You guys REALLY need to learn how to use the broker..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TomShepard, Nov 17, 2020.

1. TomShepard Active Player

Hi,im on US server(pc).This not only happens to me every single time i try to sell a chroma or some expensive item but i see this every time im buying something:lets say for fun i/someone,anyone/ trying to sell a chroma.I go on broker,none there.I put mine up for a price,lets say just for the example 500mill.People deliberately undercut mine 90%of the time BY MORE THAN HALF!!!WTF is wrong with this community??
    So this how usually the broker goes..you want to put your chroma there for 500.The second person decides "nah lets not get rich i like to be broke ima put mine up for 320,because f.ck money right?" 3rd person comes: " 320?Why sell it soo high?im happy with 150.."-And there you go,now that item only worth 150m as of rn from 500m.Well done.Its not even about ppl being stupid,its simply ppl love to f.ck other ppl over.And i know the trolls gonna say "uuuuuh look someone is ******** he didnt sell his chroma"-thats not the point shut up.Obviously i know ppl might undercut me and thats fine.Undercut me by 5 or 10 mill-you guys DO realise by you undercutting someone by 5/10 mill you STILL gonna be the winner,right?? Because everyone is gonna buy the cheapest in the broker obviously.Also no need to be hypocrite,most of us have a few things youre waiting the price to go up eventually.. Yes everyone have the freedom to choose the price,but no need to be d.cks.Undercutting someone is natural,thats the way to sell yours.But why destroy the prices?? Eventually the person who had the 500m now could only sell his for 148m at best and the others will undercut him again still probably..If on the other hand everybody undercuts the other by a small amount whoever had it for 500 can still repost it for around 450,which is still not 148!!!
    Everyone loves to make money,the more money you have the better.And Yet,ppl love to be ********* sometimes.
    Please dont be a *******.Its not rocket science,if you undercut someone by a small amount then your whatever WILL still be the cheapest one.Simple as that.
    I know im not the only one sick and tired of this.Im fine and understand if i couldnt sell my thing because 4 more appeared in broker,but come on now..cutting the other price IN HALF?? Really??I never gonna understand how these people work..I believe this is called " controlling the broker".Well,congratulations in order man,you controlled the broker and the item is worth less then half price now,go sell yours for 140m.
    This is why i've been saying for a year now mepps should cap the broker to 500m.AND ban everyone who tries to trade something for 40bill for example.Waay to many ppl dont have a chance to get their hands on lots of things,because the broker is soo off balance.Dont know about other servers but us server is soo out of hand.
    • Like x 1
  2. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Let me get this straight. You feel you should get to set the going rate for whatever object you list? if you overprice some chroma, that's on you.
    • Like x 15
  3. TomShepard Active Player

I see you didnt get my point.
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

so, what is your point? best as I can make out, you're complaining that you got undercut by someone on the broker. if you stick something on the broker for 50m, & I stick the same thing on the broker for 25m, tough. either match my price or get off the bus. I'm thinking you might be the one who really needs to learn how to use the broker.
    • Like x 13
  5. TomShepard Active Player

No,please try to pay attention to the capital letters.My point was (incase i wasn't clear enough) is this:Lets say you undercut someone by half.Why?So if someone puts stuff for 500m,why on earth would you post yours for 240m?Destroying the price for OTHERS?You could put yours for a LITTLE LESS than the other,making yours the cheaper one?
    You know..one there for 300m so you post yours 290 instead of like 130..or the cheapest is 700m you post yours for maybe 680 or 660 instead of 400m?
    My point is why destroy prices by undercutting others by more than 50%,when you can undercut others by 5-10% and still win the day?
    I can't explain this any better..
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So you're mad that your overpriced items get undercut severely, think prices should be set according to your rules, and are worried about too many people not being able to "get their hands on lots of things" because of an off balance broker, so you think Mepps should lower the cap?

You don't get to set the going rate for things...the market does that. Secondly, maybe the seller just needs to raise some quick cash before something else gets bought out and doesn't have the time to wait for something to sell at those higher prices. And finally, did you ever consider that maybe the seller doesn't have enough cash to list their item(s) at the same exorbitant prices, or that they're not generally greedy??? Any way you slice it, this is a poor reason to cap the broker.
    • Like x 8
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because maybe that's all that they could afford to list it at. If there were no broker fees then MAYBE you might have an argument (even though it would still be silly, since people are free to list at whatever price they want and whatever the market will bear).
    • Like x 4
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Maybe they just don't care? I know I don't. And I don't need money most of the time. And I also like posting things at a reasonable price so people that really need it buy it. Would love to see the broker become useful again vs ridiculous prices.
    If anything, I wish they would figure out a way for players to stop buying and reselling. Can't even count how many times someone would scoop all the $7mil canary cries and then relist them at $25mil. They think they're smart while the rest of us think they're lazy scumbags
    • Like x 3
  9. Fwames Well-Known Player

someone is butt hurt because he doesn't know how to use the broker
    • Like x 3
  10. TomShepard Active Player

Uhm..just realised the "cap the broker" thing..i should have left that out.Truth is,thats a whole separate topic why i feel that and have more / different reasons why i feel this way.In this topic i think im gonna delete that part because it just confusing ppl.So forget that last part.

Regarding the rest:no im not mad because "my overpriced items get undercut" i said i see this waay to often not just when i want to sell,but when others try to sell something and they cant because the prices are whack thanks to some idiots who undercuts others by 70%!

"think prices should be set according to your rules"- No what i think if ppl would be undercutting smarter EVERYONE would get more money.Now if you put something up for 500 i can decide to undercut you by 5% and would still get like 480 lets say or i can decide to price mine 200m and jjust get 200m.Either way i screwed you over because now you have to sell yours for 190(because i decided screw your 500 ima sell mine for 200..if i said however ohh okay you put 500 ill put mine 480 then if sells mine as lowest next is yours for 500..Bottom line i can decide to screw you over or be normal.And dont say this never happened to you when you tried to sell and looked at that 50-70% undercut and you went angry.
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

there it is. I price stuff at what I consider a reasonable price. I'm not a greedy man. I remember when that Harley material came out, & they were going at 150 - 200 mill on the broker. I sold the two I had at 75 each. because that was what I considered a reasonable price for the thing. I play the broker, but I play in 10s not 100s or 1000s. I think the most I've ever had in cash in-game is, maybe, that 150 mill I got off the Harley stuff. genuinely, I can't help but chuckle a little when I see a collection piece on the broker for 175 mill, & the next one down's 40 mill. the schadenfreude is real.
    • Like x 2
  12. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

In your example, you list a chroma for 500m and a person who has the same chroma sees yours for 500m and thinks you overpriced it so then lists his for cheaper. But if he only goes down to 490m like you suggest, then the next person sees you both as overpricers and then you both get undercut. So to cut to the chase somebody comes along with that same chroma and lists it for 250m. Winner.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

So, the comunity and the broker is wrong, so as the devs?
    What i've seen so far when i had have the chance to sell expensive things and there is none on the broker, you either put it at the max price, ask someone about the "normal price" and put the item with a price someone may be willing to purchase.

For example a few months ago, i got the nabu essence collection, i knew a price for sell was near 120m-150m, since there was none in the broker i thought "let's go for 250m, someone will buy"....lost the ~10m deposit, 200m lost ~10m again, at the end i put it at 150m and sold just a few hours before lossing the deposit.

U need to consider that the price you are selling has to be a price someone is willing to buy, and if someone cares enough to buy, for example i won't buy the OG plasmic aura since i dont like it, but i'll totally buy the green solar aura.

And about banning someone who sells for 40B? just why? if someone has that cash and is willing to buy, so be it.

IMO may be controversial, but i'll love to see at some point the posibility to purchase and sell on the broker for real cash or station cash. At the end is the players real/fake/fakeish money, she/he can do whatever he wants with it.

14. BumblingB I got better.

They undercut you because they want it to sell and don't really care for the amount that you set.
    • Like x 5
  15. Berza Committed Player

Or maybe the real price people is paying for that item is 120m, and you don't know so you list it for 4 times its price. Then another person who has a bit more idea (but not real knowledge of prices) thinks you are overpricing and probably they will sell theirs. And then a person who knows how the broker works sees both prices and thinks "hey with those ridiculous prices I am sure I can overprice mine a bit" and them they sell their 120m item for 150.
    That you put a price on something doesn't mean that item would have that price.
    • Like x 3
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Clearly you don't understand how the broker works. The broker was design for you to sell something you don't want. Not to get super rich. If you want to sell an item over price more power to you but don't expect everyone else to follow the the same rules. If I put something on the broker, I'm going to put it at a price, i know it will sell and sell quick. The reason for it, I want to sell it and not keep it. I'm not looking to making millions -billions of dollars.

The broker use to be supply and demand, not any more, people sell everything high because they see people with billions out there and want to get Super rich too.
    • Like x 2
  17. L T Devoted Player

I understand your frustration. I do.

But some people live for making tons of money in DCUO, and others just want to get by.

Some folks know the going rate on the broker for EVERYTHING. Some have absolutely no clue. The broker's flaws are many: you see a very short snapshot in time, and you can't see what things actually sell for. The person who lists a seasonal collection for 2 million may have no idea that mine just sold for 15, or they may just not care because 2 million is a lot for them.

No way of knowing, really.

My advice? If you see someone selling something for too cheap, just buy it. If it's truly cheap you can re-list it and make a profit, especially if you're patient. If you find yourself unwilling to buy it because you're not sure it will sell, then maybe it's actually not that cheap after all.
    • Like x 4
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I price to sell. I do not want to dink around with re-posting the same item a dozen times, paying the broker fees over and over again, and not actually selling it.

When I put something up, I am that dude who sees what the going rate is and then cuts it in half. I will massively discount the price as my own way of trying to make sure that I don't have to mess with it again.

You might get a bit more virtual currency. Good on you. But you're going to earn that money by wasting your playtime sitting in front of the broker. And for me, I don't really need in-game currency for basically anything. But I do have a shortage of free time, so that holds value to me.
    • Like x 5
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The thing is just because you think an item can be sold at one price doesn't mean others will agree that it should be that price. Severe undercutting of certain items will happen because people don't think it should be as high as it's listed. Just because a fancy new chroma can be listed at 500mil doesn't mean that the next person has to or necessarily should sell for maybe 5 or 10 percent less. Maybe they feel it's only worth half that.

And again, even if it is worth a certain price and can easily fetch that amount doesn't mean everyone can list it at that price. If trying to sell that chroma at 5% less than what you listed means I can't afford the listing price, i'll just sell it whatever allows me to list it, even if it means undercutting you or others that severely. To put it another way: if a poor player who only has 10mil to his name, you think he can list that chroma or collection for 495mil??? And trading isn't an option for everyone, especially with all the unscrupulous players out there.
    • Like x 2
  20. TomShepard Active Player

Oh? Okay,tell this to those who are selling the smoke chroma(recent one from this new tcs) for close to a bill..or for those who trying to sell "billy's tiger backpack" for a bill(1 collection piece,which is ridiculous)..
    I'd agree with you on the "broker wasnt designed to get super rich" thing but it is sadly not a thing on US server.Most things i want going for a bill or close to it,and i never see anyone putting a smoke chroma or a void mat for 500m because they feel thats a fair price lets others have it aswell.