The Wish List Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cordelia, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I'm in the mood for wish lists, since the world is pretty dark at the moment. Here's my self-imposed rules (you don't have to follow them, obviously): Keep it simple, keep it specific ("fix pvp" isn't useful - "remove pvp gear and base pvp on pve gear instead" might be), don't be afraid of silly, don't be afraid of "impossible" as something that truly is impossible might inspire ideas that are not so difficult.

So, here are some of my goofy wishes:

* New base pets:
    --- Dex-Starr (Red Lantern cat)
    --- Olympian lions
    --- Harley Quinn Hyenas
    --- Owls
    --- More cats
    --- More dogs
    --- Any and all Silver Age pets/interdimensional beings (Bat-Mite, anyone?)

* Banana dual pistols - I don't even use dual pistols and I want to see this in the game.

* Condiment King Theme styles

* The ability to place amenities freely in a base

* Base items:
    --- Card table with pizza, big belly burger bag and other snacks on it (alternately, the ability to place items in bases on top of other items... probably too difficult to program *sigh*)
    --- Full wall aquarium with sea life/piranha
    --- Pool with Sharks
    --- More windows with different views

* Ability to only accept group invites from friends

* Ability to only accept group invites from Leaguemates

* Account-wide ignore/friends (all my toons ignore/friend other person's toon)

* Ability to add emotes to a character (extra dances and such) - I would expect this to either be a perk of membership or something that could be purchased in the marketplace

* Collection sorting overhaul: Base Game/Global, Episodes, Time Capsule, Seasonals

* Completed collections drop to bottom of list, new collections at top (like feats)

* Ability to search collections

* Indication of collection reward that isn't just an icon

* Ability to completely turn off PVP (no accidental fight invitations)

* Base sorting/searching in teleporter

* Event/Theme t-shirts for characters in marketplace (100 DBC for a "Year of the Villain" or "DCeased" logo shirt, for example)

* Reorganizations of Styles in feats list: base game, episode styles, time capsule styles

* Ability to search for styles in feats list

* More purely cosmetic items in marketplace. Single pieces of gear rather than full sets. Some of the NPC outfits could be added as 100 DBC items.

* Ability to see if you have a style from an unopened style box so we don't keep collecting styles we already have

* Ability to archive/hide base items we don't plan on using

* Ability to archive/hide currency that's not in use (like seasonal currency)

* If we are going to have open-world bounties, there needs to be *something* to do when a bounty is quickly defeated and people are waiting for the next one - mini-games? pre-bounty adds to defeat for some sort of reward? Maybe a puzzle to solve? Dance party?

Thread rules (you don't have to follow them, obviously): Don't attack other people's ideas without constructive criticism, don't say "that's impossible" (because we already know it might be), try to add your own ideas rather than tear down others, stay on topic with specific wishes and not general nonsense (no "make raids harder!", instead say "I think you should add *specific mechanic idea* to raids to make them more challenging"), be kind even if someone's idea is stupid (like many of mine are).
    • Like x 5
  2. zNot Loyal Player

My wishlist:

1.Reducing openworld Bountys to one boss only per episode the system can remain and people can still do them and devs have more time for Raids/alerts/solos content.

2. two raids per episode,First One being a long raid (like Power core raid) per episode (short raids are boring!) Elite & normal versions

3. being able to adjust difficulty ourself (via sub/sidebosses) on the Second Elite raid per one episode (similar design to Paradox/ultimate soldier Raid) Elite & normal versions

4. Seals of presevation or completion drop chance on Raids/Alerts even if its not reset.

5. When creating a episode,Open world aesthetics and size should be limited and re-used maps to have more time for Raids/alerts/solos. The current dlc is the perfect example of this big fancy openworld with very little Raid/instance based content.i dont pay membership to look at the openworld but to play the instances (mainly Raids) the way they ( the raids) look and are designed is far more important to me then the openworld.
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd like to see a "style" choice added to unattuned and scaling gear boxes, where you get a style piece (similar to what drops in the Vault and from Promethium Lockboxes) instead of a piece of gear.

And along those same lines, I wouldn't mind being able to do something with already-collected styles from the Vault/Lockboxes other than delete them. Maybe a recycling device for bases where you get a random style piece after feeding the device a certain number of Vault/Lockboxes items, or something similar.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

NPCs for our Bases and League Halls!
    • Like x 2
  5. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Oooh, I like that idea! So you can collect styles without worrying about CR. While I'd settle for just knowing whether or not I *have* the style, this is a good thought!

I've often wished for some sort of "garbage collector" machine that could take random scrap and turn it into something cool. All the useless vault styles, the various pieces of dropped junk... enough of them and you get something like a new vault ticket, or maybe even a stabilizer or something.

I do like this idea. I never really thought of Paradox and Ultimate Soldier as being "adjust the difficulty" raids for players, but that's exactly what they are and they work very well that way. Having raids where you can do them piecemeal or tackle everything all at once for a bigger challenge is a good idea, and adds to the longevity of the raid.

Slightly unrelated, I personally LOVE open world content - particularly the solo stuff that can also be done in a group if you want, like the last two DLCs. I don't care if they reuse maps (unlike some folks), and would in fact love to revisit some places (open world Gotham Zoo? would that even work?). But I also like raids and I like the idea of having two solid raids per DLC, although I'm one of the few people playing this game who would be fine without any raids. My ideal sort of DLC would be like Sons of Trigon: an interesting and vast open world with multiple solo missions to accomplish, walk-ins for the duos so they can also be accomplished solo if you want a challenge (I did, and I completed them at level solo!) and one solid piece of larger group content. I think something like Sons of Trigon with two raids instead of an alert would be perfect - even with a reused map. Again, just my opinion. The player base for this game is surprisingly diverse, so I suspect a lot of folks wouldn't agree.

I think that leads to another wish list item: Walk-ins for any content that could be completed solo. I love running stuff solo. It means I can play all the time without relying on other folks or dealing with strangers.
  6. Cordelia Well-Known Player

On that line, the ability to skin/dress sidekicks or minions ourselves using our own collected style items.
    • Like x 4
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

This was something of a holdover idea from my time in Star Wars Galaxies. At one point they introduced a home Sarlaac monster as a base item, and once a day you could feed it a collection item (possibly junk loot as well, can't remember for sure). After a certain number of feedings you had to, um....clean the Sarlaac's sandbox and would get a random collection item as a reward. LOL

I don't think we'd need to get THAT creative or...biological with a style recycler, but I think it'd be an interesting thing to add. The big question would be how big or small the style pool would be (the styles connected to episodes you have to pay for could be problematic, I think).
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

I feel like a lot of stuff I wanted already happened, (Thanagar and Hawkgirl in Metal II, Grail's appearance and style, etc). But I would love to see a Superman Council lol. Also, maybe some JSA content. And a long time wish of mine is a new Lantern related episode.
    • Like x 1
  9. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

1. PvP update. Gameplay and content. It has been neglected for years.

2. More trenchcoat styles.

3. Martian Manhunter DLC.

4. More Static, Batgirl, and Green Arrow.

5. Captain Atom, Emiko Queen, Red Hood, Killer Moth, and Firefly added to game.
    • Like x 4
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Removal or reduction of the "slow down in combat" feature for when we are flying past adds that can barely damage us. C'mon, it's like a speck of dust slowing down an armored car!

The ability to mirror your characters so you can be left-handed.

The ability to get a teleporter through in game playing, like a collection.

Did I mention more cats as base pets?
    • Like x 4
  11. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Enhanced OG emblems, you know the ones you can get in the basement of the Watchtower but enhanced. Seems like a simple request. Also customizable sidekicks, any style you’ve unlocked applied to the side kick. Just another tab in the style menu fir that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A new Flash suit not unlike what they just did with the Spyral Operative. :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Vella Well-Known Player

Bring back Prec based powers. Oh, and let us use two generators if we have two bases for a max of 8 Gen mods per colour.
    • Like x 1
  14. ACLife Active Player

Cordelia, I love all of your ideas above. Most of them have crossed my mind a time or two. Thank you for putting them down so eloquently.
    - Orbitals, trinkets, and henchmen purchased or dropped from content and subsequently consumed get added to the Mod Base dispenser (to give more space in inventory)
    - ability to have more armory switching than just 4. I think the numberpad on a keyboard would be just a perfect start.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cordelia Well-Known Player

This would save a lot of annoyances, methinks. It's a great idea!

I'd also like to see more bases - the various types of bases as all three sizes: dive, lair and lair w/extra room. I'd like to see theme bases for each power, as well.

And the ability to place more items in league halls. I'm sure there's a league hall out there that desperately needs more Aphrodite statues.
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Thanks for mentioning the Spyral Operative pack. I had no idea. I saw the pic and just assumed it was only the belt or something because those pics don't exactly get descriptive.

I watched your video to find out what it was and I LOVE this. I really want them to do more packs like these as collection rewards. I'd prefer doing the massive expensive collections if I got a full set (2 pieces but whatever) instead of a single style item. I REALLY want to see them do more of these BUT they have to communicate what these are better. If noone knows they exist or what they are, people aren't going to make the effort to get them.
    • Like x 1
  17. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Did I mention more cat base pets?

I would also like to see an Olympian lion combat pet of some sort. I wonder if I'm alone in that?

For seasonals, I would love to see more items that work like the Teekl buckets. Something that drops from combat that we can put into an item and get a random thing from the seasonal. I would like to see one for each seasonal - like Christmas stockings, or a box of valentine chocolates, or a cooler for the summer one. I love the chance to get random items.

Speaking of random, wouldn't it be neat to have more things drop in the vault than styles? Like a random rare collection item, as rare as the movement mode gear? I'm not sure that goes on my wish list, per se, but it would be an interesting addition.

I'd also like a way to "reset" the tutorial missions so that I could run through them again in order - all the leveling missions to level 30. Basically a way to replay the original game with the original guidance without making a new character. I feel like those missions were great fun and a neat narrative, and worth revisiting.
    • Like x 1
  18. Isif Committed Player

Definitely a more stylish version of the tinfoil hat. Even better a tinfoil material.:D
    • Like x 1
  19. Cordelia Well-Known Player

The ability to remove the sorcery "aura" when Fury is out. Seriously, we have plenty of awesome auras, can we remove that one?
    • Like x 1
  20. Cordelia Well-Known Player

• Like x 1