Test Discussion Episode 39 - Quislet Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Oct 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

By not using a supercharge, you are effectively reducing a 3rd of the potential of Quislet.
  2. Mystere Well-Known Player

Is that third true if you are not using Soul Cloak?

I will test with a super but I am pretty certain it will still wildly underperform given the difference in dps during Super down time.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mystere Well-Known Player

Ok reran tests with balefull transformation added as a super on 3 dummies in League hall and:

1. Grim, Source, Quislet with these abilities: offering, soul barrage, fury, baleful, godwave and over 2 mins (which was necessary to get super) 66,153; 54,828; 59,660; and 77,693 which = an avg of 64,584 per 30 secs

2. Grim, Source, Quislet with these abilities: Offering, Karmic Suspension, Soul Bolt, baleful, godwave also over 2 mins to compare apples to apples (which with Karmic allowed for 2 supers to fire off) 66,294; 76,778; 48,799; 78,079 = an avg of 67,487 per 30 secs

Recall that my average 30 sec dps with Grim, Source and Dead kings Scepter with Dark Bat Construct = 79,500

I also did a full 2 minute test with Dead Kings scepter so that you would have to use Dark Construct Bat and Dual Wield sidekick and got: 78,347; 65,706; 66,175; and 70,840 = an avg of 70,267 per 30 secs.

Also you get other benefits for using dead king's scepter like orbital dmg and recast times on trinkets that are not included in these tests.

Thus based on these tests Dead Kings Scepter is still a better choice for a sorc pet build vs Quislet.

Is there some other test I should perform that would be better?
  4. Batuba Developer

Are you running Dark Construct bat with your Grim, Source, Quislet combo? If not, you should and see how that damage compares (more apples to apples as you are adding an extra source of damage by summoning him)
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any type of Pets additionally to the 3 already summoned do not affect Source shard in this case.

On an unrelated side-note, there is a bug that the sparring targets refill your power-based pets like fury/crystal/suppressor turrets power bar continously. This led to a massive boost of damage that isn't realistically going to happen in content. This has been going on for some time so you might have heard about it already, but i thought it is helpful for balancing since the majority tests new pets + source shard with sorcery.
    • Like x 4
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Have to agree, if you use 4 pets vs the usual 3 pets only rule godwave has us living by then 4 pets will always win no? Mostly thinking that gw would hit the bat/ grim/ fury. If you lost the buff to fury because it hit the other 3, your damage would suffer immensely.
    If anyone has the inclination to continue playing around with it, feel free to message me and I'll share my loadout which usually has me in the high 70s to low 80s. Have seen higher when using the gs supercharge
    • Like x 1
  7. Mystere Well-Known Player

No, because it would be a 4th pet out and I thought it would run the risk of making godwave hit a pet other than fury. I will run a test to see just to have a comparator. But also at that point I might as well use my orbital to get the full bene of scepter. It is going to be very hard to do an exact apples to apples comparison. But from the comparison we have been able to make it appears that Scepter wins but I will try a few more things and see what happens.
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, make sure to always hit offering whenever its off cooldown. Otherwise you risk to get fury filled automatically and will have flawed test results.
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you are testing with the dark construct bat in your parsers and comparing the damage summary to a non DCB rotation you also have to account for the cooldown of the pet in the overall average or you are skewing the results. So take the parsers from when the bat is off cooldown and then average them all out compared to the Qusilet rotation and then show the results of the damage. If you are running DKS as an artifact that is still 108 seconds you have 0 damage from dark construct bat compared to the full rotation of Qusilet for that 108 seconds.
  10. Mystere Well-Known Player

With scepter I run dark bat construct and dual wield sidekick and rotate them so that there is almost always one of those two out. That was reflected in my 2 min parse that I showed above. This is how you always ensure there are 3 pets out when you run Grim, Source and Scepter. You can see from my test that DBC def boosts dps but the dual wield sidekick isn't too shabby and with Scepter your cooldowns are reduced so that you can almost summon them back to back to back.
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Your test is fundamentally wrong, in one case you use 3 artifacts and 2 trinkets and in the other only 3 artifacts. If you want to get the correct result, you should use only 3 artifacts in both cases, or in both cases 3 artifacts and 2 trinket. Little tip, turrets don't get shard buffs, which will give you 4 pets without risk.
    • Like x 1
  12. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I really like the Quislet, when it fist loaded I thought maybe I misloaded a trinket, Although I liked it from the beginning. I think it is good in that it adapts and the audio/graphics of it. I initially thought to myself oh I've got myself a neat 31st Century trinket.
  13. Mystere Well-Known Player

Incorrect. It is a pet build that needs 3 pets to get the most of godwave. Thus you need to use pet trinket. The variances are accounted for as best as they can given the differences in how some artifacts work. If you read the entire thread you will see this.
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

If you do not actively change trinkets during the battle, then you will only have 4 trinkets to use, two trinkets for pets and two others (because yuo use DK artefakt,most likely it will be suplay drop and an orbital), in another build you will have 3 permanent pets, so that You don't need 2 regular pet trinkets, which you will replace with a buff trinket and a turret that you will use on a permanent basis in place of 2 regular pet trinkets and it is with these changes that you should test if you want to get the correct result.
  15. Mystere Well-Known Player

Ok I just ran Grim, Source, Quislet and used Dark Bat Construct and Dual Wield Sidekick on same two minute parse and got:

77,599; 75,853 67,597; 71,818 = avg 30 sec parse of 73,216

This is higher than the Scepter parse of 70,267. So even with the randomness of which of the 4 pets godwave was hitting, it parsed higher.

However, I think that once you add in the extra damage from orbital and faster recharges to trinkets and orbital from Scepter that they may wind up being even.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheEnquirer Active Player

Batuba, I want to thank you for taking the feedback and listening so far. This artifact has taken a step in the right direction. However, (and I cannot stress this enough) there are still some inconsistencies.

If you have 4 pets out, Source Shard seems to be giving the buff to whichever 3 pets it wants to randomly.

Scenario 1:
    Grim + Fury + Quislet + Dark Construct Bat are active. You use Source Shard, give Fury offering. But Source shard doesn't give the buff to Fury, resulting in 1/3 the damage. One of the other pets at this point would not be making more use out of the buff than Fury would with Offering.

Solution: Always give Fury the Source Shard Buff, either if Offering is on Cooldown or just give him Permanent Priority.

Scenario 2:
    Grim + Fury + Quislet + Dark Construct Bat are active. You use Source Shard, use a Supercharge to activate Quislet's special Beam. But Source Shard doesn't give the buff to Quislet, effectively losing out on that exponential (AND WELL NEEDED) damage.

Solution: Always give Quislet permanent Source Shard priority.

Scenario 3: Grim + Fury + Quislet + Dark Construct Bat are active. You use Source Shard, but Dark Construct Bat does not get the bonus. Once again, there is a damage loss if say, Quislet with no procs or supercharge bonus, Fury with no Offering, and Void Gazer gets the bonus, instead of the Dark Construct Bat.

Solution: When a stronger pet trinket is activated, it should be given Source Shard Priority.

These are just a few things I've noticed with the pets and how they interact with Source Shard and seem to create a fluctuation and underwhelming performance with parsers. As I've said, Batuba, this is definitely a step in the right direction. But the artifact / pet is still lackluster, even with the sc regen, there's just too much downtime.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheEnquirer Active Player

Seconding this, if you're running Quislet + Grim + Robot Sidekick / Fury, there is no room for a 4th pet to get the buff. Also, yes, please look into the pets getting power back. It's skewing the numbers to go higher while parsing, which is inaccurate and doesn't work in a raid. But funnily enough, even with the power back from the sparring targets, the boosted power back isn't even extremely good. Which can also be tested with someone running BOP artifact, you'll notice that even with power regen constantly coming in, Fury doesn't make the most of it and often times opts to do his Hand Blaster weapon combos.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm, wasn't the fact that pets opt to use weapons something they intended? I seem to recall a dev mentioning this during the pet AM addition phase. Just a means to limit the pet to bring it in line with power based AMs. As I recall, supply drop and battle drone used to also feed pets power. So the power bar is really for the AM pet mechanic we still have today.

I'd have to do tests, but I remember when pets get power, it really does nothing unless you are the one using your pet feed power. It's been a few years since I tested this.
  19. TheEnquirer Active Player

So I've done some additional testing of Source Shard + Grimorium Verum + Quislet and here were the results for Single Target.

CR 317
    Might: 74.4k

Single Target (Downtime with no SC)
    Lowest parse: 34k/s
    Average parse: 45k/s
    Highest (but most infrequent) parse: 54k/s

To put this into perspective, with my Mental DPS at CR 317, on test I was netting:
    Lowest parse: 44k/s
    Average parse: 52k/s
    Highest parse: 69k/s

All I did was switch my pet artifacts for Solar + Trans + Strat and my numbers have gone up considerably more than with Quislet + Source Shard + Grimorium Verum. Anyways back to the Sorcery parses.

Single Target with 10k Grand Summoning Supercharge (but only for 2-3 parses, then goes back to average ST parse)
    Lowest:63k/s
    Average: 71k/s
    Highest : 75k/s

At this point, either Quislet needs to be buffed, or going back to the pet revamp, (which was supposed to be continously looked at) the pets (Fury and Crystal, in particular) need to be tuned accordingly.

Here is the playlist below of me testing the different Single Target parsers.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEhGQninuamk3hjiaIxWyOX2_8M7dMC4t
  20. TheEnquirer Active Player

Yes, but with the last pet update, they were tweaked to make them better. Now the time has come to do so again. Especially after having not one, not two, but THREE pets that rely on one artifact to do increased damage. One of the things they did was nerf Crystal by 8%, then bring Fury up to that nerfed number. I think this may have been too harsh, and shows why the parsers OVERALL are lower. Fury is constantly out and attacking. If we are to rely on pets in a pet-specific playstyle build to do a SIGNIFICANT amount of our damage, their base attacks need to be stronger. I think the simplest solution is to just buff Fury and Crystal's base damage back up by a percent, starting from 1% to 5%. The last update was in March, the 8% debuff to Crystal/Fury was too much, and it shows in the parsers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.