PATCHWORK VS Legion episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KN1TE, Nov 9, 2020.

1. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Patchwork Themyscira looked visually good. I personally didn't like that daily missions were so far apart/separated in Patchwork. Patchwork was well, a little more time consuming work. The EA marks is a decent system & alternative without having lockouts & the need for replays. Allowing a gear drop for those under CR for defeating each bounty boss helps with leveling toons was also a helpful solution.

The addition of Elite weapon, neck, rings was a good addition so a player can get the Elite buffs for having 2 or 4 pieces. As that's all most DPS want or need.

Legion allows you to incorporate feat.s while doing the bounties with multiple daily missions combined. Or a player can just do multiple dailies at once (less time consuming) without doing the bounties (Good Idea Dev.s & Thanks for listening to feedback.) So it's a little more alternate character friendly. The new future area looks nice. I don't like the restricted access area where things are walled off or force field block areas from flying or going over buildings, but that's minute.

Glad to see option for Elite alert again.

The best addition, myself, leaguemates & friends have commented on, is the OP face mask being useable right away! It's nice to have an OP item you can actually use and build up while you use it. Not just another inventory clogger until it's fully broken thru. I'm guessing this is just the starro OP mask ranked up to CR because it also has a face socket. Now players are looking for those face sockets again and they are priced crazy in the broker. That is one way to get some players to go back and play the old content to get something slightly useful. I think the TTB raid is the only place dropping face socket mods?
    • Like x 2
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

My biggest issue with the new open world is actually how restrictive it feels. The invisible walls are blatant and I'm not a huge fan of how low the invisible ceiling is. Several weird corners that a character can get stuck in too (happened to me twice). I do prefer the space compared to Patchwork though. Patchwork felt far too corridor-y to me. Though I feel like 31st century Metropolis is so empty in comparison to actual Metropolis (or any city for that matter). Not sure if this is consistent with the comics or anything, but it's kinda sad to see. And this isn't just with this open world. I thought some other open worlds felt like ghost towns. Though I guess it can make sense depending on the state of the city.

Anyways, I think the open world missions are pretty decent. Not as good as BoP, but better than Wonderverse in my opinion.

Haven't played the instanced content for the new episode so no comment on that.

Not a big fan of the armor sets that came with either.

Also, and maybe this is just me, I miss the smaller harder NPCs that a single player or two could take on. Like the traditional Gotham enemies from the Riddled with Crime DLC. Being able to take on Deathstroke 1v1 made me feel like less of an irrelevant sidekick who gets called on by heroes, and more like a capable and independent hero who can take on villains just like members of the Justice League can.
    • Like x 5
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Made it through to the Evil Cosmic Boy fight in the elite alert, and I was really impressed by the added mechanics. It’s not difficulty that impressed me but instead the surprise of the visual and the “feel” of it. It was very immersive.

And even though they did duplicate some effects (like Quantum), they really did some decent work toward a magnetism power set.
    • Like x 2
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Agreed. Thanks for your addition.

The reason there aren't as many things outside is... post covid so every1 is more anti social? LOL! I hope that's not the future.
    • Like x 2
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Agreed I like the mini boss bounties. With the big bounties as of late I feel like a very small cog in the machine. I mean I know I'm contributing but it doesn't really feel like it.

Also I agree on the future map. I know most spaces have mission enemies but I think if they coulda added a few random civilians on some of the platforms it would give things a more lived in feel.
    • Like x 1
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

I thought the hide for the eye beam was a nice addition instead of the usual block warning. I usually opt to hide behind one of the cars and there were four of us crouched like we were hiding from the cops today. It gave me a chuckle.
    • Like x 1
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

About the face..... do we have to to back to old starro content for them mods to drop OR are they just super rare drops in current dlc?
    If so (returning player here), what content specifically can i get them from because in all my grind i have never seen one drop.
    Finally, what might based ones are there?
  8. Wildcat Committed Player

my problem with time travel dlc's is... where the hell is Flash or Zoom?

they made a flashpoint dlc with no Flash in it o_O
    • Like x 1
  9. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Good point.
  10. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Precision & Might, straight Might, Might & Power, I believe Dominance & Might, Vit & Might, they r crazy expensive on the broker ATM. The Threat Below raid is listed where they drop. Have not seen anywhere else where they may drop.
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I liked how in Wonderverse the dailies coincided with the open world bosses. I’d just do one cycle and the dailies just piggybacked on that and were completed in the boss fight. That saved me from having to do a lot of the repetitive spamming. In this new DLC, we pretty much have to do them separately which is no bueno.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Actually, I've noticed the relevant adds tend to spawn along with the boss in legion, so I've tended to finish my dailies with little or no effort beyond the boss fights.

On the other hand, there tends to be a bit of down time between boss fights in legion...
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

I didn't do the dailies in Patchwork as they took too long and much prefer the dailies in Legion over Patchwork. I can finish the open world dailies on an alt in 7 min or less, then switch to the next toon. Much quicker.
  14. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Personally, I liked Wonder Verse better.

It's pretty obvious the Devs designed this DLC to be a grinder.. more so than Wonder Verse. No solo mission, elite items costing a lot in BOTH currencies, plus the rarity of the shards ... ensures that either we will be grinding the bounties for a long, long time... or we will be paying extra money out of our pockets to replay the dailies and alert.

Also, the Legion mythology is so rich in the comics, with so many different villains and heroes having been created over the years. Did we really need the Teen Titans, Trigon and Mordu featured in this DLC? And why make the only three legionnaires featured in this DLC both the main heroes and villains??? I mean how many times do we fight Cosmic Boy? Three times.

Overall, this DLC also has a more "hectic" feel to it... that's probably due to the bounty bosses spawning so close to one other time wise. For Patchwork there was always that time after a full round for players to empty out their inventory, purchase an item if their bounty currency was capping out, or go to their base to update their gear and armories. Now, it's a matter of desperately trying to find the time to do any one of those things in-between boss fights. Bounty trains don't last long on less populated servers, so we try to get in as many as we can. Missing out on even one can feel like a loss. This has caused some players to make careless mistakes such as not noticing that their bounty currency was already capped, purchasing a wrong item, or accidentally salvaging or selling something they didn't mean to.

On a final note, it really is too bad that they did not make this DLC more "solo" friendly because with players inevitably taking a break from the game this DLC due to both the new Xbox and PS dropping... it leaves the rest of us hard pressed to get everything we need. And yes... I am specifically referring to the less populated communities like Xbox and Switch.
    • Like x 1
  15. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

So far I've gotten one mod from the solo's treasure box, one from the alert's treasure box and one from a loot cache from one of the cc quests, but the last one was a week or two before the current dlc dropped so I couldn't tell if that's still the case.
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Spindrift station, threat below, starro alert and duo, and think there was a solo too.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Got ya. Not that 100 might is worth much but may as well min/max once im done w/the DLC lol