2 as a good 2nd place with 3 great raids (2 raid mechanics STILL stump most players) and 2 decent alerts. Lack of solo and open world is a drawback though.

Origin crisis had very good raids, but the solos sucked (hate playing as someone that is not me unless I choose to) and the alerts were both tedious. On raids alone, maybe....but overall, no.

Battle for Earth had Gates, one of my all time fave raids, and hunting SubAvatars was great back in the day. Prime was a massive challenge and fun (I always liked the fact that if you died you could go to the spawn and watch the fight through the window after...made it more exciting to root on the survivors), but the 1 loot raid was obnoxious...we should have gotten loot on the avatars and Braniac...-1 for that. The duos were meh and repetitive as they were basically the same duo, just different maps. Other than Gates, I'm not sure it holds up.

Trigon, fun yes....best, no. 0 raids should mean 0 chance for a win. Great DLC, but incomplete without a Raid....love the open world area though...even if it takes for frigging ever to get down to Envy every time. If the DLC had the UM raid in it, it might be a winner.

If anything in the monthly content wins the voting is rigged....I'll take it to the supreme court for a recount!
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Dude....you forgot a I there AF2 is good but I know you meant the superior....
    AMAZON FURY III
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd guess the opposite and the winner will get a 'raid the universe' type of revisit, or maybe a return to 'event' open access for all levels.

But yeah, I wouldn't put your theory out of the realm of possibility. One way to lower the bar is to just get rid of the bar.
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

When i was saying origin crisis i my favorite i meant the raids their design and difficulty not the rest to me and many raids are the most important part of a episode see how many see origin crisis as favorite episode? Also on twitter .
  12. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I was thinking too . The winner episode gets ' raid the universe ' type of quest.
    Probably extra rewards if we run that certain episode.
    Probably it return as a events so all levels can run that certain episode for low levels CR.
  13. Walvine Well-Known Player

I call for it to be between Sons of Trigon and Atlantis those 2 were the most interesting to play for me.

Prideful is maybe the best armor style in game it goes with almost every thing , Gotham wasteland open map was built from scratch with several walk in instances ,would be nice to see that map expanded.

Atlantis also level designed from scratch using comic reference map including unique swiming movement physic ,would be nice to have the city as standard open map with hq apartment and maybe extention to story mode missions ,apart from knock down physic needing updated so enemy don't drop to floor it's the most original map out of all episodes sofare.
  14. Brit Loyal Player

The Darkseid Raid.
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Difficulty wise yes one of the best ones but amazon fury part 2 ,JLD and atlantis are in the same bracket so it would be difficult to see it getting far having such episodes as opponent early on.
  16. PolarisSylar Committed Player

• Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Define fun, and show me the data on lack of division in any other episode plz.
    Your verbiage is highly subjective.
    Division meaning some couldnt hack it so they quit? Ok, i wasnt one of those an found those raids to be the best ever in my subjective view as i said. Theres no argument to be made otherwise u less its an objective one.
    I can argue TONS of division in prob any episode and tons of fun or the lack of it in prob any episode. Depends on what you define as division an fun.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Start at 1:50.

There was another video that I can't seem to find on when he spoke of actual completion of the raids being very low vs the population of the game. Something like single digit percentage or something.

But your response and our response is the actual definition of division. FYI. You liked the face melting. Others did not. It was enough of a "division" that they went through and gave it 3 balance patches. (First being upping the gear IL and stats.)
    • Like x 2
  19. zNot Loyal Player

All of this is useless if they had a easyier version of the Raid (Novice/regular) the difficulty was good for a Endgame raid even back then people requested difficult raid see how basic this is?

Since we have normal and elite raid versions per episode nowadays such high difficulty raids would be perfect now for Elite raids and popular amongst the players and people get better at the game on top of that the ones that complained back then are now seeking a challenge and are bored of the short and simple Elite raid designs with little and simple boss fights.

How can they do a raid with only one difficulty for Elite and normal players? This whole thing about saying paradox was a unpopular raid is wrong as i said before if it had a easyier version nobody wouldve said that its bad people complain because they couldnt defeat it.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

The raised difficulty request was because T4 was a very long tier. By the time we got to home turf, we were way OP and nothing new was a challenge. The request was valid, but it had nothing to do with easier novice raids. It was because they were stretching the DLCs within the tier.

So instead of doing a step, like they for the first 4 tiers, they did a rocket leap. That was the first problem.
    Then they added twitch reactive one shots. That didn't render for most on the PS3 and some on the PC.
    Then they added enrage timers to everything.
    Then add moving hallways that caused migraines.
    Then add the only progression was doing the two raids.

It was NOT a successful DLC. It drove players away. The paying whales and casuals. They reacted, made it easier and ultimately just left it and learned from it for the DLCs following.

And as much as you like the idea of being beaten to the point where you can't let go of block as a tank, there are a significant number of people that do NOT like that, even in elite. Everyone's feedback is taken into consideration, not just one person's preference.