Quintile Crystal Shard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Noble One, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Noble One Committed Player

where do i get them? i got one from static.... and that was it. where do more drop?
  2. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I've gotten a few from the bounties, but they seem rather rare.
    • Like x 4
  3. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

They drop from bounties and the supply crates you get from doing daily missions around the open world.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I bought mine off broker and finished mask! They have ONLY dropped for ME...in the bounties! It is the catalyst that is the rarest...as usual since implementing the new OP item grind! I assume they drop in alert as well..but, i have hated the last two alerts!
    • Like x 1
  5. Ekart Committed Player

Do you remember what the catalyst requierments are for each tier?
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Wait, this is the first I'm hearing of them dropping from the crates from the daily solos. I've been under the impression they only dropped from the bounties. I run the dailies on at least three characters (usually five) every day and I haven't gotten a single one from a daily, they've only dropped from the bounties for me (and only twice at that).
    • Like x 1
  7. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I generally say the same thing on every OP item when a thread like this comes up.

The drop rate is SUPPOSED to be tough. OP items are not designed to be acquired in the first week of a new DLC (though you can do this by spamming til you drop and have a ton of in game cash).

In this case (IMHO) the "OP" mask is "OP" in name only anyway
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why don't you consider the mask OP?
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Cause the stats r super weak. Not near enough to call it OP. Its better, its higher but its not OP lol
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are you talking about the stats after you've fully ranked it up?
  11. spikeat Well-Known Player

I've opened almost 100 daily crates and have never received any crystal shards. I've only got one from the bounty.
    • Like x 2
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I only gotten mines from the bounties. So far only gotten the iodized gas from the suplly crates, but the other part (forgot what is what called) did get from alert and supply crates
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Your post may be satire, but just in case it isn't - "OP" (in this case) stands for Omnipotence, not Overpowered. Omnipotence as in you get some of every stat rather than stats just focused on one role. It's the community that have assigned the meaning as "Overpowered," which may have been true back in the day when the very first Omnipotence item was released in Battle for Earth, but it hasn't been the case for a long while now since they're replaced relatively quickly.
    • Like x 4
  14. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Maybe you should think about which "op" is even meant. It's omnipotence, which merely means maximum stats like the different role gear would normally have in parts, but all in one. Face items being among the most miniscule contributors to total stats, it's obviously not going to give you some giant increase to everything.
    • Like x 4
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

i ran 6 of my 11 alts in this dlc. Aside from each them getting one quintile shard from completing that lil mission I had has two drop since. One from Validus and one from a loot box. I'd rather sell the few I have left from not feeding my main toon and any I get from here on. My RNG with these pure fecal soup.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Nail on the head
    Post was 1/2 teasing but stats on final product really are pretty lack luster. Maybe this is because its a face an not a chest or what not but none the less
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Plus there is a slot to add a mod. So there is that.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

my apologies..i dont remember..
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Their drop rate is awful, + I bloody hate they're only obtainable from the bounties. I really loathe doing the bounties.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

The stat increases at that level are marginal at best IMO. Also, unless I am mistaken ( which would hardly be anything new :) ) the piece is not elite so you don't get a mod boost either