Let us get role gear when we switch roles: Hear me out

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RadioGraffiti, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Imaginos Dedicated Player

It would have been smarter and easier on the player base if there was no role armor and it was all just a combined set of stats for each role.
  2. Aren Sul Committed Player

I've been wishing for this on every MMO I've ever played, although I'll be the first to say I'm probably not like the average player.
    I like playing as many characters as there are types (in this game, powers). I always enjoy experiencing as many of the variations in these games as I can. Having limited play time, I usually choose 4 of my 16 to focus on with each new episode, with one being the primary that will do everything I can and ends up earning the armor discount.

Whichever I choose, I like to play them solo and in groups. In this game, I find it easiest to be DPS when playing solo in most powers, leaving me to learn/vary play style by opting for an alternate role in groups. So, the solution of secondary ability by drops is sufficient for that. I usually ending up with a set that's all purples and blues (sometimes, a few vendor pieces as well).

However, I really do enjoy swapping out with other players in my group. I like to experience every aspect as I can. But that forces me to be, say, a strong Tank, but an okay DPS, or the reverse.

Now, ideally I'd love to have role-morphic gear, as the OP suggests. However, I'd also be happy if there were something like a character-specific discount where once your character purchases a piece of vendor gear, the alternate role gear costs only a few coins.

This would also help to lessen the number of times I need to kick myself for being distracted and accidentally forgetting to scroll down to the alternative gear and getting a DPS piece (I'm only human).
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I haven't had the chance yet to check on lower tier characters, but something like that does exist. I noticed it starting around the Amazon Fury 3 content, but if you get the feat for a particular gear set any gear you buy from that set afterwards is discounted. It takes the vendor cost from around 156 Marks to around 104 for a full set (armor, weapon, jewelry, face, utility). The discount only applies to the armor pieces, though. No discounts on the face/jewelry/utility/weapon.

It may not be the huge discount you're looking for, but it does exist and every little bit helps. Plus if they have bonus times where discounts are applied to vendors, it will bring the price down even further.
    • Like x 2
  4. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Just make a roleless gear will be much easier. Also I should say that support roles don't have any problems in solo content. If you too lazy for build up your character it's your own problem.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

going to get lots of hate for this most likely but stop with the op fear. Give op gear stats to vendor gear that way we can wear one set of gear for both roles. Wish we had artifacts like that, design for both roles, would of made things easier.
    • Like x 1
  6. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yeah as others have said, just use your drop gear for your alternate role and purchase the vendor gear for your main role. In my experience this has been the best way to do it.
    • Like x 1
  7. RadioGraffiti New Player

Wow its almost like you have missed the entire point of this thread and are only focusing on one tiny part of it instead of the main topic. You should re read what I original posted since it seems you have forgotten. I am not saying room is the only reason for why we should get the gear.

Even if it was just about the gear space, you cant expect every single person to be subscribed every single month. Some people have more important things to spend money on from time to time not everyones like you and thinks dcuo is life.

Even if you are subbed thats still what? 15 or 16 slots of gear you are taking up just for a support role? Not even counting pvp gear which would be about 30 or 32 slots?

Theres nothing wrong with my suggestion, I dont know why you are being so hostile about a harmless thread that would not hurt the community or game at all
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

No, I got the point you weren't upfront about.

Yes, I can. It's your first day in capitalism? If you want to enjoy a product; you pay for it. It's that simple. If you're not willing to pay for it, you have no entitlement.

I'm not being hostile. Stop assigning emotion to my replies where none exists. I've shut down your suggestion because I have no interest in anyone that would misrepresent the argument the way you did. And yes your suggestion does hurt the game. Storage space is finite for a reason. Offering additional space is a revenue generation path. Your suggestion would amount to taking revenue options away from the game and would therefore hurt it. Either buy slots or sub.
    • Like x 3
  9. RadioGraffiti New Player

Yeah obviously you didnt read my post because you keep talking about inventory space over and over when that is not my main point. It does not hurt the game at all why are you being so dramatic? Nobody buys legendary for inventory space.. Theres no point in subscribing when all the dlcs are free. Quit acting like you run dcuo, its a f2p game so theres no reason to give a middle finger to people just because they arent legendary.

My point is that it would be more convenient for players to not have to farm a whole nother set of gear for a support role that they could have just used for their dps role... It costs twice the amount of money, twice the amount of space, and it would also encourage new players to try it out while also not having to rely on their armories.

You keep bringing up inventory space and nothing else I dont know why that part triggers you so much. Quit acting like an entitled brat. So glad people like you dont run this game.
  10. RadioGraffiti New Player

You do realize to get max cr you HAVE to use marks right?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You do realize you don't have to be max CR to play the latest content? The game already caters to the everyday casual player. If the game were to start catering to the absolute lazy then we have a serious problem.
    • Like x 3
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If the benefits of being legendary include an extra armory and bank space then this would just be another reason in an increasingly large amount of reasons to drop membership. Yes, people pay for extra bank slots. Many players have toons just for bank space. While I get what you're asking for, as many have stated, it will cause the game to lose money.
    As far as what to do, everyone knows the answer. Just use drop gear. Buy some if you'd like but plenty of players do just fine with all purple gear. Even vendor gear from previous episodes is enough to be competent in latest dlcs
    • Like x 2
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

People like me do run the game. That's why you're expected to sub for that extra storage space you're salty over not having.

You're effectively advocating removing all of the things that the game monetizes. Like subs, extra bank slots, armories and you don't seem to grasp that. The features you think are not inconvenient by accident. The game is designed that way to promote paid features.

I get you're salty about being shut down, but instead of calling me names, take some time to think about your suggestions in a larger context. People are telling you what's wrong with your suggestion and you're not listening.
    • Like x 2
  14. RadioGraffiti New Player

Lol Im not salty about inventory space. I have plenty of space, subscribed or not. Oh no, we could get an extra 14 slots in our bank/inventory oh no now nobody will ever pay for Legendary.
    Legendarys only good for the episodes, money and extra space. They have already lost the biggest advantage which is the episodes, the dlcs have been free basically all year and yet you guys are all fine with that. Nobody's complaning that they are losing money over at daybreak but I suggest we could have an extra 14 slots and you guys lose your minds. I just said you would still need an armory like for your skill points and arts to be transfered over. But like I said, if you actually read my post youd know I already brought that up but you didnt so you wouldnt know about it.
    • Like x 1
  15. RadioGraffiti New Player

Yes Im aware of that. So you will always be behind in either dps or support role unless you actually buy each piece from the vendor. And how much do you think that would cost? I would guess about maybe around 1k just for one set. Keep in mind they release a new dlc every 3 or 4 months. And thats just farming for one character, everyone has more than one character and if you dont then you are in the minority.
  16. PolarisSylar Committed Player

This thread from original post, it seem like a secretly , just a Freetoplay premium legendary thread.

To original post, please buy more bank spaces or buy membership legendary.

Oks.
    • Like x 3
  17. RadioGraffiti New Player

I have no idea what any of that was supposed to mean...why does everyone keep bringing up the inventory thing and completely ignore the fact it takes 5 times as long to do solos, dailies and duos as a support role as it does for a dps...
    Btw you might wanna log off the forums and go level up your character.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You don't need vendor gear for your off role at all. It's your off role.
    • Like x 3
  19. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Hi,
    You describing what armories already does.
    You try have something else but it is ' armories ' already does my switching between prefer playstyle. It already in place .
    You want to have pieces to have all stats from DPS, troll, tank , healing , stats from these aspects to one. This would change a lot alot the ways stats mechanics are configure throughout the game, a overhaul.

I think you only have one armory but can't yet get it , it costs for you.
    I think you have pieces in your inventory it filling up , your inventory is full.

1. Buy another armory.
    2. Buy more inventory spaces.
    3. Buy membership legendary.

That help your inquires.
    • Like x 1
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

iF yOu ReAd mY pOsT u'D uNdErStAnD!

We did. And we did.

In your OP you suggested swapping roles (pressing T) could swap your gear along with your loadout, (removing the primary use for an Armory). But no one has a problem getting a 2nd set of gear, so your suggestion solves a problem that no one has/doesn't exist. When called on that, you defended your suggestion by saying it would give us back the gear inventory space -- revealing your real issue wasn't the fact that you didn't like having/using a 2nd set of gear at all, it was just the lack of inventory space bothering you as a non-subscriber and that was the real "problem" your suggestion is designed to solve.

As you can see from the replies, people don't really enjoy being mislead for their support.

Enough with the drama. Have a seat.
    • Like x 3