So PVP is one abandoned heckhole

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darkarl, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Darkarl Active Player

So, I found out there's a few style feats that I still need to finish from the olden days when I still played PVP, so I decided to do some duels, after all, I still have it. But to my surprise I found huge bunch of hacks. What I most found were people who had increased fight speed. They could switch from block to range to lunge much much faster than anyone else can. I tried, I put on staff and two handed, and still I could not switch that fast even as I practiced so myself.

Next, I also found someone who no matter how much you hit, he had resistance, and I'm not talking about shields, I'm talking about complete resistance troughout the entire match.
    Finally and what brought me to start this thread, I found this other guy who basically could grab the orange barrels from the room out of his own hands. I had to go pick up the barrels from a distanced area, but this other fella could literally grab the barrels out of his own hands, and somehow deplete the same barrels in the room.

Now I'm not gonna pretend I care at all about PVP, I'm just missing a few marks, and since the second match with hacks I made up my mind to grind 2nd prizes. But still, I remember a while back when a guy said DCUO should just delete PVP and give away the feats to the players. I was against it because I thought it was unfair to the players. But after this thing, i now know that if there are no hacks involved, then definitely it's already far too leveled in favor of current PVP players for any new player to come and actually try his way up. So if it's this unfair anyways, then might as well give away the feats. like, screw it. I think back of the times PVP was fun, it sure is no longer fun.
    • Like x 1
  2. Aesthete Well-Known Player

I agree, besides the long queues... it's just a hacking-riddled dumpsterfest.

My league is pressuring us to get to at least 98 pvp cr(101 formerly) but it's so difficult doing so in the current state of PVP. I wish they'd just lower the cost of PVP gear and the feat requirements since they clearly have no intentions of fixing it anytime soon.
    • Like x 4
  3. Darkarl Active Player

Yeah, that's the deal, somebody posted on the forums a couple weeks back that devs only fix stuff that's somehow related to money, and since the PVP is mostly played by free players, I doubt they'll go to great lengths to fix it, or that they'll fix it in the first place. Alas, taking that into account, what you just said is perfectly plausible. Somebody said it would be unfair to the players but at this point, it's much more unfair to the old pvp players if they actually leave it as it is.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I still disagree and i personally think you're exaggerating the presence of hacks, sorry. I've played plenty of PvP and at times still do, I've only ever seen a handful of hackers in 10 years.

PvP feats should stay in PvP and if you want them you've got to play.
  5. Noble One Committed Player

the cheating part i agree with the OP. there are plenty ov vids to back up his claims (hell there are vids of people cheating in pve). just because you rarely experience it doesnt mean others dont. i myself just like you have only met a handful while doing pvp for the years ive been here. BUT i still know full well that there are way more then a handful of cheaters in pvp.

i still to this day remember people abusing the legends stats (and characters) in pvp both and out of the arena lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Honestly, I'm more concerned with how badly the powers are balanced than with hackers.

Mental trolls, fire and atomic tanks, and healers need to be checked. The power spam isn't cool either.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Of course they're out there but the feeling I get from this thread is that we're justifying the "giving away of feats" to "hackers are in every game I play", that's easily not true.
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You cant compare feats designed to be done with a population 60% larger and PvP active (with the devs doing pvp tournaments every 2 or 3 weeks) to the hole PvP is right now. I almost never manage to get a 5v5 in decent time and dont see a 8v8 pop for months, unless you get 15 people to throw hundreds of times in a row, you just cant get the feats.

Its like expecting players to do all 5250 lpve feats when there are bounties to farm for hours everyday and op items to collect when the feats were designed for a game that had 1 hour of daily episode gameplay.

Some feats need a rework or to be handled to players somehow, its just impossible to do all of them the way the game is rn.
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

That's why I always advocate for the devs to fix things or improve things or motivate people to play through bonus marks or running special events to encourage participation.

This thread came up a while back and I said in that one, but will keep it brief in this one, there's better ways to motivate people and help people get feats, even in pvp that doesn't involve just handing it all out for free :)
  10. Zydelo New Player

All that can be hoped for is that this coming year will be the long awaited, overdue PvP overhaul that will correct well intentioned attempts and bring us back to a competitive but fun experience.
    • Like x 1
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

There is only one way to fix pvp and thats another revamp because stats revamp killed the game. It also killed pve till they noticed and added artifacts. They got alot of hate on them for adding artifacts to the game. All it did was break powers even more so now we need another revamp which should bring pvp back.
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

No, the stats revamp did not kill it. What it did was make it difficult for new players to get into end-game content without having to run lots of old stuff to get feats and get their SPs up. Artifacts are a crutch and give a huge boost to new players but the effect seems to level of for high-end players who've been on for a long time and are at 450+ SP. They also seem to favor certain powers... whether intentional or not (for example, Electric healers with Purple Healing Ray at 200 barely need a controller, if at all... Source Shard works far better for Sorcery's Fury and Guardian and does not help Earth's Crystal anywhere near as much).

What needs to be done is the importance of SP and doing feats needs to be reestablished... or the artifacts should be doing A LOT more for people when they have a lot of SP, thus magnifying the difference instead of bumping up the lower folks to the same level.
  13. Noble One Committed Player

the only thing is the devs have made it very clear that they will not touch pvp. and in the shape its in i SLIGHTLY (ever so slightly) lean to giving CERTAIN feats away as the pvp community in not great. but still that 100% up to the devs.

BUT, there is a but, i do agree with you as if the devs made even a small effort in doing something for pvp then these threads wouldnt exist. really they should do what they did for legends and make it bonus x100 or something for earning towards pvp feats.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely, unfortunately there position at the moment is to just do nothing, entirely their prerogative but equally entirely frustrating for the players.

I know why you want the feats handed out, i really do, it's annoying to sit there and look at them knowing some aspects are out of your control.

It's a slippery slope to start though cause once you do it with pvp feats, what's next?
    • Like x 1
  15. SuperBell Loyal Player

I'm surprised, after months of bonus weeks, we haven't had a PVP week. We had a Legends PVE event with bonus feats, and it was one of the best weeks I ran.

Seriously, if PVP is going to be completely abandoned, at least give us one last hurrah to finish feats, styles, and cross style unlocking.
  16. Darkarl Active Player

Daw Man I completely missed that week. I would have loved to dust off my Harley and take her for a ride.
    Still, I think everyone makes a pretty decent point in here. It's pretty clear to everyone that it does need some adjustment, the times when large groups of players could compete with healer troll dps and tanks mechanics on 8vs8 matches in ¿Africa? (Why was that a thing?) and push their combat skills to the limit have long passed. Now you'd be lucky if you even found a single 4v4 match. But like someone said before, devs only change stuff when it means cash for them. And PVP is completely free, and should remain that way. So I can't say I will care for PVP anytime soon.

I do find it pretty hard to believe there are players that don't find many hackers when even the olden players tell me that was the reason they stopped playing PVP.

Specially after I only spent one day after years in it and I did notice like a ton of them, particularly speedhacks, then the next day, that player came out on Yb with a list of likely speedhackers, and that same day, I finished the rest of my pending feats, and like I said on OP, I was focusing on losing, always staying out the ring, spamming precision range, not even trying, and not only did I not see any hacker that specific day, I was even kicking their ***** while basically trying to lose. Heck, I even won a round after I got sick of how crappy that player was against my only move. So I do find that awfully sus.
  17. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah I have a thread about expressing my frustrations trying to get through all the sets just to get a single style I want (Expert Marksmen back style) for one single toon and how excessive the grind is. Since then I haven't really worked on it in a good while and have been feeling like I really need to get back to it but legit dreading doing so. Though someone in the Discord has suggested we get together and trade wins to get that currency.

Also, in my thread, one person was all "well of course you have to work for it, no handouts" and I'm just like where did I ever say anything against working for something in and of its self? This is just about a particular thing's grind being excessive..... it's not a matter of two extremes.... we can make the grind more reasonable without just removing it entirely. I'm literally playing an MMORPG, a type of game all about working for stuff. I know what the game is, lol. But too much of that takes the fun out of it and balance is key, as with anything in a video game. Asking for that balance and asking for a handout and the thing to just be given to me are not the same, my guy. You're arguing against something I never said, lmao. I'm perfectly willing to work for it, just don't want it to be miserable work. I've worked for things in this game plenty. Maybe this person is the type that gets all defensive about anyone having anything made even slightly easier for them after they've worked for it.... even though I'd still be working for it......

I had a similar experience trying to get those Damian boots. I did as much Titans content as possible a day across like 3 toons for at least a month just trying to get the collection for it and never made any progress aside from one piece a buddy happened to get and sent me and it was infuriating. But then the Valentines event gave us the boots of diamonds and it was like a godsend. Didn't really want the diamonds on them, but it didn't really matter since I made them black due to the character I needed them for having a black and red color scheme, so the pattern didn't show anyway. It was like an answered prayer, lol (even came during my birthday month as if by fate). It would be awesome if a similar thing happened here or if the set got put into promethium lockboxes, which are how I got all of the Gotham Knight set. Major fantasy of mine.
    • Like x 1