DCUO & PS5

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Solarbound Committed Player

First off, you need to get off of that nonsense about 5v5 as I still don't even know who you are in game. Which, is so weird for you to do. Secondly, I asked you such questions because I am open and willing to read your perspective on why you feel the way you do about what I said. Not to get involved into a petty back and forth meme battle.

Based on your reaction, you clearly can't answer the question because you know I'm actually right. Yet, this was never a matter of being right or wrong. I'm more so on the end of having concern, wanting better for the product we all grew to love over these near past 10 yrs. The only ones in here who seem "bothered" by my point of view are the ones who play pretend and act is if the game is better than what it really is. Sorry, not sorry, but I'm not going to be the guy that comes in here sugar coating the state of the game. Given all of the money and time that we have collectively invested into this product, we're in a position to hold the DEVS accountable for their mistakes. Yet, it's a problem when some of us are willing to speak on what needs to be said regarding such? Please.

Going off to play another game is a very simple thing to do. And, I've done that. But, it's not the answer on how to address the issues revolving around this game. I truly do wish that I could speak on DCUO the way that I do of the gold standard that FFXIV is. But, the fact of the matter is I simply can't. Especially, when changes throughout have done more harm than good.

After nearly 10 yrs, there is just no more room for the excuses. We're supposed to be excited being able to play DCUO on the PS5 for what? Given the kind of game this is, if the DEVS are not going to do anything to take advantage of the technology within these next gen consoles, what is the point? They didn't even do that for the current gen era. So much opportunity was missed there. A primary reason why I personally state "undeserving." And, I know I'm not alone on that.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

^^^ That's your problem. ^^^

You had high expectations for no reason. Now you're trying to share this doom and gloom mentality with the rest of us who are just happy we have a game to play.

What were you expecting the PS5 to do?
    • Like x 8
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

The problem with you saying that, it's not just my problem. This goes beyond me, as there are many other players current and former who feel the same way.

I think after nearly 10 yrs, such expectations are very much within reason. Especially, when you have companies out there with a similar product who do for their communities what Daybreak simply has not done for us. Why are we afraid to acknowledge that? Certain things just have to be said and nothing changes if that goes ignored, just accepting things as they are. As I told you, I'm not here to sugarcoat. But, hey, if you're really that upset because I happen have a negative point of view in certain aspects of this game, "that's your problem."

I feel like I indirectly kind of already explained my expectations of DCUO in this newcoming PS5 era. It's more about what the DEVS could do, rather than what the system itself can do. We already know the system is powerful and well more advanced. Maybe the PS4 is holding us back now, huh? But, back to your question. More of the same. So, nothing really. I sure hope we're shown otherwise because our community deserves better.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's a lot the devs could do. Given enough imagination and the right amount of resources, one could go on and on about all the different things they could do with the game.

That doesn't necessarily mean they can do it, though. The resources may not be there (DI is working on another game, after all), they may have certain obligations they have to meet, their own priorities may not make it possible, and so on and so forth. And to put it bluntly, if they haven't gone that extra mile for PC players since the beginning, why should the arrival of a shiny new console make the difference?
    • Like x 1
  5. Wildcat Committed Player

anyone planning to buy PS5? just for DCUO?
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When they cut off PS4 support in a few years.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Me...because i'm not paying $70+ for new games, and instead will wait till they're heavily discounted (as I did with the PS4). As is, with the exception of the Spider-Man games and the Infamous franchise, very little has gotten my attention. I'm expecting that with some time (because that is the main thing to contend with) we'll get a native PS5 client that may leverage what the PS5 is promising. Until then I only expect to be able to play on it....when I eventually get one.
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So many points to be made here so let's see how this goes:
    Compare all the other mmos anyone would like but the 1 question is are they switch compatible?
    Who is buying all the players ps5/ new xbox? I'm not planning on switching consoles for awhile so after these updates happen, do I have to quit the game or go buy a console that is at the moment completely worthless to me?
    Why revamp a 10yr old game while sinking resources into a new game meant for new consoles? Guessing the next game will not be switch compatible since that would hold them back.
    We'd all like new this and that but they keep answering the same questions over and over and over. The only advice anyone can give is if you've run your course with this game then it is time to move on. No one's going to be angry at any player that chooses to walk away.
  9. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Imagine buying a PS5 for dcuo
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  10. Solarbound Committed Player

Jesus Christ, man. Thanks for the explanation I didn't need -_-
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How would it be any different for anyone who did the same when the PS4 came out?
    • Like x 1
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

bold of you to assume people play games solely based on the graphical fidelity.
    • Like x 3
  13. Swiftduck Loyal Player

you expect FARRR too much out of a dev team made up of low paid college grads who are in their first development job. lol
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. Good point; it isn't much different. Many people purchased the PS4 at launch in hopes that DCUO would let go of the PS3 format in a short amount of time. As we all know, that didn't happen; it took a couple of years for the devs to make that move.

Sony has a history of keeping older consoles around long after the new one launches; this time around will be no different, as Sony has plans to keep selling the PS4 for the next 2-4 years. That would allow time for the devs to consider and implement moving the game to the PS5, just like they did when they moved the game from the PS3 to the PS4.
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Wasn't there a substantial difference in quality? I played PC up until a few weeks ago but I remember hearing about several improvements the PS4 had, such as increased frame rate (30 fps to 60 fps), smoother details, and faster loading screens.

Plus I think there was the idea that the PS3 was really holding the game back so it was inevitable that PS3 support would eventually be dropped a few years after the release of the PS4.

On the other hand, I'm not sure people really feel like the PS4 is holding the game back.
    • Like x 1
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

No offense, but who are you to say this? Are you sony?

Is WoW not worthy of being installed onto a high end 2020 PC because it looks old? And I'm certain that most people won't get a PS5 *just* for DCUO.

Thousands of players still play this game.

I agree that a graphics improvement would be cool. I would love one. But I think DCUO could focus more on gameplay and story.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You are correct on several things (that jump from 30fps to 60fps was a thing of beauty). The PS3 was holding a lot of things back, but support for PS3 was subsequently cut because SONY was cutting all support for online services and security patches for the PS3. People have completely forgotten about that VERY huge detail and have stayed latched on the whole PS3 holding things back part.

Right now there is no native client for the PS5 or Series X, so any improvements for this game on those systems will be miniscule if any. That should hopefully change in 2021. Although no one should set their expectations too damn high, unless they want to severely disappoint themselves.
    • Like x 1
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

By the new consoles not having a native client, do you mean that the only reason DCUO can be played on them is because of backwards compatibility? I've been seeing various responses on the forums so I'm not really understanding. Most games don't improve if they're just PS4 games that can be played on the PS5 no? In that case then the huge graphic expectations don't make much sense I think.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm, why not? It's a backwards compatibility game for the PS5 and there is a massive digital library of older games that are on the PSN store that fall in that category that players will still buy.

I get that you are upset at the direction of the game, but if the game can be supported by new consoles, it should be there. Makes money for both the platform's company and for the game's company.

If the game had poor population and hard to actually run anything, you might have a point *coughswitchcough*, but that would be more about the state of the game, not whether it deserves to be on there.

I knew a lot of players that did this for the PS4, back when the devs said they would continue supporting the PS3. They still jumped ship, just for a single MMO game. Paid new release price too. Didn't look back.

I can see this happening.
    • Like x 2
  20. Solarbound Committed Player

This is a near 10 yrs we're talking about. But, given the results from this product after that amount of time, maybe you're right, haha.