You guys REALLY need to learn how to use the broker..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TomShepard, Nov 17, 2020.

1. TomShepard Active Player

yh

Yeah i see what you mean,but if you dont have enough money woudnt it make more sense to just sell few more items,you know wait till you get more money then selling it?I mean..it does matter the end of the day to get 230m or 450m..everybody likes to have more money.And i dont mean overpricing i mean you know thats the correct price.This has happened to me few times when i couldnt post things and had no listing money so i waited and sold few things like detectors then sold the chroma for 300 instead of 800000..
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There is no such thing as "the correct price", there is what the market will bear. If people will only pay 40mil for a given item, it doesn't matter if you personally believe it should or could sell for 100mil. The market sets the price.

As for waiting to sell an item at a higher price, maybe the seller doesn't have the time or inclination to wait. Maybe this is the highest selling item they can part with. If someone used their free keys to open 2 boxes and the Smoke Chroma drops, but what they really really want is the entire Raven Set (regular and enhanced), they might sell the chroma now for whatever they can list it at and then get what they really desire. Just because you or I enjoy making big bucks doesn't mean everybody else is "wrong" for selling for less.

Personally i'm ok when people undercut like that....makes it easier for me to snatch up what I need.
    • Like x 7
  3. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

lol, get over it. Who buys the highest priced item anywhere?!
    • Like x 3
  4. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Wow....Does forum a rosetta stone function? Breaking this post down may take a life time.
  5. L T Devoted Player

heh-- I had someone try to sell it to me for 2 billion last week in a private trade!
    • Like x 1
  6. Walvine Well-Known Player

Irony to all the over pricing in broker is that only subscribers can use it , looking at opesite spectrum of common smaller value items like collection pieces ,Now subscribers maybe unaware of this but with out escrow item premium members are restricted to spend limit 3,000 while f2p are like 2,000.
    The broker has never recovered from the gold exploit , As soon as any non sub put any thing like collection into broker since a greedy sub will buy it and resell out side the premiums escrow , before the gold exploit broke the broker collections used to be as low as 500 to 2,000 each.

Since then I either delete all "already read" collections or drop them into league banks and ignore broker entirely because their is no purpose to support it any more ,And for rare items I do item trade for trade since and managed to get all I've needed with out issue , Remember folks what inventory item you maybe see as junk to you maybe something othere player may need for their character and could have junk of their own you need to trade for.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

FTFY

I agree, on the switch, I don't even bother reselling any collections I've already collected and I'm legendary now on there. I just delete and walk away.
    • Like x 2
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Reading this post sure has made me want to post all the rare stuff and catalyts dirt cheap tho. Also reminds me why I'd rather delete or giveaway rare collections to friends. Players have absolutely destroyed this games economy and insist on somehow making it worse. Gonna just equip all these rare chromas I've been hording, wouldn't want to let someone that will actually use it/ really really wants it to not have to part with a billion dollhairs
    • Like x 2
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

IT'S CALLED COMPETITION!!! It's exactly the same as when Wal*Mart or Amazon massively undercuts their competitors on the price of an item to take the sales from the competition. THAT'S HOW CAPITALISM-BASED FREE MARKETS WORK!!

Also, not everyone HAS enough money on-hand for the listing fees to sell an item for, say, $500 million, so sometimes, we list it for the maximum we can AFFORD to list it for! :p

Again, IT'S JUST BUSINESS! DEAL WITH IT! :p
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes! So many times I'll see something priced way to low and then I feel compelled to buy it and put it back on the broker. It's so annoying.
    • Like x 4
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Supply and Demand.

The Smoke Chroma is brand new.... it is freekin Rare (less then 1% chances to drop)..... and it looks awesome so the Demand is very High.

So the equation is simple....
    Brand New + Rare item+ High Demand = $1B or more

Billy's Tiger Backpack is pretty rare at this point and the demand for the Crown is pretty high.
    So again.... the equation is simple....
    Rare collection + High demand Item = $1B or more

Just because the Smoke Chroma seems to be worth $1B+ right now....You cannot expect every Chroma to sell for $500M.

A lot of Chromas are worth less then $100M.
    Some are worth less then $10M.

If you ask $500M for an item just because it is a Chroma.... no wonder if people undercut you.
    If people constantly undercut you.... maybe you overvalue what items are worth on the Broker?

I have to ask.... Which Chroma did you try to sell for $500M?
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

People who pay WAY TOO MUCH for their cars, jewelry, and clothes because of the brand name on them! :rolleyes:
  13. TomShepard Active Player

I know Multi..supply and demand.I've learnt this system years ago,but its still b.s.Again,got used to this but if youre really being honest..you play a game and 1 collection piece is 1b??You cannot tell me its right.It is not,but it is what it is.

About smoke:if its 1bill straight out of the bat what do you think how many ppl will get it??Once the tcs is off its gonna go for 2-5bills in trade chat-i've gotten used to the rare thing getting 1 bill and up but come on now,at least give ppl a chance to obtain it in the 1st round.Now where are all of the "i post it for 300m because i felt thats the right price"?

Also,i wrote this few times but nobody seems to read it:the 500m was just an example guys.I did not try to sell chroma for 500m just told a short story so ppl can see whats my problem is.Fact is that i have some older chromas i try to sell but ppl undercut me whih is fine.But happened to me sooooooo many times i tried to sell and gut undercutted by 50-80% percent in the past waaaay too many ttimes + i also seen this with others tried to sell something then got angry because same thing kept happening to them.So i feel like lots of us are annoyed by this(including me ofc) thats why i posted thhis.
    Again,i did not try to sell anything for 500m,that was just example.And i made up the numbers.It could be 100m and someone puts up his for 20m and so on..
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You'd think the player base would have learnt their lesson by now about auras and chromas, the devs will release a mirror image with a different name that floods the market. So anyone paying over $10mil for one is going to get burned eventually
    • Like x 2
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

1) your listing prices r too high?
    2) we r attempting to make $ an want a quick guaranteed sell?
    3) we dont wanna squeeze the community for all we can?

(Just a few examples of why we undercut u so bad since you clearly ranted in your OP about being doing on purpose with ill intent)

Stop an think my friend, no ones out to get you. No one even cares if u sell or dont care and theres MASSIVE flaw in your thinking i will kindly explain.
    You are openly upset about being undercut by large %. But whats the result of this? It means theirs sells and yours does not. You are suggesting we need to learn how to use the broker an undercut you by only small %’s (as if that was your decision to make). What is the result of this? It means theirs sells and yours does not. So for you, the result is identical so WHY DO YOU CARE???
    Let me put it in math prob form
    You post for X, I post for X - 80% that = mine sells/yours doesnt
    You post for X, I post for X - 1% that = (wait for it) mine sells/yours doesnt

No matter what, if i undercut u, mine sells and yours does not sooooo the issue is you beaing undercut NOT by how much.
    Digest that and get back to us my friend.
    • Like x 1
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

It's all about choices, isn't it? If you choose to use the broker like the stock market and use it as a means to accumulate in-game money, then that is YOUR choice. If someone else decides to price their items lower than you did to make inventory room or just to get rid of stuff, then that is THEIR choice.

I routinely hold $1 collection piece sales, especially during the release of new content and during seasonal events. This includes time capsule collection pieces; I will place them on the broker for $1 after I have passed them out to all of my main characters, no matter how rare they are. The highest price I have sold something for was 50mil for a Sparking Material (original) earlier this year. It is MY choice to use the broker this way, as I am willing to farm items, hoard items and don't have a need to make billions of in game money, as "playing the broker" is not part of game progression.

So, fair warning; that 500mil chroma would be undercut by me if I had the same one and I would sell it for 20mil or less. Why? Because 20mil is enough in-game money for me to work with.
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Happily, in an unregulated free market economy, such as the DCUO trading system is, it is the market itself that sets the value of an item, not any particular individual, no matter how many toys they throw out of their pram.

If I were selling an item for 500m and was confident that this was a realistic asking price, and someone else listed one for 120m, I would buy theirs, not come on the forum to cry. If 500m wasn’t a realistic asking price, then getting massively undercut comes with the territory of trying to sell items at unrealistic prices, and I’ve factored multiple listing fees into my strategy.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I know, I always just undercut everything by $1
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

If there is 1 vynil chroma for 900mil in the broker I'll laugh at the guy and undercut him by 90%, just because I know nobody is buying a ****** chroma for almost a bil and dont want to lose my deposit, thats how the market works.

Some items will go up to 1bil because they are rare. You may need to pay $100-200 to get a billy or a neon pack in the capsules, the vynil is less than $3. Once the item is gone the prices go up, like the 40's cars you see irl going for so much. Indeed it is a problem, but has nothing to do with the broker and you overpricing items.
  20. Noble One Committed Player

i undercut...

ALL.
    THE.
    TIME.

do i care? no.
    can i afford to go higher? yes.
    but will i? no. (see my first point)

if i see you put something at 500 mil and dont think its worth that. THEN I PUT THE PRICE I WANT! and yes i undercut to make things affordable and to get my money faster. i could careless what you may "THINK" its worth, I think of the person that wants to buy that item at an affordable amount.

so back to the point people who undercut usually dont care and want their money faster. also it helps the economy since it gets things selling for cheaper and affordable for all. but hey keep selling stuff at whatever you want, people WILL undercut you.
    • Like x 1