DCUO & PS5

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Olli Malicious Active Player

Maybe I missed it, but has it been officially confirmed by the devs that DCUO will work on PS5? I’m assuming it will, but I find it weird that the devs never mentioned anything about the PS5 coming out and what it means for the game.
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

In 2013, dcuo did this when ps4 launched for dcuo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.p...se-online-on-ps4-your-questions-answered/amp/

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/playstation-4-faq-dc-universe-online

https://www.google.com/amp/s/venturebeat.com/2013/11/05/dcuo-update-31/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...-super-heroes-dc-universe-online-comes-to-ps4

That time it was with ps4 dcuo upgraded visuals and improved performance as DCUO utilizes the PS4’s system power.

Now, this week the new Xbox and new ps5 came this week.
    I wonder what changes DCUO has as overall??
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

PS5 is backward compatible. So DCUO will work on PS5.

Someone even made a video about this. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

To answer your question about the devs confirming it - no the devs have not officially confirmed it. But it will work on PS5 out of the box.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

It works...im on ps5 right now playing
    • Like x 6
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

..and it looks the same! :eek:
    • Like x 2
  8. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

RIP dcuo
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yes, because a game that's nearly 10 years old and playable on multiple platforms will go belly-up because it doesn't have the new/shiny applied to it for a just-released console.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Are the load screen times the same? Does gadgets stealth make you lag?
    • Like x 3
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I would love a major graphics update. Seeing DCUO on par with FFXIV at least (since they came out around the same time I think) would be really cool.

I don't really think the game would die just because it looks old though. WoW, SWTOR, and OSRS seem to be doing fine. I do feel like new graphics would attract more players, though. Whenever an episode is announced on the PS4 YouTube channel, the comment section looks like:

"Oh nice, this looks like a fun PS2/mobile game!"

or

"This game is still a thing?"

or

"I would play if this didn't look like it came out 15 years ago."
    • Like x 2
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unless it's gonna work on all the platforms, I don't think we'd see the kind of upgrade some folks have in mind. For better or worse, from all appearances they've decided to give all players across all platforms the same visual experience and have done so from the start.

I haven't seen any indication of them changing that approach, so we have what we have.
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

Yeah but the load times have got to be better. How's the overall performance? Are things smoother when: rotating the camera, going in/out of menus, etc? Any difference in the busy bounty areas?

My PS5 is coming in tomorrow! I'm going straight for DCUO... and I can't believe I'm doing that lol.

Oh, and everyone play Demon's Souls! (if you're getting a PS5).
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps said during the Charity Livestream that it would be backwards compatible. So it's not changing or upgrading like when the PS4 came out.

But who knows, maybe they will announce something during the Anniversary event. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Lucky you. I am green with envy. ;)
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

But surely the loading time must be faster. Much.... faster?
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As it should since there were no planned changes (which Mepps said there wouldn't be).
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Oh, so you too want to join the "League of People Who Predict DCUO's Downfall But Always Get Proven Wrong" going strong 9 years plus? Welcome to the club of bad fortune tellers. :)
    • Like x 3
  19. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

I really doubt people would want to play a game with PS2 graphics on a PS5.
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I see that allot and also some saying this game still around and I forgot all about this game . But most comments are 98% about the graphics .
    • Like x 1