Long Live the legion feedback/ general content feedback. When will Bounty grind stop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea for sure, thats why i said cost in the vendor is a whole dif animal haha
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

:p

I like how some of the NPCs in some content reference this as well as some of the metas.

For example some of the NPCs in this episode talk about flurry shot and that it needs a nerf :O

There are also some of the Teen Titans on Titans Island that talk about how certain things are 'OP'

It's the little things that count :p You guys take some feedback from the forums and use it as an Easter egg in a later episode via NPC or iconic talking.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

I may repeat myself abit but i still wanna say this because if these things what im writing here get implemented in a episode im so sure it would be such a amazing experience for almost all players.

Im sure We dont need a survival mode you know why? If we had 2 Raids per episode which would be like this,

1.if we had a difficult Elite raid like a paradox raid (smaller sized map) per episode that in itself is difficult and can be adjusted even more difficult by us (sidebosses) etc, such a raid design would keep a Raid longterm challenging and also popular (rewards should increase based on choosen difficulty)

2.And the second Raid being a long one with interesting challenging tasks and also challenging bosses like we had in Power core aswell i hope the devs can go back to it get inspired etc and implement some of the difficult mechanics and mini-tasks(like transporting a stone) and fights and adjust it to the upcoming Raids.

If we get such Raid content per episode with 4 -5 challenging Boss fights each Raid and if we get these 2 raids per episode do you think we still need survival mode? I doubt that.

The reason why people ask for survival mode is because they arent happy with the Elite raids and this ofcourse also applies to regular raids since a raid will be fun doesnt matter if we talk about normal or elite raid this concept and design will benefit casual and endgame players and keep both interested in playing a Episode.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Just having 2 raids isn't the answer to having an awesome DLC, nor is focusing all development effort on elite content.

Difficulty is as subjective to some players enjoyment as immersion, storytelling and the like

People enjoy the content for rafts of different reasons.

I agree there needs to be 2 raids, but you don't just let everything else go to the dogs because you're so worried about raiding.

The reason people ask for SM is because it's a special event that also provides a meaningful challenge as well as unique rewards and bragging rights, if that's what you're in to, it's not just about the status of any elite content at any given time.

Personally I'd like to see more SMs or even a permanent rotating SM so elite players have a more meaningful place to go at all times to flex that way there will be less bickering between players and the SM can literally just go up in levels forever until players are statistically crushed, see how far you get. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

RABID BUNNY ATTACKS CONFIRMED!
  6. zNot Loyal Player

The reason why i mainly talk about raids is because they already do good solos,alerts content etc so there is no point for me to talk about that.

You are wrong, Raids are the main part of a episode to me and many others and are a major factor when it comes to the popularity of a dlc.
    If the Raid isnt enjoyable that makes the whole episode for me not enjoyable.

So you say SM provides a meaningfull challenge? Yea you die 10 times and get picked back up in single boss fight?
    Elite raids are different, have more potential and can do and should be better.

That was the whole point to make Elite raids the way i described them so there is no need for a SM.

And unique rewards? These rewards should be in the Elite raid instead,SM is a event and should never be priority at any time over a Elite raid aka episode.

Also storytelling has nothing to do with difficulty and the difficulty is a seperate topic which cant be a topic now since such raid isnt on test server yet.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

There are many people that don't like certain small content, some is great, some isn't, it's highly subjective and it feels like you're just brushing that aside because your focus is raids and believing all small content is great lends to your position that more focus is needed on raids.

All content deserves to meet a quality threshold and not all small content in this game has been great and equally so for raids.

You can't just say me and numerous others believe xyz in order to ignore the fact others also entirely disagree in part or in whole.

In terms of difficulty, whether people like it or not Elite content in the game airways has to meet a difficulty level, the developers choose that difficulty level based in feedback and internal parameters they choose, that means some players will never be happy with how hard it is or how easy it is.

You can't buff elite content so only the very best players in game can beat it, that's because as you'll no doubt know there are some incredibly skilled players and seeing the bar high enough to challenge them gates possibly more others than you intended the content to gate. You also can't nerf it so is easy enough to beat without executing skill and precision, that's always a balancing act.

There are people that misconstrue what I say on this topic to be a request for easy elite content, trust me that isn't the case, it is however a realisation that difficulty is always set somewhere and this applies all the way down to event content.

The developers ultimately decide how hard the game needs to be, not the players. ;)

With Survival mode however no such precaution is necessary, you can simply scale it into infinty so it just gets more and more difficult regardless of any other considerations.

The very best players will always have that sky is the limit goal without having to worry about any other commercial factors or development view on difficulty ;)

Hence 24/7 SM.
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

If you think there are issues with solos go make your thread i dont agree with you and im happy with the Solos and duos aswell as alerts and this also has nothing to do with my post. Since when should a solo or small content be equally adjusted like a raid that takes more time and effort to create and adjust? Raids arent the same as a solo and cannot be compared or be equal how can you make a solo and a raid equal? The raid will always take more time and effort then a simple solo!

I said to have a concept what Paradox had so the ones that are really good can do the most difficult version possible of the elite raid and get rewarded for that. Why would we need a SM then? And yes SM also needs to be possible for people too then with a precaution,you say they can make SM unlimited hard? Thats not the case.

Are you really sure? Ofcourse we do decide how hard it should be! why else are we giving feedback?
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Thats just your opnion. Elite and SM have nothing to do with each other. Sm is a event for cosmetic rewards and bragging rights, its a plus for the episode. Elite is just another piece of content that would exist anyway but a little harder.

SM has almost no difficulty limit (except for like the top 32 players across 4 servers), while elite is limited by a quantity of players having to beat it so the money returns
    • Like x 2
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Thats your opinion.

SM is a event i dont think they should make such a event for a small handfull of players why? Because compared to it Elite Raids are part of a episode and generate income is a SM gonna do that? its just a playground for 32 players to flex and for bragging aswell as some cosmetic items? Sorry this luxury isnt possible and i hope this wont come back, i mean people arent happy with the elite raids which we pay for and you expect a SM event so you can have a cosmetic item aswell as something to brag with?

My advices for the Raids are for normal and Elite and will benefit most players that play them and the difficulty can be another topic once such raids are on test server. The devs are capable of making very hard elite raids want a example? Ultimate solider Elite.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Looks at thread title... Doesn't say "Raids only"....

My point is that small content matters to people just as much as large content, you seem and apologies if this isn't your intent, quite dismissive of anyone that doesn't equally share your passion for large raids.

I'm not bagging your idea, in fact I'm not even saying I disagree with it, and don't take that to mean I'm just arguing with you for the sake of it, I'm not, I'm merely pointing out and vocalizing the thoughts of another group.

All content is important and deserves the appropriate attention, that is all, we can't focus so much on raids to the extent other content suffers cause that just starts to impact players as well.

As for SM, I'm talking about there would be no end, it starts off easy, it then becomes statistically impossible, how far you get is purely based on your skill in pushing the limits of that statistical impossibility at any point in time.

There's real bragging rights in that ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

When cosmetics are exclusive to a game mode they very much do become bragging rights for all people that care about such things.

SM can also be heavily monetized through the use of rare drops and a mark currency using replays, did you miss what they did last time?

It is the far better place to make truly challenging content that will challenge even the very best players in the game ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I didnt really give my opnion lol, I said a plus because its not anything already included in the episode schedule. And said it has a limit for the 32 guys (random number) who can beat round 30 without silly strategies not that its designed or played for/by 32 ppl.

Now giving my opnion. Yes they should make it and they should evolve the model so more players can enjoy it and pay for it as well.
    Elite raids are just normal content but harder, if they wanted to make longer raids (which I have nothing agaisnt) then they would have done it already, elite or not. Its just not something common this days to join a game and spend 4 hours in a raid like in 2013. Having more content over longer content seems to be more appreciated, although I miss 5 boss raids like FOS and Dox
    • Like x 1
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I didnt say my thread i said my post which was where you replied and wasnt about solos i know the title says general content.

I didnt say solos arent imoprtant so i dont see why you are talking about them?

SM gets harder as you get to a next boss? This same concept can be applied to Elite raids.
  15. zNot Loyal Player

You basically just talk about difficulty in SM which everytime just the same boring fight with harder hitting bosses and no real interesting concept.

Im saying that before we ask about a SM we should get proper elite raids. SM is a event not a episode If as you last time was so great why did they not introduce it in again?
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Elite bosses just differ wildly every time, they're certainly not first boss easy and so forth and probably never have been.

The reason elite probably won't ever be hard enough to challenge the very best players is because they're not just selling elite to the very best, they're selling it to a wider range of players because they want the money return, which is what Kneel also said to you.

Groups for example speed feating elite are obviously better than elite players just getting by, the devs aren't going to necessarily raise the difficulty level to give the speed featers more of a challenge, despite the fact they'll often be the first to scream "buff it". They're just simply not going to cut the larger group of players out, no matter how many people start going "noob, git gud".

Again, to beat a dead horse it seems, SM has no such requirement, everyone knows what's involved, everyone knows theirs no ceiling, it's designed specifically with the purpose of ultimately challenging all players.

People keep asking for it, for a reason.

In terms of my discussion about small content, the reason I'm raising it is because you seem adamant a success of a DLC is driven entirely from a raid experience, in short Im telling you, i believe that's incorrect.

They could have the best raids in the world, but if everything else is crap, many players won't like it. :)
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Just a curious question, why do you get to define "proper elite raid"?

What's wrong specifically with all the others, go through them, what was your favorite and why, what was your worst and why?

However be prepared for others to feel differently
    • Like x 1
  18. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

You and the other guy need to stop comparing this game as it is not to paradox. Its not the same game anymore. Its a completely different community, a much smaller community, a very different company in charge of the game and a completely different dev team. Reminiscing is different, but saying we should have raids like that is not productive. Because the other guy is the same (I won't say his name because it might be considered blacklisting), he constantly compares everything to Paradox. Yet 7 years later, he still doesn't realize what everyone else does, its not the same game. Please stop using Paradox Wave as a measuring stick or gold standard. You have to realize that according to the devs at the time, that raid caused a lot of people to quit. Designing content around the group of people that actually got EO/speedfeat EO before it was nerfed is not productive. That raid is where I cut my teeth as it were sure, but I also realize that very very few people (compared to the rest of the population) actually completed EO before it was nerfed or before WotL P1.
    • Like x 3
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Something good to remember. The hit caused by dox and nexus on the community caused the biggest population drop in the game's history according to steam charts. More than 30% of the population quit and they had to do the free membership event to get people back, but even then they only managed to recovery 10% of the lost players and the game never managed to hit the avg population prior to dox. It was a harder hit than zoo and by that time we had 3 new powers coming up back to back.

I like the idea of harder raids, but if they are so hard players quit. Thats why we need diversity over long raids
    • Like x 2
  20. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Agreed, I forgot to mention that population loss. I was just talking about that with friends earlier.
    • Like x 2