Fed up with unfinishable and expensive collections!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

There are really fed up with this ultra-rare collection practice in DCUO and if some of them are on sale they are sometimes at astronomically absurd prices !!!

I would like to be able to finish the collections and above all to be able to get the omnipotent stuff when it is needed and not once the CR is no longer profitable to use this kind of piece.

Even a subscriber player who hasn't had a hard time getting this kind of coin would have to come back down to earth, gentlemen developers, it's all very well to give feats to do, but if you can't finish them, it's useless to make feats like that !
    • Like x 11
  2. Extinction Active Player

Yup, I loathe these unfinished collections with abysmal chances, it's a worst issue than the breakthroughs on artifacts, I'm lost at words and totally dissatisfied
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The 2 worst ideas of DCUO and which scared away a considerable number of players on this game!
    • Like x 1
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

This is what happens when you have a system in the game for each set of gear regular gear elite gear end op gear. The devs didnt think much about all that. Maybe soon they will give everyone the feats for free for the op collections and elite gear. They will some how open there eyes to the extreme mess they've left new players and old ones. They should and most definitely will have gear experience based where we gain exp for koing instead of marks for gear. That way nobody is stuck playing end game anymore we can do all content like the good old days. They have the right idea with the new op gear right now. but putting the exp for the op gear in the bounties wasn't the right idea at all. It was a missed opportunity to bring back old content
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Theres a post right under this one basically saying everything on the broiler should cost even more. So that's something
  6. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I would like to respectfully disagree and I will explain why. While I do understand where you are coming from, I don't mind the feats for the Elite and OP gear. They choose to put in the extra effort to do the elite alerts and raids to get the renown to get the extra "currency" to be able to attain them, so I am ok with the feats attached....Its a lot of work, they legitimately earned them.

Yes, it is frustrating to not be able to finish a collection and the pieces you need are on the broker for some stupid amount, but honestly the reward for half of the ones I am missing is something stupid I don't really want and have no feats attached. The ones I DO have an issue with are the ones locked behind the DCUO Money Grab...errr...I mean Time Capsules.
    • Like x 1
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

But you do understand that anything like elite content like alerts raids and this one.... sm survival mode all the people beating this and getting those marks and gear are simply beating it all with one simple loadout/artifact or weapon and we can't forget about which powers are off the wall op. So elite and sm should not even be in the game anymore. those 90% players who have the sm and what not are probably speed hackers or exporting powerful powers weapon artifacts. The point of elite and sm is 100% useless dcuo will always be unbalanced
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

On the broiler? You just cooked that one up, didn't you...
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol well played. Well played
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Imo the economy needs a reset, but no one wants to part with what they see as their hard earned cash.

The last fix clearly didn't work, people hid money and items and would continue to do so fixing the economy is a nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea what i have is not “considered” hard earned $. It is hard earned $. Grinding instances repeatedly to get the drops to sell i think would be considered “hard earned” by any metric.
    Not sure what u mean by a reset. If your suggesting wiling all the cash so all of us start back from nothing im obviously aginst. Its a terrible idea, its a slap in the face to those who farmed legit, it doesnt solve the prob of inflation that will happen over time naturally, but worst of all, it doesnt solve the issue of $ being made outside the game and injected. I see gold spammers all the time. Dont touch the economy or what i worked for till that is stopped.
    On e the artificial injection is 100% gone im more open to discuss.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

We would all stand to lose our money and I think it's a brutal club, but we did a tax and effectively erased what, everything above 20bil but even the day following that erasure, nothing had changed...

I know resetting everything isn't ideal, but perhaps the reset needs to be somewhere more in between zero and 20bil.

If it's left as it is, it isn't going to get any better also you're never going to get rid of gold sellers.

Im all open to ideas that don't involve hard money resets also.
    • Like x 2
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

You need to understand that we've reached the point where the "legit" and "hard earned" folks are in the minority, controlled by exploiters and thieves who clean house on the broker everytime there's new, rare and valuable items available, just so that they can set the prices and resell them by the extreme, all thanks to TC Exploits, Cash exploits and the like. Did you ever wonder how all those Gold spammers could (and still do) have so much in-game cash to sell during all this time? :rolleyes:

Players who already had it well have just grown too comfortable with getting to make much, much more money indirectly thanks to said exploiters, thieves, and the crazy inflation they created. Should we really accept exploiters and cheaters to such extent all because I personally can lose in-game cash I've grinded out? You might want to take a few measly seconds and think about all the actual, legit players who drained their wallets chasing items that others outright exploited and cheated to get their hands on.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Hey man you all good? I haven't actually seen you around for ages, good to see you back lol, sorry total topic digression
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

All good, I took a break mid BOP-Episode and decided to quit when we became Bounty Universe Online with less content but funnily enough even more grind. :rolleyes::D

I'm just feeling out the game for the first time in a few months, seeing if I would want to sub up again and catch up or just stay premium and do the occasional Style dressup and Base building. :p
    • Like x 2
  16. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

There's so many collection pieces that I have given up on. It is insane just how much these pieces go for.. Billions!

I have done a bit of research into these goldseller sites, just to see just how much actual REAL US $$$ it takes to buy some of them. HUNRDREDS of real us money. It's crazy.

to think there's people who actually spend hundreds of dollars just to buy a single piece of a collection that ultimately does nothing for your game; i mean, half a skillpoint is nothing. You dont get higher stats, no edge, just something "purdy".

I can take my family out to dinner at a nice restaurant, go crazy on drinks and desert, for cheaper than some of these useless things cost.

but, to each their own.
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Oh all good, good on you, yea bounties were all fun at the start bit quickly became tedious, don't blame you.

Hopefully you find some enjoyment in game again ;)
  18. Jaelia Committed Player

Void essence ...... :( only one I need left it’s impossible I probably opened like 2000 qwardian capsules
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I don't bother with the op stuff i just get the vender gear and all the RND to make the op stuff i sell for millions on the broker and use that money to buy time cap styles i want,the only TCs i open anymore are the ones i can open for free with earned stabilizers. I don't think elite is work the headache so i don't bother with it. Not the biggest fan of this new dlc but i also won't be leaving any time soon since my membership is paid up until oct of 2021. After doing all the bounty feats on wonderverse having to basically do it all again this dlc is a bit of a hard pill to swallow so i have been doing them slower than last time and only have about 35 of each done so far.

I think in the next dlc i would like to see a solo & duo and less bounties.

Just my 2 cents
    • Like x 1
  20. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I mean... who doesnt just looove running around in a circle doing the same thing over and over again for hours?

Haha! ;)
    • Like x 1