The future of artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fwames, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Fwames Well-Known Player

With the release of the Legion artifacts and how niche and conplex it looks on paper. What are your initial thoughts on it and do you agree on the path where the recent artifacts seems heading into?

Disregarding the touted "pay to win" aspect of it and based solely on the artifacts itself of course.
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Did i miss where they showed them?
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I didnt see anything showed on artifacts in live stream.
  4. xtrahigh Active Player

Most of the info is in Testing forums
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Not a fan. I managed to get three artifacts up to 200 during our last double xp week and a couple of upgrades for my alts. Spent some cash. Not much but enough for a few completion seals and a couple of the 75k xp stones. I was hoping to get my troll artifacts up from 140 to at least 160. Been stockpiling nth metal. Some of the dps artifacts that i got up to 140 that i'm told will rock at 180/200 are sitting in my inventory.

Now there are three more new ones?

Don't want to do it again.

Just reading the descriptions gives me a headaches. fill bars up here, stack this, deal x damage according to y...no. just no. Even if they prove to be beast its just not worth it.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm excited that I'm not excited about any of the new ones. Means I can continue how I am already set up on 3 characters.
    Main is pet build and that new pet arti sounds like it absolutely won't work for my build. 1, that's 3 pets out non stop which means my bat trinket which hits like a super orbital is out. My double fury during sc would probably never hit again either. So nope.
    Celestial alt, sticking with trans/strat/eye for dual role ease.
    Rage toon, sticking with what he's got because I'm not going to spec for hybrid style now. That art may be for upcoming skip toon build but meh
    • Like x 4
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol yes I feel exactly the same for the first time I'm sticking to what I have and not going to go nuts trying to get any of the new ones. I may try that new pet one on a alt but definitely happy and satisfied on what I have already.
    • Like x 1
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

Can you show the artifacts or stats? Ty
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Feel like too many artifacts at this point,it's not fixing the real issue, just another band aid with more problems
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Check the Testing section here on the forums, there are threads for each one of them. These artifacts aren't on test server yet.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I keep reading thru it and expecting to read something I've missed. But it just seems like an rsk without needing a slot no? It's a great grim replacement possibly but probably not worth giving up pi cuz then that slot you save gets taken by a pi applicator. I might give it a try but sure won't be using any real money or sacrificing another arti.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I have an idea to try a turret pet (green crystal or anti-mater turret) and 25 % supercharge...

Two out of three artifacts are on the test server ... alas, the most interesting ones are not (at least for me ...) ...
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Just remember that turrets don't get buffed so myself and other source shard users don't use them
    • Like x 1
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Oh, I know that very well, that's the point;)

Before the new artifact, it was not profitable to use a turret and a Shard together (in fact, using more than 3 pets (even Grand Summoning) was not profitable (this, with very rare random exceptions, led to a decrease in damage (since very often the shard's amplification went to the weakest pet from the bundle; (

but since with the new artifact we will get 3 permanent pets, we will be able to use 3 which are guaranteed to receive reinforcement from the Shard and 4 which are not affected by the shard, but which in itself is very strong ...
  15. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Really? I haven't seen them. Guess I'll have to check them out. :oops:
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You can get an artifact with a new pet and an artifact for controllers from the test box (well, you know where all the other artifacts are, on the test server (sorry English is not my native language, but I hope I managed to explain ...).
  17. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Okay, I get it, thanks :)

I'm not really interested in artifacts themselves, just curious to see how they function.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The good news is, you don't have to. With the exception of the first set of artifacts, there's no real reason to go killing your pockets and driving yourself insane chasing a new meta. The previous metas are still viable. The only thing that changes is that someone else may have better personal success with a different meta. Doesn't mean you have to chase it...unless you have more money than sense. Also, if you have access to the test server, I highly recommend you make extensive use of it before you make any drastic changes on live. Doing this can greatly reduce buyer's remorse.
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Gosh I would have never figured that out on my own.

the controller one looks interesting. I always wanted the power to slow ads down in game (also wondered why controllers didn't have some sort of equivalent to a "haste" spell as well) but its just the whole rigamorole of it all. Wish this could have worked as an "add on" feature to an already existing artifact with each of our three loadouts having a few slots we could mix and match. Better yet as additional abilities for a troll. Not entirely new powers but additions. Even better if such abilities were unocked by...skill points!

Anyway the mathy ones bore me. I literally feel the life being drained from my body when I read those descriptions.
  20. Fwames Well-Known Player

I agree that we already have enough artifacts to keep a somewhat diverse style of gameplay but I also agree on the concept of a creating more artifacts to further open up the game.

For this episode I was hoping for something else but I guess it us still to early to tell. I just felt that the last few artifacts have become a little bit too gimmicky but not too much. On the other hand.... Oh boy.... This batch seems too be oozing with it. The last batch turned out fine since the artifacts' are flexible enough to accommodate a wide variety of playstyle and on paper this batch seems too be so constricted on their supposed playstyle. Then again, as I've said it's too early too tell. I just can't shake the vibes on what happened when they created a precision ability artifact or on how the death count on the illiterate kept on rising due to the "learner's amulet".